Popsy Clothing Cult #9 When the funds stop, stop. Be Popsy aware

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We talk a lot in my house about the difference between “feeling anxious” (normal) and “having an anxiety disorder.” (Medical)

a lot of people don’t see these as two separate things.

my ex used to blame anxiety for everything and yet wouldn’t do tit about it. Wanted a magic pill. Wouldn’t engage with therapy or do any work for themself. That’s half the problem.
My son once said that he had "social anxiety". As I told him, being a bit shy or nervous in unfamiliar social situations, is perfectly normal. It's not a disorder! 🙄

Reactions: 19
Ewww I've just found her Instagram and this is her caption about it 🤮 It has to be a Popsy, the over sharing! Wtffff
I’m skipping straight over how incredibly, gob-smacking terrible our aluminium clad friend looks, and going straight to the oversharing. so rank 🤢 who would think that’s a fun thing to post entirely publically?

if she is indeed a Poopsy, then far be it from me to insinuate that there would be any connection between ishooes in the hoo ha and wearing too much polyester, but COME ON. I really also need to know how you “achieve soup” - but of course, I’m obsessive, so…🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just seen the next line up for House of Games. I assume this is a Popsy? I don't know who she is, but she even has the mis-matched tights. The Poopettes are gonna be beside themselves 😂
I don’t think it’s a Popsy. There is no badly cut fake wrap front across the chest and the waist is just underneath her bust so is too low compared to the usual fit of the dresses (note sarcasm). The tights and shoes however are spot on for the “dressed like a colour-blind toddler” Popsy brief.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We talk a lot in my house about the difference between “feeling anxious” (normal) and “having an anxiety disorder.” (Medical)

a lot of people don’t see these as two separate things.

my ex used to blame anxiety for everything and yet wouldn’t do tit about it. Wanted a magic pill. Wouldn’t engage with therapy or do any work for themself. That’s half the problem.
I have a recognised anxiety disorder and I've struggled with since childhood and throughout my adult life. I didn't really know that was the problem until the last seven years or so. I would say that understanding what anxiety was, how my problem had arisen and how it affected me really helped me to see why I was struggling so much and that led to educating myself extensively on it. I've also sought therapy. I know that to maintain a semblance of a normal life I have to constantly put work in to keep myself grounded and check in with myself. I'm still learning and honestly I find it as boring as duck at times. I feel like I'm always having to put in alot of time just to tread water. I just want to be "well" and not have to think about stuff alot of other people take for granted. So I do find it incredibly frustrating when people like your ex and possibly the younger generation coming up just refuse to do things because they "get anxiety". At times my anxiety has been very severe but I was too frightened to ask for help. I've suffered a lot but I've always held down a full time job, paid my own way and fulfilled my obligations to others. Just sometimes not very well and I'll admit that I find it hard to commit to others much when I can have such big dips in ability to cope. I also try not to mention it too much to other people as I know its now becoming a big cliche.

You're totally right that feeling anxious is normal. But avoiding it only makes it worse so it has to just be accepted as normal. I think there is alot of pathologising about mental health conditions. There needs to be awareness but not so much labelling. The younger generation need to understand that a range of emotions is normal and that the "bad" ones are needed as much as the "good" ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have a recognised anxiety disorder and I've struggled with since childhood and throughout my adult life. I didn't really know that was the problem until the last seven years or so. I would say that understanding what anxiety was, how my problem had arisen and how it affected me really helped me to see why I was struggling so much and that led to educating myself extensively on it. I've also sought therapy. I know that to maintain a semblance of a normal life I have to constantly put work in to keep myself grounded and check in with myself. I'm still learning and honestly I find it as boring as duck at times. I feel like I'm always having to put in alot of time just to tread water. I just want to be "well" and not have to think about stuff alot of other people take for granted. So I do find it incredibly frustrating when people like your ex and possibly the younger generation coming up just refuse to do things because they "get anxiety". At times my anxiety has been very severe but I was too frightened to ask for help. I've suffered a lot but I've always held down a full time job, paid my own way and fulfilled my obligations to others. Just sometimes not very well and I'll admit that I find it hard to commit to others much when I can have such big dips in ability to cope. I also try not to mention it too much to other people as I know its now becoming a big cliche.

