Post pandemic Halloween/Christmas, what’s the plan?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably normal,but ours are never that big of a deal anyways.

I'm a Halloween Scrooge. I switch off all the lights at the front of the house and stay in the kitchen and ignore the knocks. It will wind the puppy up this year and her barking will upset the old one, so I might actually put a note on the door.

Christmas is a bit unknown at the moment. But imagine it will be similar to normal. Christmas lunch with my parents, then they'll go go my brothers and we will enjoy the quiet. Normally my PIL would come over, but MIL is shielding due to cancer treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Back to normal for me, house is all decorated for Halloween an we got candy to make little bags for kids who I hope are gonna come trick or treating, don't feel like kids coming round is any different to going into shops really, usually Xmas is pretty quiet for us, just my folks an my bro an his partner an kid, am not great on the crowd levels but I enjoy the Xmas markets so maybe I'll drop into town one day when schools are in an go for morning where its less stressful

Reactions: 1
Back to normal for us! My little boy is too young for trick or treating but he’s having a little Halloween party at his Grandma’s house with his cousins on Halloween weekend so it’ll be nice to see them all dressed up together!

last year we were able to see my Mum and sister for Christmas and agreed this year we’ll go to my boyfriends families. Not looking forward to it tbh 😂

After losing my mum on mother's day this year, I'm too sad to really celebrate. However my dear dad was reminiscing about his childhood Christmas's and I'm going to try to recreate a 1950's Christmas for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Normality has resumed for us too. No more putting life on hold. We’re taking our four and six year olds Trick or Treating for the first time ever on Halloween. We’ll carve some pumpkins on the Saturday before. Don’t like Bonfire Night much, feel sorry for the pets and my children can’t cope with the noise due to sensory issues/ASD. We haven’t set our Christmas plans in stone yet but we’ll either have a quiet one at home again or spend it with family on the west coast.

• Heart
After losing my mum on mother's day this year, I'm too sad to really celebrate. However my dear dad was reminiscing about his childhood Christmas's and I'm going to try to recreate a 1950's Christmas for him.
That’s so lovely! 🤗 eBay have loads of fabulous 50’s Christmas decorations, cards etc… 🎄

• Heart
I’m spending Christmas with my Auntie, who I’ve hardly seen for the past 18 months. She has been shielding due to having CLL, so I’m looking forward to spending Christmas with her! Christmas will be a bit different this year due to my brother not being very well, but it will be lovely to have a proper family Christmas this year!

• Heart
Halloween I am going to the party I normally go to, and taking the kids to a few parties too.

Christmas we are having my parents over from Italy for about a week. Not sure now if that will happen if cases keep rising how they are and Italy may reintroduce quarantine rules.

Reactions: 2
My favourite time of year! Will both be normal for me regardless of what the government advise …

• Heart
I’m going to a crew party for Halloween. I’m going as Carrie which should be fun 😆

We don’t really do Christmas as I hate it. Our usual thing is a blow out holiday to somewhere luxurious so hoping that’s back on the cards this year. Last year we spent the holiday money on gym equipment instead as we couldn’t go anywhere really.

If we have to stay here I’ll probably just go for swim in the morning and go walking in the afternoon while avoiding all the Christmassy types 😉, and spend the holiday money on a summer house pod thing ( forgotten what it’s called) that I’ve got my eye on.

• Heart