Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's one I discovered recently called fatbabe4ever , really stunning girl - looking at her page though I do get the feeling her partner is a feeder. He's stick thin and always preparing massive platters of food for them.

I have noticed generally with the plus-size influencers that anyone who calls them out on the health side of things gets accused of being fatphobic.

Just had a look, I know that guy from online and can confirm he’s very into fat girls.

Reactions: 1
Just had a look, I know that guy from online and can confirm he’s very into fat girls.
I think he’s creepy. She always makes a huge effort in her appearance in her pics and he’s always in the same scruffy T-shirt and baseball cap even when they go to upmarket restaurants. And those ginormous charcuterie boards he makes her - that’s not love, that’s abuse.

Reactions: 8
Stephanie yeboah is a plus sized influencer who gets a bee in her bonnet about absolutely EVERYTHING and calls anyone out who disagrees with her. Unfollowed her recently
Omg she comes across as very immature! Cant let anyone else have an opinion! She has a book coming out about being fat...sounds riveting!

Reactions: 3
I follow one or two...I like Victoria Welby who is very opinionated and not everyone’s cup of tea. However she certainly makes good points and provides thinking stuff for me.

Bodiposipanda I absolutely adore and I’d kill for her figure.

As a 54 yr old who has been overweight all my life I so wish some of these influencers had been about when I was younger and thought I was fat. I wasn’t....but 30 odd years of dieting have left me yoyo ing and I fully believe now that your body adjusts to and accepts higher weight. It doesn’t like you dieting and drives you back to high fat/high carb foods. I am now four stones heavier than I was when I thought I was fat 30 years ago.

That said I have back issues....these are not to do with weight but rather issues due to previous injuries. I was a nurse for 30 years and my back hasn’t forgiven me.
I am therefore embarking on another “diet” to just remove some extra pressure on my back. Research out there seems mixed on whether this might or might not help back pain.

I don’t like the total hatred for anyone who chooses to lose weight....that’s extreme. By all means educate people about diets...that 95% of people will regain the weight they lose. Don’t hate them for wanting to lose weight though. It can go too far.

Reactions: 4
I started following one after another account I follow about crappy men online behaviour featured her. She was 'pigged' by someone she met online and I read her frankly, brutal account of what happened. She's also a black lady so I found her perspective and take on things interesting. However, it didn't take long for me to really, really go off of her. She swings between hyper confidence 'this is me and I will change for nobody!!!' complete with millions of cringey photos and selfies to whining 'no one thinks I'm beautiful and I can't get a man'. She also swings between 'stop fetishising my bod and appreciate me for me!!!!' and 'stop labelling me as asexual just because I am fat!!'. Also, the whole influencer culture gets boring so fast. She clearly spends her entire life taking selfies, begging for stuff, promoting stuff she clearly doesn't give a crap about etc.

I am all for people loving their bodies, I admire people that do but I don't think being an influencer on Instagram is the way to do it tbh. It just comes across as trying to monetize your body and I'm not a fan of slim women who do it either.
LOL, this pretty much sums up her content tbh.

I like the plus size influencers who are trying to promote love your body no matter the size as that’s something we should all do and I find them more relatable as I am plus size. However it gets on my nerves when some such as Jessontheplussize lies about her size. She’s apparently been a size 24 for a very long time which is bollocks - her older pics she said she was that size and she’s so much bigger now. She always “sizes up” in clothes, no love that’s just what size you are.

Reactions: 7
Sorry, this is not empowering, beauty at any size or any of the other current woke platitudes.
It's really unattractive, and stupidly unhealthy.
We all pay into the NHS, and people like this eventually hijack the system for others in genuine non self inflicted need.
No one would applaud 'Chain smoking influencers' or 'Bulimic influencers'.... It's the same.
To use this bizarre platform to obtain freebies, and the companies to flog their merchandise, isView attachment 148112 frankly immoral imo.
You need to read much more about obesity. I recommend Secrets from the Diet Lab by Sandra Ahmodt.

Frankly if this woman isn’t smoking, if she’s exercising and isn’t drinking then her health risks are not much greater than anyone else. The research is out there to prove this now.

