Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

F the dust.

VIP Member
After losing my mum on mother's day this year, I'm too sad to really celebrate. However my dear dad was reminiscing about his childhood Christmas's and I'm going to try to recreate a 1950's Christmas for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Back to normal for us. Shielded for 146 days last year and not putting our lives on hold a moment longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Back to normal here and have been for most of the time. I shielded for I think around two mths but then gave up

I am hoping we can have a proper Christmas as normally do the homeless thing all over the Christmas period as I hate Christmas but so look forward to volunteering as it stops me from thinking about myself and I meet so many interesting people.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

openbook1

VIP Member
We don't have family in our province so typically it is just the two of us at Christmas which I don't mind. We go to the ballet on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is really lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

nbt

VIP Member
Team Back to Normal here too. Can’t wait for trick or treating and to see family over Christmas.

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Totally normal here, Halloween kids party this weekend. Trick or treating etc on Halloween.

Invited family over for Christmas - last year proved life is to short and I missed the chaos and not having enough chairs 😂

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
Completely back to normal for us, we have quite a bit planned over the next few months that would have been frowned upon a year ago 😂

Reactions: 3

LittleMy

VIP Member
Normality has resumed for us too. No more putting life on hold. We’re taking our four and six year olds Trick or Treating for the first time ever on Halloween. We’ll carve some pumpkins on the Saturday before. Don’t like Bonfire Night much, feel sorry for the pets and my children can’t cope with the noise due to sensory issues/ASD. We haven’t set our Christmas plans in stone yet but we’ll either have a quiet one at home again or spend it with family on the west coast.

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’m spending Christmas with my Auntie, who I’ve hardly seen for the past 18 months. She has been shielding due to having CLL, so I’m looking forward to spending Christmas with her! Christmas will be a bit different this year due to my brother not being very well, but it will be lovely to have a proper family Christmas this year!

• Heart

Web30

VIP Member
All normal here, halloween party booked and trick or treating planned as well!

Christmas day will be just us at home then boxing day family party 😀 bring the normal on!

Libbie

VIP Member
Normality rules here too! If the last 20 months have taught us anything, it’s that life too short! 💕

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Probably normal,but ours are never that big of a deal anyways.

I'm a Halloween Scrooge. I switch off all the lights at the front of the house and stay in the kitchen and ignore the knocks. It will wind the puppy up this year and her barking will upset the old one, so I might actually put a note on the door.

Christmas is a bit unknown at the moment. But imagine it will be similar to normal. Christmas lunch with my parents, then they'll go go my brothers and we will enjoy the quiet. Normally my PIL would come over, but MIL is shielding due to cancer treatment.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We all know last year was legally cancelled by both Boris and SAGE member, Bette Midler

but is anyone putting restrictions on their own celebration’s this Halloween/Christmas/New Years?

Or is it pretty much back to normal for you?
with trick or treating/family get togethers/nights out etc?

Reactions: 2

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Back to normal for us. Although we did go trick or treating last year, and while we were out, we left sweets out for the neighbours and hand sanitiser 😂
I am due a week before Christmas, so not too sure what’s happening, but after last years shambolic cancelling which saw us in tier 4 have our Christmas cancelled on the 19th December, we will be seeing family no matter what. We’ve been double jabbed, maybe even triple by Christmas.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Bonfire nights been cancelled in our town again this year, hopefully Christmas markets will be back on and I’ll be celebrating Christmas Day with my extended family whether they put us in another lockdown or not, over it.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Back to normal, we have booked to go to centerparcs with our family to celebrate the week before Christmas which I’m really looking forward to. Also looking forward to experiencing the lead up of activities out and about a bit more - fireworks, Christmas parties. So much fun.

Halloween we are going to a friends costume party. I love this time of year so I’m really happy it’s looking like we are going to get to enjoy it again.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Back to normal for us. We have a big family meet up on Christmas morning round one of my uncles with all my aunties, cousins, children etc to give presents and generally just to see each other. There's loads of us that go and it's absolute chaos. I am looking forward to it as obviously last year was the first year I can ever remember it not happening.

On the other hand though, part of me did enjoy the quiet christmas last year!

• Heart

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Halloween I am going to the party I normally go to, and taking the kids to a few parties too.

Christmas we are having my parents over from Italy for about a week. Not sure now if that will happen if cases keep rising how they are and Italy may reintroduce quarantine rules.

Dipdab

VIP Member
My favourite time of year! Will both be normal for me regardless of what the government advise …

• Heart
Reactions: 1