Postpartum fat loss and fitness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are we all doing? 😂🤣

I can’t believe how bad my eating habits have been.. so many things just eaten for convenience and really not giving a crap, especially the last 2 weeks, completely off the rails 😭 scared to check the scales, I see so much bloat going on, but have my period now so it can wait a week to check! 😂

I don’t know truly if I want to actually lose any weight but I sure don’t want to gain any, could do with exercising but where is the time 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Absolutely dreadful & I can feel it in how I am mentally.

However it's Easter and I plan on munching down on Easter eggs so starting back strong on Monday.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My eating has been bad but trying to get back into running this week. Just completed run 2 and omg my back is killing me. Need to stop
Eating crème eggs.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The size 14 jeans I bought a couple of years ago fit now. Pretty surprised as I was sure I was piling the weight back on again. My head has been a total mess recently and I really haven't been eating well at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I swear I'm prediabetic the way I've been caning through sugar. I'm actually feeling so crappy and my eyes are bloodshot to tit so I need to do something. I literally had a healthy breakfast and dinner then the next day smashed a load of chocolate again. Easter isn't helping. Went to the gym once and nearly died. Forced myself to sign up for a membership so I need to get my act together after Easter. No point beforehand 😂

So diet update....
Today I baked cornflake tart, carrot cake & brownies 🤣🤦‍♀️
My house smells delicious and the goodies are tasting wonderful. Mondays reset can't come quick enough 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Today's my reset, after losing my way for a while. It's a healthy food shop, plenty of movement and fingers crossed I see a nice loss soon.
I've cried this weekend about feeling frumpy, ugly & fat. I just feel like I have zero self-esteem, which has always been the case but it feels so much worse at the moment, my confidence has just gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m finally back on it with some sort of exercise each day which may be one of these; walking/light jog with pram and baby (45 - 60 mins), 30 minute all body workout with weights whilst baby has independent play, yoga after baby goes to bed, power walk on my 30 minute lunch break at work, solo jog/run on one day over the weekend. If I can get 2 of those workouts in a day, it’s a bonus. If I miss a day, I’m not hard on myself, tomorrow is a new day.

If anyone else has any exercises I can do as a solo parent, let me know. I agree with most it’s hard to find time so I’m trying to improvise and find any window where both baby and I are happy lol

Food wise, I’m eating clean on the weekdays, trying not to eat past 8pm and not eating before 8am the following day. On work days, I’m pushing my intermittent fasting to 10am the following day. Snacking is my downfall so the times I feel hungry in between meals, I drink water, if I’m still hungry, I grab fruit. Weekends I am a bit more relaxed with my eating and I find because I’ve been eating clean in the week, I’m never really that naughty on the weekends anyway. My Friday night take away still remains and its not going anywhere 🤪

This all worked for me pre baby and especially during lockdown when the gyms were closed - I was at my fittest going into 2021. I’m sad not finding time to go to the gym but I feel it takes a lot of our time at the moment and finding a consistent baby sitter is hard for stuff like this.

Fingers crossed I can stay motivated as I find it a struggle when mini justme is unwell and doesn’t sleep to keep it up! Wish me luck guys, I have a holiday in August that I want to feel confident on 🥲

• Heart
Quite smug with myself this week, haven't been eating the best, but the last 2.5 weeks in March I'd been out walking with the buggy for 1.5-2hours per day even if it was raining... 6lbs down in total for March! Wish I'd ate well and it could have been a lot more off. Almost at pre baby weight but hopefully aiming to lose 20 - 30lbs depending what looks best for me as I drop weight. I'm sitting at 173lbs and my goal even pre baby was 140lbs. I only managed to get down to 155lbs before sacking it off and piling the weight back on. April's goal will be to get as close to pre baby weight of 166lbs.

Finally ordered myself some new tops. Turns out I'm four sizes smaller than i was wearing!! No wonder I have felt like tit in all my clothing and frumpy and ugly.
My bra size has also gone done, so my boob's are finally supported better and held more where they should be.
Never felt so guilty ordering clothing for myself in my life, but by heck did I need some new tops & jumpers. Why did I decide to keep my smaller jeans but not get any smaller tops?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
24lbs to go 😩 single parenthood has been helping so far though, i have no time to eat!!

