Plus size blogger fall outs...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wtf...who wears that to a wedding!????. And sorry her tits look awful! She prob loved the attention..good or bad.

Reactions: 4
I follow Danielle V because I like her style a lot - a lot of fat fashion is so trussed up and fussy and floral and EUGH. I am, in their terminology, small fat - I want classic lines, urban options etc and she nails that. I think the moaning on and on thing is maybe a counterpoint to the fact that despite living insta lives their audiences need to know that insta lives are not real. Like perpetuating the bullshit but acknowledging the bullshit? So she's keeping it real by talking about all her woe. The family is so wealthy I love it when she goes home and I can sticky beak at their house and pool.

Georgina was the first one I came across when I was desperate for underwear (I am v booby) but I've never liked the pin up thing so her looks don't really appeal or inspire me. But I like her attitude to exercising (I however don't do any) - you know, larger bodies have a right to exercise spaces too etc? Good on her. She's extremely highly strung though right? Admits to it at least. There was def some fall out between her and Bethany Rutter - was Arched Eyebrow. I think because Georgina includes exercise in her brand and occasionally expresses dismay at her physique she got booted from body positivity world because proper Bod Pos is pretty hardcore, it's political, Radical Fat I think it's called now. Not allowed to mention trying to change your bod. Anyway I don't think Georgina has anything to do with any of the BoPo world that were all at her wedding. Fascinating.

Callie is on perma holiday, non? I scroll right passed all the holidays. It's too much. I get it that fat girls get to go on showy holidays too but ... nope.

Reactions: 2
I follow Danielle V because I like her style a lot - a lot of fat fashion is so trussed up and fussy and floral and EUGH. I am, in their terminology, small fat - I want classic lines, urban options etc and she nails that. I think the moaning on and on thing is maybe a counterpoint to the fact that despite living insta lives their audiences need to know that insta lives are not real. Like perpetuating the bullshit but acknowledging the bullshit? So she's keeping it real by talking about all her woe. The family is so wealthy I love it when she goes home and I can sticky beak at their house and pool.

Georgina was the first one I came across when I was desperate for underwear (I am v booby) but I've never liked the pin up thing so her looks don't really appeal or inspire me. But I like her attitude to exercising (I however don't do any) - you know, larger bodies have a right to exercise spaces too etc? Good on her. She's extremely highly strung though right? Admits to it at least. There was def some fall out between her and Bethany Rutter - was Arched Eyebrow. I think because Georgina includes exercise in her brand and occasionally expresses dismay at her physique she got booted from body positivity world because proper Bod Pos is pretty hardcore, it's political, Radical Fat I think it's called now. Not allowed to mention trying to change your bod. Anyway I don't think Georgina has anything to do with any of the BoPo world that were all at her wedding. Fascinating.

Callie is on perma holiday, non? I scroll right passed all the holidays. It's too much. I get it that fat girls get to go on showy holidays too but ... nope.
Bethany exercises a lot too? I think Georgina seems like quite a tricky person to get along with? Could be wrong of course but I feel like she’d run a lot of folk up the wrong way.

I used to love Danie and Callie, but they just don’t feel relatable at all any more - I just switch off. Anyone who begs for engagement on #ads loses my vote straight away, it’s so cringe and beggy. If only we could all get that kind of encouragement in our work places. I also object to how “hard they work” - I’m sorry, let’s get some perspective. Nurses work hard, builders work hard, neurosurgeons work hard, supermarket staff work hard. What they do might FEEL hard, but that’s because they live in such a bubble. They’ve just all lost their charm for me

• Heart
I have to admit to not paying so much attention to Bethany so I may have missed the exercise thing - I find her pretty abrasive. Love her style though.

Absolutely Georgina seems very highly strung, quick to take offence etc - it's half the reason I continue to follow her - Insta only - what a line to get into when you are so easily upset. Interesting.

Ugh, the plus size instagram community has been by far the least friendly I attempted to approach online in the last 20 years. They're like the Democrats in the US: they can't agree amongst themselves about anything and they lash out at any "outsider" :ROFLMAO: Until they get their own terminology and philosophy together it's just a viper's nest. I got blocked and sent really hateful DMs by a few bloggers and their fans for asking very simple questions to educate myself (and no I didn't ask anything about "health at any size" or any topic that the community considers triggering).
The only one I still follow and get inspired by is bodyposipanda. Her book was very useful to me.
Tess is a huge sellout and shady AF.

Ugh, the plus size instagram community has been by far the least friendly I attempted to approach online in the last 20 years. They're like the Democrats in the US: they can't agree amongst themselves about anything and they lash out at any "outsider" :ROFLMAO: Until they get their own terminology and philosophy together it's just a viper's nest. I got blocked and sent really hateful DMs by a few bloggers and their fans for asking very simple questions to educate myself (and no I didn't ask anything about "health at any size" or any topic that the community considers triggering).
The only one I still follow and get inspired by is bodyposipanda. Her book was very useful to me.
Tess is a huge sellout and shady AF.
What did you ask?!

