Plus Size Influencers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do like the body positive stuff and the Health At Every size stuff for encouraging people like me to exercise and enjoy it rather than wait until we are thin (unlikely to happen).

I'm fully on board with the research which shows that diets don't work long term...if they did then everyone who had ever lost weight would have kept it off. In fact we know from research that 95% regain it within five years...the only variable is in how fast they egain that weight.

So promoting exercise for those of us who are bigger is fabulous ... I'm a runner and love it.

The body positive/plus size influencers who concern me are those who use their platform to say "I'm fat and I don't exercise or do anything else and you don't need to either".

Fact is if you want change you have to make changes. I have long ago left dieting behind. Not only do I regain the weight but I am in the percentage of regainers who gain more than the original weight. So I started 35 yes ago at 10stone and am now around 15 stones.

I run, my blood pressure is normal, and although I was prediabetic my long term blood sugar control is now back to normal. All through exercise.

Reactions: 9
Steph’s on Lorraine tomorrow at around 9am - will be interesting to see if it’s just more book promo or a general conversation about her.

noticed that she’s still begging for that ASOS collab years later 😂 they’ve worked with many influencers with less reach before and she’s always wearing their stuff, I wonder why they haven’t worked with her yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s coming soon though 👀🧥

Reactions: 3
Steph’s on Lorraine tomorrow at around 9am - will be interesting to see if it’s just more book promo or a general conversation about her.

noticed that she’s still begging for that ASOS collab years later 😂 they’ve worked with many influencers with less reach before and she’s always wearing their stuff, I wonder why they haven’t worked with her yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s coming soon though 👀🧥
They probably just don’t like her. I’ve seen many plus size collabs with ASOS, they’re definitely picky with who they work with.

I think she’d be all “ugh finally.” and “it’s about time.” and “they finally pulled through!” about it though, she wouldn’t be grateful or excited at all really. I don’t get it though. Why does she want free clothes off them so bad? It’s definitely not about representation, as I said, I’ve seen a lot of plus girls collabing with them.

greedy girl

Reactions: 2
Steph, sending your followers after a 67 year old lady voicing valid concerns isn’t a good look 🥴

Reactions: 1
Grazia contributing editor? Congratulations!

here she discusses that former relationship and how they lived together - clearly she can’t keep up with her own stories at this point:

https://thecurvyfashionista.com/stephanie-yeboah-fattily-ever-after/

100% agreed with everyone - it’s not her looks or style at all, her personality and attitude would be offputting to me. Also waiting 2 or 3 years to get on that Raya app?! Madness.
Respectfully, I doubt she’s being recognised off dating apps as some big time celeb influencer. I mean, most men are not reading up the likes of women’s fashion, or plus size women’s fashion to start with.

I guess it’s easier to always say x, y and z is because you are not ‘attractive’ rather than confronting some issues within yourself.

Reactions: 2
All she’s doing is responding to criticism on her Lorraine appearance. So boring. What did she expect? She’s humongous and talking about accepting your fatness. Of course she was going to get criticism.

They probably just don’t like her. I’ve seen many plus size collabs with ASOS, they’re definitely picky with who they work with.

I think she’d be all “ugh finally.” and “it’s about time.” and “they finally pulled through!” about it though, she wouldn’t be grateful or excited at all really. I don’t get it though. Why does she want free clothes off them so bad? It’s definitely not about representation, as I said, I’ve seen a lot of plus girls collabing with them.

greedy girl
omg yes! A few days ago on her stories she was saying that she was ‘shameless’ and going to continue asking or shall we say, harassing ASOS for that collab!

not sure if anyone remembers this but a few months ago, she got into it with someone from PLT as she asked her followers to tag them in her content so she could model for them. This was because she kept emailing them to collab and they weren’t interested. The entitlement is real - I wish I had screenshot (the woman deleted all her replies very quickly!). Now, she no longer tags them and refuses to share details about any old purchases.

This has been going on for a while:

she loves to quote ‘hate’ tweets to encourage pile ons - her cult are always immediately ready to assemble 😴

Reactions: 3
I remember that happening! Haha, nobody is obligated to collab with her just because she asked, why is she even so bothered? She’s not short of cash and can clearly afford to buy these clothes. She’s such a beg.

Grazia contributing editor? Congratulations!

here she discusses that former relationship and how they lived together - clearly she can’t keep up with her own stories at this point:

https://thecurvyfashionista.com/stephanie-yeboah-fattily-ever-after/

100% agreed with everyone - it’s not her looks or style at all, her personality .
Has to be a diversity hire - her writing is very, very bad. Her blog is just woeful. I feel depressed reading it. I also don't like the way Lizzo is held up by the body pos people. Lizzo is a very talented woman. She would be successful regardless of her body shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not sure if she's reading here but she actually posted something today regarding her apparently amazing personality...... She says she realised she was being judged because of her looks when she went speed dating and was voted 'best personality' or something and she still couldn't get a date. Not sure if I believe it tbh. She has also said in the past that she has matched with people on dating apps and they have unmatched as soon as she's shared her social media. What does that tell you???