Of course she could be 8 stone, smoke and drink and cost the NHS in other ways but society would judge her less as she is thin. God forbid overweight women might want less judgement,

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think he’s creepy. She always makes a huge effort in her appearance in her pics and he’s always in the same scruffy T-shirt and baseball cap even when they go to upmarket restaurants. And those ginormous charcuterie boards he makes her - that’s not love, that’s abuse.
I'm so glad someone else finds him creepy. She's a beautiful girl but I think he's a feeder and I just get such a weird vibe off him.

Reactions: 5
I find BodiPosiPanda creepy ever since I learnt about how fat people jiggle for fetish reasons.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
No, there's an actual fetish for watching fat women jiggle their fat so I can't look at her account now without thinking that there's also a ton of creepy men watching her and enjoying it
I give some there dues not every plus size account adhere to the fetishisation and feeders on there.

Oh yeah she always whining about something she got some book about being fat coming out so she got up her profile.

she not the only one though Sofie Hagan another who is always moaning.
I’m quite disappointed there isn’t a thread on sofie hagan. She’s being a complete idiot today. The fact that she is desperate to be somehow ‘other’ has her calling everyone trans and fatphobic left, right and centre. Even trans and fat people, which is hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

Reactions: 6
No, there's an actual fetish for watching fat women jiggle their fat so I can't look at her account now without thinking that there's also a ton of creepy men watching her and enjoying it
That’s on them not her?

I’m quite disappointed there isn’t a thread on sofie hagan. She’s being a complete idiot today. The fact that she is desperate to be somehow ‘other’ has her calling everyone trans and fatphobic left, right and centre. Even trans and fat people, which is hilarious and infuriating at the same time.
I was very confused by all that when I read it. I hadn’t realised she was non binary. Generally I like her a lot, she’s very smart but I got a little lost with the latest.

Omg she comes across as very immature! Cant let anyone else have an opinion! She has a book coming out about being fat...sounds riveting!
Lord she is annoying!!!

A few years ago she got herself a boyfriend. I remember her talking about it on twitter. She had two potential dates on the go, one guy she liked, the other she said had a big nose and wasn't her type (which is rich considering she thinks if a man doesn't like her, it's because she is fat..a preference he may have). The guy she wanted didn't give her the time of day so she went with the nose boy. That guy became her boyfriend. Even though she was in love and was always "happy" she never ever stopped whining on Twitter about anything and everything. She was so negative and eventually they broke up. He left her I believe as he found someone else, not surprising as she was so negative.

She still says now that she is not over it. BORING. It was years ago, get over it. She has been very vocal about what she wants in men: basically white men but if a man dares say he does not want a girl who is large then he's being ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
Oh glad someone has mentioned Sofie Hagen. I have such a complicated relationship with her! I love her podcasts and think she seems like a really kind funny person but her insta presence is annoying, the whole non binary/trans stuff and also trying to completely deny that there are any health downsides to being fat and ALSO that diets are the devil. Not just diets but any form of watching what you eat. Her views are pretty binary for a non binary person 😂

Stephanie Yeboah calling herself an author yet filling half her book with pages that have big ass quotes. Make it make sense

• Haha
Stephanie Yeboah calling herself an author yet filling half her book with pages that have big ass quotes. Make it make sense
Not surprising, anyone who reads her twitter can tell she hardly Zadie Smith.

Theses publishing companies will give anyone a deal if they thought they can make some money.

Don’t waste your 🤑

Reactions: 2
She's really irritated me lately with all this book stuff and people blowing smoke up her arse. I will admit I do 'hate' follow her but never interact. It's like watching a car crash that I can't look away from. The contradictions will give you a bloody migraine. I would be super interested to know if this book sells anything beyond her small following. She was comparing herself to Beyonce in her blog (vommmmmm) and said that having 170,000 followers was so overwhelming because she doesn't like being the centre of attention (!!!!!!!!!!????????). I watched one of her lives for five minutes and she never had more than 80 followers watching so I am super suspicious. Whilst she re-posts every single person that buys the book, I can't imagine she will have much reach. For a start, her writing is pretty atrocious and is mostly whining.

And in one of her latest stories she actually said she needs to have a getaway in a hotel because she works so hard she doesn't want to clean up after herself or cook. She usually begs hotels for freebies on twitter. Honestly, I actually started following her because I thought she had something to say, breaking my 'no influencers' insta rule - what a mistake.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.