Postpartum fat loss and fitness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right had a bit of a binge before but I’m now getting some steps in while baby is in the carrier and might try and do some kind of workout later. Think my eating isn’t going to be the best at the moment while we get the building work done but will try and keep my exercise up to keep the habit and hopefully offset some of the convenience food. I also bought some tinned soup before, I know it’s not the best but is handy for healthy-ish lunches at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Right had a bit of a binge before but I’m now getting some steps in while baby is in the carrier and might try and do some kind of workout later. Think my eating isn’t going to be the best at the moment while we get the building work done but will try and keep my exercise up to keep the habit and hopefully offset some of the convenience food. I also bought some tinned soup before, I know it’s not the best but is handy for healthy-ish lunches at the moment.
Nah I think tinned soups can be pretty good! Especially if your priorities are low calorie and convenience and filling. In an ideal world I'd make everything from scratch but that's just not realistic for me with 2 young kids, including one that barely sleeps. My sister has gone on an ultra processed foods ban since the new year but her kids are much older so she has the time to prep everything.

• Heart
We eat soup almost every Sunday. I’ll make a big pan and freeze it in portions in a container. When it’s frozen I’ll put I in a ziplock so I can reuse the container straight away. I’ll make soup once a month that way and there’s always homemade soup in the house!
If we know there’s a rough week coming up we’ll do the same with lasagna/curry/pies.

Also; making everything from scratch all the time is an utopia. Just do what makes sense for your family.

Reactions: 1
Yesterday I did some sit ups and a plank, this morning I used TF for medicine ball twists (she was not impressed). Core hurts a bit so at least I know I’ve done something.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Baby's been weighed today. She's 20lb12oz! And she's bloody heavy!
Now I've just worked out I've lost 2.5 of her!! And it's put my loss into perspective. I find her heavy in her carrier, so how on earth did I carry around 2.5 of her on a daily basis?!

I might not always feel like I've lost & I'm still definitely plus size but having a bit of a visual for Mt weight loss has been an eye opener.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did another hyrox class tonight. Really enjoying these classes - they're a great variety of strength and cardio training which keeps my ADHD mind ticking over.

Have we all given up? 🤣
Hahahah almost. My weight loss is plateauing now. We had norovirus in the house and the weather has been horrid so I gave up couch 2 5k. Having a mobile baby means I can't do any post natal fitness classes as I can't get anything done, miss the days when she'd just sit there like a potato. Back to work in 2 weeks too, not sure whether that will help or hinder.

Small wins - I'm wearing jeans again and my bras I bought in November are now too big.

Reactions: 2
Have we all given up? 🤣
Keeping going here but no real loss but clothes seem to be fitting better. Desperate to get back to crossfit and found a gym only 15 mins from me that does sessions I could do 2-3 a week with home work outs as well. Gonna start there in April and I'm so excited for me time😆

• Heart
Struggling tbh. I've swung back into some bad habits and need to give my head a bit of a rattle. Exercise is going well but eating is not. Haven't weighed in a while as I'm terrified and certain I've gone back over what I was last time I stepped on the scale (though my jeans are fitting better and I can finally get my rings off, which hasn't happened for months).

• Heart
I am bouncing around the same 3lbs. I think I might do a bit of intermittent fasting for a while to regulate my eating habits for a bit - I eat constantly and don’t really think about what’s going in. I’ve been poorly for what feels like the last 6 weeks at least so not been in a position to exercise and the house is a bomb but today I feel a bit brighter so hopefully can be a bit more active. I am going to lose 4stone before my 40th next year so I need to get a wriggle on if I want to do it in a healthy way.

• Heart
Have we all given up? 🤣
Yes 😂 I’m completely off the wagon, I just feel I don’t have the mental capacity to look after myself/weight 😞 I was talking to my friend yesterday and we were like when are we meant to do stuff? I used to walk an hour daily and work out 3/4 times a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have totally given up, weight going up, not down. Getting married in 8 weeks and look like a blob. Got some good control pants.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t have any sense of smell or taste at the moment but I just made myself a Greek salad for lunch and we’re having chicken tagine for dinner served with cous cous . Tomorrow I will make a chilli con carne with carrot and courgette grated in to the mince to bring up the amount of veggies in the food.

This used to be how I ate every day of the week and now it’s a behaviour I’m having to relearn.

Reactions: 2
Today started at 2.30am, so far I've had mcdonalds breakfast and a twix so that's how it's going over here 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just polished off a mocha, chicken toastie and chips. Calories almost as high as the cost at this garden centre but telling myself I have less than two weeks of maternity left so YOLO

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I seem to just be floating around the same weight. Not much going on. I’m okay about it.. I’d love to lose maybe a few more pounds by the end of the year at least, low goal 😂

I think really what I really need is to do some exercises but no idea where to fit that into my day, any bit of free time I’m too tired and can’t be arsed! Guess it’s just one of those things you have to force yourself to do.

Photos from MM’s party today and one word- yuck. I’m so digested with how I look. That shouldn’t be my first reaction to pictures of myself with her but I’m just enormous and it makes me so sad. This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen after having a baby and it has .

• Heart
Reactions: 4