Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
I knew someone years ago called Timandra (birth name). I always assumed it was a portmanteau of her parent's names, like Tim and Sandra. Turns out it's from Greek mythology 😂
Another one for Timara's list!
We should stop really these will end up as bloody Popsy dresses.

Introducing Timantha... a fetching polyester blend of baby pink and blue with a flouncy hem.

Let's talk tights.
Cherish recommends tucking your bollocks between your legs before you put them on.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
The Popsy group summarised today:

Girl with ADHD who went to prom
Girl with autism who went to prom
Boy in a tractor going to prom
Girl who had an unspecified ‘rough time of it’ going to prom
Timanda and the handmaidens
Someone’s shit new kitchen
Girl with autism and ADD going to prom

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230701_093755_Facebook.jpg

What a narcy twat. So she has completely disrespected her friend's wishes and gone as Su Pollard to something that isn't even about her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Mugglewump

VIP Member
Fully expecting to be booted out of the group now for being welcoming to Maya 😂
Same!
There's plenty of support for her, most people believe in biology, even if they don't say it publicly.
I do because I'm past caring and I think it's a really harmful ideology.

I mean I own a few popsy dresses so of course can’t include myself in this (haven’t bought one since last Xmas and the ones I do have are pretty tame) but the die hard fans seem to fit the following profile -

Be neurodivergent
Have mad coloured or styled hair
Have a neurodivergent child (preferably in year 11 so can take prom picture)
Have a relationship with their husband where they aren’t allowed to spend their own money on what they want
Be a total oversharer with no comprehension that the internet is still real life
Unnormal ratios regarding facial features
Be a handmaiden wanting to please the men in their rainbow dresses and fawn over them

• Haha

Cheesycloth

I’ve been reading this and the old thread for a few weeks now.

I wear a Popsy nearly everyday (mostly the science and maths based ones). I hope I don’t look a state like you all say, but I don’t care anyway.

However, I’m getting increasingly frustrated and disillusioned by the brand. I haven’t bought a new Popsy dress since July 2022.

The purposely holding onto stock to generate panic (eg the wedges). The noon drops which are sold out by 11.55. The focus on other things rather than well made (ie that don’t bobble) dresses like bags, shoes, stupid leggings. Cardigans. General PopTattery.

I feel they’re not listening to their customer base. They’re listening to the shrieky people who think everything is PopTastic. I fear we are watching the brand collapse.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
Two thoughts today:

The leggings have started arriving. Look at the photos people are posting. Every one I've seen so far is saggy at the knees. Fresh out of the packet, not worn or washed. 😱 They're going to look so shit after a day's wear or a few washes.

Secondly, what is with people posting prom photos of their kids on a group with 45k people in it? Who cares? I can't help but notice they're clearly all the weird kids too, wonder if it's just to get validation or encouragement about how amazingly unique their son in a dress is, or his choice of a bright purple suit? Much the way their crazy mums post photos of themselves in illfitting toddler clothes? 😉

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Just watch, Maya’s next court case will be versus Popsy, for discriminating against her for her GC views which she didn’t even air. Cherish will need a Popsolicitor.

• Haha

Tender & Tired

Chatty Member
“I’m having problems with my husband since he hurt his knee, should I discuss it with him, my friends or anybody else I know in real life? Nah I will ask 47k strangers who happen to wear the same dresses as me!!”

good plan!!! 👍🏻

• Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I have noticed that some trans women do have amazing legs. My legs are short, stumpy, don’t really work properly and are covered in scars and tattoos so yes I’m going to stick my neck out and say some of them do have better legs than me 😂but that’s not difficult…
It always makes me laugh that trans women get praised for their amazing legs. It’s because they’re men 😅

Compared with women, men have a lower percentage of body fat, and different patterns of fat distribution. They also, generally, have longer legs. So lots of trans women are going to have long, slim legs that women gush over. But it’s just another marker of them being male.

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
Yeah having disabilities doesn't mean you can larp as a woman (badly) and not get called out.
If anything Tim is one of the more eloquent posters in there. Still not a beautiful woman though, just a bloke in a sweaty dress.
Noone has mocked him for anything but that.

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
I have pointed out above that me styling my hair or wearing makeup doesn't make me a woman, it's my biology that does. Timara is a man who decided that wearing a dress makes them a woman.

Let's be honest, and most of us on here believe this despite the loud voices these days, that a woman is someone who is born a woman.

As for what Tim and others do, it feels to me like cosplay. They're playing at being a woman.

• Heart

Bob93

Chatty Member
Another Mum Of The Year contender 🚨

Posting photos of her daughter in prom dress with backstory about her anxiety, autism, and suicidal thoughts.

Such a beautiful girl, sounds like she’s been through a hell of a lot and I hope she feels much better soon - Although of course, I shouldn’t know anything about her because I’m one of 47000 strangers on a fucking Facebook group about dresses

47,000 PEOPLE!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
It’s amazing that a clothing brand has people lining up to post “I wore this brand to be embarrassing and annoying!” First the story with the estate agent and now this.

Sports day woman looks a complete state. I feel like there’s one of those mums in every school. They’re sneery and think they’re not like the other mums but they’re complete cookie cutter clones themselves. Self-diagnosed ADHD, Lucy & Yak clothes, pet rats, freelance creative job, gets drunk and talks about their vag at PTA meetings. Snore.

• Haha

AmeliaPevensie

My favourite thing about this thread is my own hypocrisy. I honestly sit here reading it, chuckling, reacting, so pleased people think what/how I think. However, the vast majority of the time like now I am, in fact, wearing a Popsy dress whilst doing so. 😂

In my defence, I am very fussy about which ones I buy. No toddler prints, I mostly get florals. I know which colours work for me and which ones really don't, and I only buy one specific shape that I know is vaguely flattering on me. If the print I like isn't the right shape, I aint buying it!

That said, I am purchasing today. I've been after a nightie for ages (only have pyjamas at the moment and they're too hot in summer) and the one they're bringing out has pockets and a book print. I love books. No fucker will ever see me in said nightie, obvs, (except the husband who couldn't give a shit what I wear... or buy for that matter) so I don't care if it's a bit naff. I can put my kindle and snacks in it. Win.

• Haha
  • Wow