You're totally right that feeling anxious is normal. But avoiding it only makes it worse so it has to just be accepted as normal. I think there is alot of pathologising about mental health conditions. There needs to be awareness but not so much labelling. The younger generation need to understand that a range of emotions is normal and that the "bad" ones are needed as much as the "good" ones.
I could have written this. Professionally, I’m not doing what I wanted to do because my brain was not wired well to cope with Uni, and there were no support systems in place then because girls didn’t have autism or ND conditions. Despite that, I’m pretty successful in a very male dominated environment and to get there was a battle against 20-25 years of sexism, harrassment (including 2 incidents of what would now be considered actual sexual assault - but brushed off as to be expected as a young woman in a male dominated environment 🤷🏼‍♀️), bullying and fighting against the old boys club. It was so bad at times I would cry in my car before going in. I went in anyway. Things are so, so much better for our new starters now, and I’m very involved in being a part of that change, but I find myself getting annoyed at the lack of professional responsibility some of our intake have. I really try not to minimise but I be would have killed for some of the problems that they refuse to work through being all I had to deal with.

Couple that with childhood traumas and a couple of ND diagnoses (only made in my 30s but lived with since I was tiny) it’s been very, very hard to progress. I support our younger intakes within my org and I’m frightened for them as it seems that in the main(generalising here) they are not being taught to deal with stuff, rather exclude themselves because they ‘can’t’ do it because of x, y, z, diagnosis which tells them they won’t be able to do it and more importantly they don’t have to and no-one can make them.
So they can’t do half the job that they are hired to do (it’s a regulated industry so it’s not really a choice). I also worry that they’re taught to be super reactive to horrible things that people say, (the outrage cycle), rather than being taught to try and manage how to deflect and not let those kind of people and words affect you negatively. We’re never going to stop some people being absolutely vile, but we can teach our younger generations to deal with that without launching into an over emotional response and giving those type of people a reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally get you both above.

I’m an ND adult (diagnosed in my 30s of course) supporting a suspected ND child (girl, so of course she’s “just anxious”). We do a lot around recognising both good and negative emotions and what those things are our body trying to tell us.

Will she be medicated in the future? I don’t know. But we are setting foundations and medication isn’t the FIRST choice. But I will also say that after a very long time struggling with things that were labelled anxiety, depression, OCD etc etc and it actually turned out I have ADHD. Now that I’m on the RIGHT meds, my life is different. But I’m still doing the other things - the therapy, the check ins with myself, the honest conversations.

it’s all important. People seem to think you “have anxiety” and then you get a magic pill and it goes away. Or if you don’t want meds (which is somehow prudent because there is stigma around meds) you’re either supposed to just “deal with it” or it becomes your whole personality and you hide behind it and use it as an excuse at every turn (like my ex).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Guys I’m not being a dick as it is relevant to the cult/why people get sucked in but there’s a literal neurodiversity thread as well as autism and ADHD ones? I just feel it’s a better community to discuss these issues freely and with other ND people/parents. I STARTED, I repeat STARTED one of the relevant threads so don’t have an issue with the discussion :)

With Popsy, they don’t seem to be capitalising on Christmas much at all! This is peak buying season so where are all the glittery dress launches/ Christmas prints?

Reactions: 17
They’ll be out in probably February.

like that time they released an autumn leaves dress in like December

• Haha
Reactions: 6
With Popsy, they don’t seem to be capitalising on Christmas much at all! This is peak buying season so where are all the glittery dress launches/ Christmas prints?
Do they really need to though, if people will continue to buy any old shite?

Reactions: 2
Guys I’m not being a dick as it is relevant to the cult/why people get sucked in but there’s a literal neurodiversity thread as well as autism and ADHD ones? I just feel it’s a better community to discuss these issues freely and with other ND people/parents. I STARTED, I repeat STARTED one of the relevant threads so don’t have an issue with the discussion :)

I don’t want or need to discuss my experiences, my comment was in direct response to a comment made in here regarding the Popsy mindset (as you said) and rather than actually about being ND or whatever, it was more about the Popsy quest for a diagnosis against all other options or coping mechanisms. But thanks for the suggestion, good to know there are there for those who do want them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
IMG_3273.jpeg

Please let me reply it’s Nena you bleeping idiot 🙄
The lady on House of Games this week, apparently she goes by the pseudonym of Flapjack Lumberjack, which is coincidentally the name first rejected by Timber!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 2597662

Please let me reply it’s Nena you bleeping idiot 🙄
The lady on House of Games this week, apparently she goes by the pseudonym of Flapjack Lumberjack, which is coincidentally the name first rejected by Timber!
I'm having a really slow day, but I have no bleeping clue what song she's banging on about!?? Edit - that looks way angrier than I am 🤣 I'm not angry, just confused

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.