Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IOrderedASandwich

Once upon a time a lovely fairy godmother called Cherish invented some dresses. "I shall get the birds and the butterflies to sew each one right here in England, and I shall name each one as though they were my children." And so she did, creating dresses with gnomes and foxes and unicorns and other things that small children like, but they came in big sizes, magical big sizes that could fit everyone. The people of the land loved them and declared them Popsy Pretty.

BUT an evil goblin called Mark Zuckerberg put a curse on the pretty dresses with toddler patterns and ladies' names - each person who bought one was compelled to go onto the Mystical Book of Face and tell all the other Popsy Pretty people their innermost secrets, and the more they did this, the more they would want to spend all of their money on even more polyester garments that looked like a primary school library had vomited on an ironing board cover. The curséd women seemed happy, though, and their affliction could be easily hidden....that is, if they never met another like them, as were this eldrich event to occur, they would be struck by the third curse: that they would lose the power of human speech, only able to shriek POPSY IN THE WILLLLLLLDDDDD!!! to the confusion of all.

The nice lady Cherish became very rich, and the birds and butterflies didn't, but that's because capitalism exists even in fairyland.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
They’re not…!

Okay. I think I’ve mentioned before I’m friends with Timara and I kicked off a bit of a row in the last thread. I will not deny that Timara is a wee bit eccentric. However- Timara also has autism, ADHD and Tourette’s and some of the behaviours on display are down to that. I think I’ve mentioned before take the Mickey out of Popsy all you like (don’t bother me- I would be inclined to agree) but it’s not cool to slate someone’s actions that they cannot help because of a disability. Having spent time in Timara’s company (and as an ex mental health nurse I’ve seen all kinds in my time) the neurodiversity issues are extremely crystal clear. Looking at some posts of Timara’s as well now I can see how that comes across as well.

Timara is aware that people take the piss, I think a lot of trans people do as my other trans friend is the same. But my other trans friend is an ex squaddie with arms like brick outhouses and just fights anyone who pisses them off 😂Timara also says that the reason for some of the things you see is because of medical issues at play, Timara also struggles with ME, as do I, and I know on bad days I’m physically unable to make any kind of effort. Granted, in Timara’s case there’s a certain kind of look at play, but all I’m saying is if one day (I’ve seen posts referring to this) she might be perceived as making no effort or something, that could be why.

Timara is very Marmite- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are times as a friend I think Jeez where is the off switch with this one!! I can see why people would laugh or point the finger.

However….

ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order. Granted- no-one knows this as I don’t believe it’s been mentioned it on the group although Timara is pretty open about it, but please bear this in mind. Also, I know people are going to say I have/I know people who have this that and the other and don’t behave like that etc… but that’s the whole point with neurodivergence- one size doesn’t fit all. I’m neurodivergent myself but in a totally different way. I know I’m weird 😂it’s no insult to be told that.

If Timara was just an oddball I would say okay, Timara is a weird oddball. While it’s never nice to have a bunch of people slagging you off, you could probably do something about it. But when there’s neurodivergence issues at play, it’s a bit different. I’m not defending Timara because of being a friend, I’m defending Timara because I know what it’s like to have people rip it out of you because you’ve got a disability (I have alopecia and I have no hair and the amount of times I’ve been in tears because of horrid comments) I will not lie, there has been times that Timara has posted a pic and I’ve thought ohhh okay, maybe not. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But some of the comments on here are a bit unfair and below the belt.

I’ve commented before when someone was laughing at someone being overwhelmed or something and when I pointed out said poster had a mental health condition that caused her to feel that way, the person apologised so I know that there are reasonable people on this thread. I am not in the Popsy group anymore so I don’t know (and frankly don’t really care) what’s being said on there. I think the whole thing is frankly ridiculous! (And even the Popsy diehards agree about the notebooks btw- they’re a crap idea)

I know one of the rules on here is don’t tell people what to post, so I’m not, and at the end of the day I don’t really care what people think of Timara. Like I said, each to their own. Timara I believe thinks along the same lines. Whilst I’m not going along the whole ‘be kind’ thing I am going to say please bear in mind that not everything is cut and dried as you think it might be.
Yawn....noone is talking about the way Tim acts, or their eccentricities. We're talking about these men claiming to be women, when all Tim appears to have done is put a dress on, like that's what defines a woman. Then for some bizarre reason lots of women rally around and tell him "she's a beautiful woman, with better legs than me hun! ❤" I rarely wear make up, my hair is back in a messy bun most days but I'm woman because of biology, not because I stuck a ridiculous dress on.

Thankfully most of us here recognise the nonsense that is many of these trans individuals. While there are genuine cases, many are not and unfortunately such a group just enables these people. As it does many actual women who should be told the truth eg your dress looks like crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
what do you expect her to do? do you think less of biological woman who don't make an effort in their appearances?!

honestly i think the constant slagging off of timara is awful. no she doesn't look particularly feminine. and maybe that's why people fawn over her - because they want to boost her self esteem. and that's nice! it is absolutely awful being trans right now (as the vast majority of people in this thread are demonstrating why).

it's not like timara is that weird fetish guy who posts photos of his legs, she's just trying to live her life.
But he's trying to live hs life by encroaching on rights that women have fought and fought and fought for. And he expects to just be handed them, and for women t sit back and be kind. Fuck that.

