Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inappropriate use of ‘literally’ and ‘anxiety’- the latter especially. There seems to be this trend by influencers and reality folk to say things like ‘triggers my anxiety’, when they really mean that they’re nervous or uneasy.
Agreed. Medcalising a completely normal emotion. Same goes for when people say they're 'a bit OCD' about something. It just trivialises serious mental health issues.

Reactions: 22
Like when like folk say LIKE, after like every like sentence 😤😤😤 and end it on the most over used word of all time - Literally. Fries my nut.

Reactions: 11
Mumpreneur. I would not use a business where the founder referred to herself as a mumpreneur

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Got a couple more

Basically- I have a friend who starts every conversation with ‘basically’
Live-laugh-love 🤢

Reactions: 16
When people say my NOT so little... as in - Happy Birthday to my NOT so little brother!
Don't know why but it drives me mad.

When influencers write "Why am I nervous?" over the most ridiculous thing.

Another one is when people who believe in conspiracy theories say - 'Please educate yourself' or 'Do some research'. Its like they don't have a valid, sane response so they tell us to do some research and educate ourselves! The list could go on, I'm currently pregnant and extremely irritable 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When people say my NOT so little... as in - Happy Birthday to my NOT so little brother!
Don't know why but it drives me mad.

When influencers write "Why am I nervous?" over the most ridiculous thing.

Another one is when people who believe in conspiracy theories say - 'Please educate yourself' or 'Do some research'. Its like they don't have a valid, sane response so they tell us to do some research and educate ourselves! The list could go on, I'm currently pregnant and extremely irritable 😂😂😂
They are usually the same people who when you ask them what research they have read to come to that point can't seem to answer. Apart from you tube.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So many on here that I agree with but these in particular I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Cosy - as soon as September hits on Instagram 🙄

Delish - are you Jamie bleeping Oliver?

Granbabies/grandogs - are you a redneck from the Deep South?

Baby mama - the rage this one stirs up in me is unparalleled 😡😡😡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
When people start a sentence with ‘OK, So’ Then continue to chat tit 🙄 drives me mad!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Around 2011 I noticed people changed the phrase “I couldn’t care less” to “I COULD care less” - why?

Also ‘could of’ ‘should of’ ‘would of’. It’s HAVE!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
“Be kind”
“Line drawn”
“Hun”
“Gawjus”
“Live laugh love”

“Literally” used in the wrong context.
Any new slang that kids say.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.