• Heart
Ran 10km today, my furthest post baby run (and probably thinking about it the furthest I've run since the marathon in May 2021, as I was off with plantar fasciitis for a lot of the first trimester, then when I got back into running in the second trimester I was too breathless to go more than a few miles). 1 hour 10. Not my best and the last couple of miles were tough but I'm glad I've done and I'm hopeful that it'll only get quicker!

I'm down to 177lbs now. Goal is under 160 by Taylor Swift/my birthday which is second week of June. (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ran 10km today, my furthest post baby run (and probably thinking about it the furthest I've run since the marathon in May 2021, as I was off with plantar fasciitis for a lot of the first trimester, then when I got back into running in the second trimester I was too breathless to go more than a few miles). 1 hour 10. Not my best and the last couple of miles were tough but I'm glad I've done and I'm hopeful that it'll only get quicker!

I'm down to 177lbs now. Goal is under 160 by Taylor Swift/my birthday which is second week of June. (y)
1 hour 10 for 10km is good! What was your pb pre baby? I can’t wait to be back to fully running and I’ve got all fingers crossed I’m able to do a half a marathon next year. It’s just finding the time to train. Like you, I haven’t really ran since my 10k race in May 2022 and I found out I was pregnant the day before the race! A week later first trimester sickness hit so I slowly fell off 🫠

Reactions: 1
I would love to start running I really want to start couch to 5k but it’s just finding the time!

Reactions: 2
Just popping in to say hello! Hi! 👋 Currently almost 3 weeks pp, hoping to jump on board properly once I'm past the 6 week mark, currently thinking I'll start properly May 1st.15lbs down from final pregnancy weight, cheating because 8lb of that was baby 😂 Ideally want to lose around another 40lbs. I was overweight before getting pregnant due to not being able to lose the weight after my first baby, so would really like to get down to pre-kids weight. I'm not a gym goer or a runner or an exercise fan at all so this is going to be super tough for me but figured you guys would be able to support me 💞

• Heart
1 hour 10 for 10km is good! What was your pb pre baby? I can’t wait to be back to fully running and I’ve got all fingers crossed I’m able to do a half a marathon next year. It’s just finding the time to train. Like you, I haven’t really ran since my 10k race in May 2022 and I found out I was pregnant the day before the race! A week later first trimester sickness hit so I slowly fell off 🫠
55 - 57 minutes depending on the day and race, PB was about 54:30 - but a good few years ago! I'm running a 10k race in May and hoping for sub 1:10, but it feels like a big ask.

• Heart
Well done on your running and exercise. I seem to be racking up minor injuries and niggles. My right shoulder blade (all the way down) and my neck are f*cked. Can’t seem to stretch out of discomfort- any ideas? I got an Apple Watch for my birthday and it’s an amazing incentive but I can’t work out where I can find the time to move more except for weekends? With 1 child it was manageable but I find two really challenging to find a moment spare - I love them both so much it’s hard to complain but I’m such a blob at the moment I can’t remember what it feels like to really feel like me!

• Heart
Well done on your running and exercise. I seem to be racking up minor injuries and niggles. My right shoulder blade (all the way down) and my neck are f*cked. Can’t seem to stretch out of discomfort- any ideas? I got an Apple Watch for my birthday and it’s an amazing incentive but I can’t work out where I can find the time to move more except for weekends? With 1 child it was manageable but I find two really challenging to find a moment spare - I love them both so much it’s hard to complain but I’m such a blob at the moment I can’t remember what it feels like to really feel like me!
If you’ve got a soft squishy ball or even a cushion, lie on your side and pop it under your side towards your armpit. Breathe trying to expand your ribcage at the back and sides as much as you can.

We lose movement in the ribcage during pregnancy. I get a sore scapula and this breathing exercise helps a lot.

Demo’d here very briefly. All of these breathing exercises help me

• Heart