And the reason it's 'hard' for trans identified men right now is because they genuinely believe that their right to not feel sad trumps a womans right to safety. Because despite their dresses and their feelings trans women are men. And men as a group are the biggest threat to women and children there is.

You only have to look at the way they react to women not just sitting back and shutting up to see just how deep their feelings of entitlement run. And that's because they're men.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

blahblahboring

VIP Member
So, let me get this straight. A man frequently posts photos of himself in a dress. Cue: lots of insincere fawning and compliments. Mother posts photos of male child in prom dress. Also, an abundance of praise about how he looks better than real women. One woman posts a photo of herself wearing a dress. She is holding a book. A NOVEL. She makes no statement about her beliefs that men can’t become women (biological fact BTW). People start expressing their mistaken views that trans women are women and disappointment at her post. Post is subsequently removed, whether by the poster or the admins, I’m not sure. Judging by the comments both here and on her post, while it allowed comments, was that there ARE GC members of that group. Seemingly, they manage to scroll past the photos of men in dresses without posting the angry emoji or commenting. I don’t understand why that same courtesy couldn’t be extended to the female poster.

The irony of the book in the photo being about gender ideology gone mad.

Ugh indeed.

It wasn't just a 'book launch' though was it, it was specifically a book about her legal case. I don't see it as innocuous, but apparently this has become an extension of the gender thread. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I really want to post some random weird prom pictures from Google just to see what I could get away with!
NPR: so proud of my daughter who has every single ailment under the sun and was SEVERELY bullied from the minute she stepped into nursery. Also her leg fell off and her goldfish died just before her exams. She really wanted to wear a top and trousers to prom but I convinced her to wear this dress instead.

IMG_5037.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
It wasn't just a 'book launch' though was it, it was specifically a book about her legal case. I don't see it as innocuous, but apparently this has become an extension of the gender thread. Ugh.
Her legal case, that she WON. Because men cannot magically turn into women by putting on a dress and wishing really hard. It is not biologically possible. It doesn't happen. A woman lost her job for stating actual scientific facts and you are OK with that because it made some men feel sad.

Really?

• Heart

Mum3boys

VIP Member
Respectfully I think you should tap out of the thread as that essay you wrote appears to imply it’s affecting you rather negatively. I merely stated hairy legs, and at no point mocked anyones disability , you made all that up yourself . Really that frocks and friends group is the perfect place for you, everyone there is permanently offended as well

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Last time there was a big announcement I assumed it would be bras to go with the underpops.

You can see the posts now “Just thrilled with the Popsbra! I’m normally a 42E but they only had a 28A in the print I like. Luckily it’s so stretchy it only took three firemen to cut me out of it. Here’s a photo of me in my underwear next to my mortified teenage son. Thank you so much for letting me spend £29.99 Cherish! Xxxxx”

• Haha
  • Heart

AmeliaPevensie

No, hun. This is just what people actually think in the real world about men who pretend to be women. And the disguting reaction when actual women dare to speak up.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Tui

VIP Member
They’re not…!

Okay. I think I’ve mentioned before I’m friends with Timara and I kicked off a bit of a row in the last thread. I will not deny that Timara is a wee bit eccentric. However- Timara also has autism, ADHD and Tourette’s and some of the behaviours on display are down to that. I think I’ve mentioned before take the Mickey out of Popsy all you like (don’t bother me- I would be inclined to agree) but it’s not cool to slate someone’s actions that they cannot help because of a disability. Having spent time in Timara’s company (and as an ex mental health nurse I’ve seen all kinds in my time) the neurodiversity issues are extremely crystal clear. Looking at some posts of Timara’s as well now I can see how that comes across as well.

Timara is aware that people take the piss, I think a lot of trans people do as my other trans friend is the same. But my other trans friend is an ex squaddie with arms like brick outhouses and just fights anyone who pisses them off 😂Timara also says that the reason for some of the things you see is because of medical issues at play, Timara also struggles with ME, as do I, and I know on bad days I’m physically unable to make any kind of effort. Granted, in Timara’s case there’s a certain kind of look at play, but all I’m saying is if one day (I’ve seen posts referring to this) she might be perceived as making no effort or something, that could be why.

Timara is very Marmite- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are times as a friend I think Jeez where is the off switch with this one!! I can see why people would laugh or point the finger.

However….

ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order. Granted- no-one knows this as I don’t believe it’s been mentioned it on the group although Timara is pretty open about it, but please bear this in mind. Also, I know people are going to say I have/I know people who have this that and the other and don’t behave like that etc… but that’s the whole point with neurodivergence- one size doesn’t fit all. I’m neurodivergent myself but in a totally different way. I know I’m weird 😂it’s no insult to be told that.

