Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BearOnChair

Bunch of weirdos. I understand the community/cult aspect is good for sales but the page is just full of so much unrelated crap for clearly unstable people. It's ridiculous!
Yes it must put off the regular, average facebook group joiner which means the pool of people actively using the groups decreases over time.

Reactions: 14

WeTalkAboutBruno

Chatty Member
All I've been thinking about this week are the poor prom-goers who've had their personal details plastered all over that bloody group. Anxiety, hair loss, self harm, bullying, ND difficulties shared with thousands in the name of a little bit of attention... Not on!
It's almost like the ones who had a normal school experience don't really matter. People wear mental illness like a personality trait these days 🙄

OhhBacon

VIP Member
That post about the child dying is so odd. I don’t get why it was approved by admin. What they had written barely made sense and honestly what a piss take asking to lean on people who has been through something that like personally when all she did was follow a social media page/YouTube or whatever it was. Grief thief.
Thread title right there.
I can't understand why admin approve most of the posts. If the point of the group is to promote the popsy brand then they really need to look at what they are approving.
I assumed that there weren't admin and it was a free for all group!

Sharkbait

Imagine worrying that a jumpsuit will sell out while you’re at your grans funeral? She honestly said I won’t be able to get on til later. The behaviour from people on this group is just nuts

• Wow
  • Haha

Tender & Tired

Chatty Member
Did I read correctly one of the ladies has shared photos of her daughters prom from FIVE years ago because she was feeling left out seeing all the prom pics 😂

Err needy much?!

• Haha

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I remember babycentre. I posted there when I was pregnant with my eldest. It was batshit. A massive hug box until you had a different opinion to certain posters, then all hell would break loose.

I think another similarity with Popsy is that there were a lot of very vulnerable women on there who made BC their whole support network. There were some genuinely upsetting threads on there where the women needed much more help than a forum could provide.
Babycentre was insane. I was in one of their birth groups years ago and there was a huge mass flounce after one ladies baby died (it was so so sad and she was obviously devastated) and another member asked her to stop posting about it because she wasn't the only person having a hard time, said poster for example, had just split up with her boyfriend 😲

There was uproar, she got called out for being a heartless monster and she and a group of 'friends' flounced off and set up their own alternative board.

The poor bereaved mother never came back. I still wonder if she's OK and the relevant child of mine is now in her late teens.

I think groups like that naturally attract narcs (presumably because in real life everyone avoids them like the plague).

• Wow
  • Sad

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Fucking Gummy. Shares her son in his uniform with badge clearly visible and states she works at the same school...

Why is this dumbshit safeguarding risk allowed to work with children?!

Sorry but as somebody who worked in schools this is infuriating.

Is there a way to report this to admin? It's so dangerous and they shouldn't be allowing it. It's doxxing minors who can't consent.

Last edited:

Mum3boys

VIP Member
Jesus shortest flounce in history. These people really do need attention don’t they 🙄
---
The nipples are out again as well

• Sick
  • Haha

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I am not one to judge people’s houses because my own needs a good declutter but ‘lounge is a bit untidy’… looks like a hoarders living room. Why would you post it publically?!
I think a lot of these popsy posters are actually hoarders. The amount of stuff they order, not even knowing if will fit or suit them, just for hit of getting something new.

• Heart

Itchy of Itchington

I'm fairly horrified by the woman who posted her daughter's exact location alongside the info that she is stuck and can't get to the place she is meant to be and can anyway tell her the bus company. You've just told 40,000 people where your 16 year old autistic daughter is along with providing handy pics of her.

• Wow

Tui

VIP Member
Not everybody thinks that. It's getting a bit tedious how the gender thread have to start frothing on every thread and stating opinion as fact.
Trans women are men is a fact.
---
Depends if you like polyester I guess. Here's Linda to tell you more (she's pretty passionate about this - I particularly enjoy the Cherish name drop)

View attachment 2281441
This is hilarious 😂 reminds me of when Mrs Hinch “made” a cheesecloth jumpsuit with Tesco which wasn’t cheesecloth, oh how we laughed 😂
---
I'm just waiting with baited breath to see what Gummy is up to today on her rollercoaster ride of a life.
She’s crazzzzzy!
I’m very proud that my nickname Gummy has been accepts by the fold. It’s very suiting given her name is Gemma 😂

• Haha
  • Sad

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I can't stand grief junkies. One of my fears in life is me or one of my family dying in a tragic way and not only having the grief and trauma to deal with but then people who don't know you putting out flowers, doing vigils, posting all over SM about it etc. It's so weird. Also, she posted saying he was very unwell then the first comment was someone telling her quite sensitively that unfortunately the boy died at the weekend and she wrote back "I know". Right, but you'd just posted and didn't say he'd died.

Bunch. Of. Weirdos.

^ How I plan to end every single post on this thread now.
Bunch. Of. Weirdos. Has to be the next thread title!

WeTalkAboutBruno

Chatty Member
Thread title right there.
I can't understand why admin approve most of the posts. If the point of the group is to promote the popsy brand then they really need to look at what they are approving.
I assumed that there weren't admin and it was a free for all group!
I have a few Popsys and I've been in the group for a few years now. I gave up posting in it because they never got approved. All I was posting were recommendations for things like trainers and vest tops. Maybe I should've mentioned about having anxiety or a disability 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Hmmm don’t think I did, it wasn’t anything like that I can think of. Was able to reply to someone else fine (but with different wording obviously)
---

Oh maybe I did say something against community standards 🤷🏻‍♀️ because I didn’t get the same thing this time. I wonder what I said wrong?
It can be quite innocuous - once somebody on fb asked me where my socks were from, I replied "Fat Face" as in the shop and got a ban for bullying 🤣

• Haha