Reactions: 4
don’t think she realises cares how she comes across on social media. That post she shared the other day about having no/few friends seemed a bit tacky considering they had just thrown her a congratulatory book launch dinner!

Even some of her interactions with followers are blunt or outright rude, especially as someone who chooses to make a living this way.

she has been talking about needing a break/holiday for ages now and has asked for recommendations so many times! Clearly trying her luck to get a nice gifted trip 🥱

Also wonder what else she’s gonna talk about in her grazia column and once the hype of her book dies down?It seems like every article she’s had out recently is the same old recycled content. We get it, you’re a fat black woman. What else?! And I say this as another fat black woman 🤷🏾‍♀️

don’t think she realises cares how she comes across on social media. That post she shared the other day about having no/few friends seemed a bit tacky considering they had just thrown her a congratulatory book launch dinner!

Even some of her interactions with followers are blunt or outright rude, especially as someone who chooses to make a living this way.

she has been talking about needing a break/holiday for ages now and has asked for recommendations so many times! Clearly trying her luck to get a nice gifted trip 🥱

Also wonder what else she’s gonna talk about in her grazia column and once the hype of her book dies down?It seems like every article she’s had out recently is the same old recycled content. We get it, you’re a fat black woman. What else?! And I say this as another fat black woman 🤷🏾‍♀️
OMG yes!!! From what it looks like, her only friends are from the plus size community and there doesn't seem to be much diversity there (the irony!!) but I guess when you're a one trick pony, your vibe attracts your tribe.

And she is absolutely on the beg for a free holiday right now - it's nausea inducing. The same woman who shouts about 'dO NoT wOrK fOr FrEe' has been known to go on twitter asking for hotels to give her free rooms in exchange for........ I don't know what exactly but I'm sure she calls it 'exposure'.

I'm just waiting for the Grazia column to turn into a constant woe is me, I can't get a man diatribe. She is exactly the sort of woman whose entire being is defined by having a man, she has pretty much admitted to it. The fact that she hooks up with men who sleeps with black women because they come from a slave owning family tells you how much she absolutely hates herself. Like she doesn't want to be fetishised but she's down if it's a posh white guy. Aaaaargh - she just totally boils my piss!!

Oh for sure, there is definitely a complete lack of self-awareness.

I'm pretty sure at one point she had fallen out with a lot of PS bloggers.

I think Lottie even (indirectly) wrote a whole blog post about her behaviour.

I mean, of course, now everyone is typically pally pally... or at least pretends to be.

Oh for sure, there is definitely a complete lack of self-awareness.

I'm pretty sure at one point she had fallen out with a lot of PS bloggers.

I think Lottie even (indirectly) wrote a whole blog post about her behaviour.

I mean, of course, now everyone is typically pally pally... or at least pretends to be.
Oooh - do you have a link to the blogpost???

Oooh - do you have a link to the blogpost???

There was some drama following curve fashion fest a few years back.

Last edited:

There was some drama following curve fashion fest a few years back.
Interesting. She's quite subtle here and obviously not naming names. Why do you think it's about Stephanie?

Also, she is being a massive bleeping beg about her holiday right now. She's hinted (like a thrown brick) that she wants a Soho House getaway. I pray they don't bite. She's also said she's looking for luxury and wants to go to Portugal?? Honestly, she's such a bleep.

Reactions: 4
At this rate, she could have gone away twice and come back already 😂 So obvious that she’s 🎣 for a free trip and doesn’t actually plan to leave until she gets one.

Side note: are you not allowed to post any photos of Soho House or is it in poor taste? Just because George (fullerfigurefullerbust) has jokingly commented on the illegality of the photos

• Haha
At this rate, she could have gone away twice and come back already 😂 So obvious that she’s 🎣 for a free trip and doesn’t actually plan to leave until she gets one.

Side note: are you not allowed to post any photos of Soho House or is it in poor taste? Just because George (fullerfigurefullerbust) has jokingly commented on the illegality of the photos
My old boss was a member and I believe they are very strict about photographs. Obviously they have a high profile clientele who don't want to be photographed when trying to relax.

It's hilarious how she keeps asking for recommendations etc and is still taking horrible photos of herself in her flat. I can't believe no one is #gifting this best selling author!!!!

ETA -I doubt Soho House are going to offer her anything based on the fact she's using them for advertising and you're not meant to take photos!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.