If Timara was just an oddball I would say okay, Timara is a weird oddball. While it’s never nice to have a bunch of people slagging you off, you could probably do something about it. But when there’s neurodivergence issues at play, it’s a bit different. I’m not defending Timara because of being a friend, I’m defending Timara because I know what it’s like to have people rip it out of you because you’ve got a disability (I have alopecia and I have no hair and the amount of times I’ve been in tears because of horrid comments) I will not lie, there has been times that Timara has posted a pic and I’ve thought ohhh okay, maybe not. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. But some of the comments on here are a bit unfair and below the belt.

I’ve commented before when someone was laughing at someone being overwhelmed or something and when I pointed out said poster had a mental health condition that caused her to feel that way, the person apologised so I know that there are reasonable people on this thread. I am not in the Popsy group anymore so I don’t know (and frankly don’t really care) what’s being said on there. I think the whole thing is frankly ridiculous! (And even the Popsy diehards agree about the notebooks btw- they’re a crap idea)

I know one of the rules on here is don’t tell people what to post, so I’m not, and at the end of the day I don’t really care what people think of Timara. Like I said, each to their own. Timara I believe thinks along the same lines. Whilst I’m not going along the whole ‘be kind’ thing I am going to say please bear in mind that not everything is cut and dried as you think it might be.
“ripping it out of someone because they have a disability which causes them to behave in a certain manner is a bit out of order”

I’m sorry but I simply do not accept this. Nothing we have said about Timara has ever even come close to this. I personally take issue with men cosplaying as women and then biological women fawning all over them. Same as if the dude who likes to wank off to women in tights was autistic, I still will call it out. I think you need to reconsider what has actually been said about Timara, it is purely about appearances and actually not about behaviour at all??? I’m puzzled as to what behaviour you refer to. Unless the behaviour is wearing walking boots with a cheap polyester dress, which last time I checked wasn’t a diagnostic criterion for ASD
---
I didn't know Tim was actually trans. It doesn't wash with me that a transwoman has to be feminine - that's essentially saying a woman has to wear makeup and get her hair done to be a woman, and it's not the 1950s. Though I am still creeped out by them talking about the underpops - there is no way they are getting thigh chafage so why wear them? Is it to belong to the weird cult of frumpery?

I will say, Timara is an incredibly talented organist. But they do look 100% shite in their outfits.
You didn’t know Timara was trans? Do you have eyes? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
FWIW I think there’s a lot of autism/ADHD/similar in that group. And I say that as someone who has ADHD myself. It’s not a negative. Just an observation.

I think Timara should live life however they see fit. I think the fact that people ignore others in the group to fawn over Timara is interesting. I think some people go a little bit too far in the “IM SO ACCEPTING” stakes and rather than saying “you look great” say things like “OMG QWEEEN YOU LOOOK BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS AMAZING!” Which I know I would take as a little bit patronising but Timara comes back for more, so clearly it sits ok with her. Hell, I hope it makes her feel good about herself. It’s the fawning that gives me the ick, not Timara.

I still think “a man, duh!” Is funny though.
It’s important to remember it’s a fetish, and invariably they get off with a) involving innocent women in their fetish and b) getting tons of validation from women telling them they look amaaaaazing.

And I don’t see why being autistic makes him immune from criticism or ridicule, and I’m autistic.

• Heart

AmeliaPevensie

Gender is a load of made up shite, currently being used to oppress women. As has been very, very effectively demonstrated by the furore caused by Maya's literal existence. Timothy's literal existence seems just fine...

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Helmac79

Chatty Member
All I've been thinking about this week are the poor prom-goers who've had their personal details plastered all over that bloody group. Anxiety, hair loss, self harm, bullying, ND difficulties shared with thousands in the name of a little bit of attention... Not on!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Tui

VIP Member
I’m starting to think cherish is a secret tattler. She has made a dedicated prom post to stop the spam 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
It doesn't wash with me that a transwoman has to be feminine - that's essentially saying a woman has to wear makeup and get her hair done to be a woman, and it's not the 1950s.
Oh of course not. But the reality of the situation is that when a woman throws on a dress, some comfy shoes and scrapes her hair back in a ponytail there's no way she has hundreds of people lining up to tell her she looks amazing and people are jealous of her effortless beauty.

Timara is doing it for attention - which just highlights to me how much of a woman he isn't. It's very male behaviour.

Tui

VIP Member
The prom pics need to be stopped. Everyone desperate to outbid each other with their varying shades of mentally ill teenagers

• Haha

Mermer89

They’re not…!

However….

Absolutely no one has said anything about any disability- the first person to mention that is you.

The point we are making is that the people that idolise Timara for being an amazing woman when all they’ve done is put a dress on. He is therefore a man in a dress. Wearing dresses does not define someone’s sex.

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
On Tim's post somebody has just said they look so much better after their little break. What, two fucking days off a Facebook group?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22