Popular expressions/words that need to be banned.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shook.
Living my best life.
Yaaaaas.
Any influencer/instragram phrases
Also the whole 'Karen' thing is getting old now

Reactions: 32
Omg Karen is so over used now. It’s aimed at basically any woman who disagrees with something in some way. Actually feel sorry for people called Karen, I know if it was my name being used like this I’d be tempted to change it🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I say 'like' far too much and most of the time I don't even realise I'm doing it 😂

I'm guilty of saying "like" a lot, I admit it 😂

Omg Karen is so over used now. It’s aimed at basically any woman who disagrees with something in some way. Actually feel sorry for people called Karen, I know if it was my name being used like this I’d be tempted to change it🤣

There should be a male equivalent of the term "Karen" like "Malcolm" or something 😂

Shook.
Living my best life.
Yaaaaas.
Any influencer/instragram phrases
Also the whole 'Karen' thing is getting old now

"Living my best life" annoys the hell out of me!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
End of.
Just sayin'

Both usually said by people who aren't interested in listening to opinions other than their own.

Then theres the sickly sweet ones that make me gag, like..
Hollibobs
Famalam
Fur baby
#makingmemories
#blessed
You got this
This girl can
She believed and then she could (or whatever it is)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Inappropriate use of ‘literally’ and ‘anxiety’- the latter especially. There seems to be this trend by influencers and reality folk to say things like ‘triggers my anxiety’, when they really mean that they’re nervous or uneasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Most of the above, particularly the new normal, living my best life, hollibobs, fam/famalam and making memories.

Also:
Staycation (always hated it but it's being especially overused now )
Fitfam
Dem/dat/da, e.g. dem gains, dat peach (seen a lot on fitness accounts.... always reminds me of the line in an Arctic Monkeys song "you're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham"))
Obsessed with
Overuse of the word "amazing"
No words

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Sainsbo’s / Sainsbobs. Or any cutesy name for a shop

“My tribe”, referring to family. You’re not an indigenous gang of reindeer herders living in the wilderness

Calling kids “wild ones”. Same issue

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Hubby/hubs
Anything 'goals'
The number of 'sleeps' til something
Vibes
Star week
Being 'on plan'

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.