What did you ask?!
First I shared my experience of crappy healthcare when carrying extra weight but I wasn’t “fat enough” to partecipate in the conversation.
Then I asked questions about the different wording used (“self love” “body positive” “body acceptance”) and I was told I couldn’t say I was body positive unless I was a certain size - obviously that’s BS because BoPo is about accepting EVERY body, not your own.
This was a while back but I got so many crappy DMs that it really turned me off the whole community. I’m not “plus sized” but I’m not a size 10 either and there’s a not a lot of acceptance for people “in between” wanting some info. I was treated like I was trying to take up space only “real fats” can be in as opposed to “small fats”.

Reactions: 3
First I shared my experience of crappy healthcare when carrying extra weight but I wasn’t “fat enough” to partecipate in the conversation.
Then I asked questions about the different wording used (“self love” “body positive” “body acceptance”) and I was told I couldn’t say I was body positive unless I was a certain size - obviously that’s BS because BoPo is about accepting EVERY body, not your own.
This was a while back but I got so many crappy DMs that it really turned me off the whole community. I’m not “plus sized” but I’m not a size 10 either and there’s a not a lot of acceptance for people “in between” wanting some info. I was treated like I was trying to take up space only “real fats” can be in as opposed to “small fats”.
It’s tricky - I think there’s so much bad feeling about slim people taking the ‘body positive’ movement away from what it was originally (actually nothing to do with aesthetics or body image/self love) - at its core it’s a movement that is fighting for equality in terms of healthcare, job opportunities, respect, equal pay etc for fat people. The common misconception is that ‘body positivity’ is just about positive self image and self love which are important but just not the same thing. Hence the negativity around Jameela Jamil in some areas of the fat community and a despair at young, white, slim & able bodied bloggers and influencers claiming the term as their own. BoPo is at its core IS only for people who are institutionally marginalised by society for their size, so yeah - only ‘real’ fats. Positive body image and self love are absolutely there for everyone regardless of size or shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah BoPo has been totally cashed in on - I get what they're cross about.

Reactions: 1
It’s tricky - I think there’s so much bad feeling about slim people taking the ‘body positive’ movement away from what it was originally (actually nothing to do with aesthetics or body image/self love) - at its core it’s a movement that is fighting for equality in terms of healthcare, job opportunities, respect, equal pay etc for fat people. The common misconception is that ‘body positivity’ is just about positive self image and self love which are important but just not the same thing. Hence the negativity around Jameela Jamil in some areas of the fat community and a despair at young, white, slim & able bodied bloggers and influencers claiming the term as their own. BoPo is at its core IS only for people who are institutionally marginalised by society for their size, so yeah - only ‘real’ fats. Positive body image and self love are absolutely there for everyone regardless of size or shape.
And that’s all absolutely fine but bashing people for asking questions and trying to educate themselves doesn’t help the cause. Also there’s a lot to be discussed about who gets to decide who is marginalised, who is fat and who is slim and I was trying to convey that different countries have different definitions and “size limits” in most stores. Anyway it’s not for this thread, apologies for going OT!

I feel like Bodyposipanda is the only one who doesn’t get involved in drama! ( I know she’s been under fire at some point for not being “big enough”)

I had to unfollow Callie this week.. the way she's rebranded herself as some kind of travel guru to get a shitload of free holidays just really doesn't sit right with me. What expertise does she have in this area? I can't take it seriously.

Like you though I do really enjoy DV's fashion and noseying at the parents house!

Reactions: 10
I unfollowed too. They're massive luxury adverts and I'm not interested. It's about clothes inspiration for me - I know how to book a holiday ta.

I had to unfollow Callie this week.. the way she's rebranded herself as some kind of travel guru to get a shitload of free holidays just really doesn't sit right with me. What expertise does she have in this area? I can't take it seriously.

Like you though I do really enjoy DV's fashion and noseying at the parents house!
Ha - i know, right.

Then creating a whole separate instagram for her and ‘Dan’ and their travels so they can blag free holidays as a couple, i assume.

DV’s parents house is a dream!

They’re just not relatable any more. I miss the old days! I love following more normal people now like What Laura Loves and Jess on the plus size. Also really like Elena Lucie.

Reactions: 5
Giving Bodyposipanda a go 👍🏻Thanks for the tip.

See, this really gets my goat. I’m all for people of ANY shape and size wearing what they want but that doesn’t excuse anybody from dressing inappropriately for an event. That isn’t appropriate wedding guest attire regardless of your size or shape.
I’d be fuming if somebody showed up at my wedding looking like that, size 6 or size 22.

Giving Bodyposipanda a go 👍🏻Thanks for the tip.
I really enjoyed her book

They’re just not relatable any more. I miss the old days! I love following more normal people now like What Laura Loves and Jess on the plus size. Also really like Elena Lucie.
I agree, I just have nothing in common with them any more, especially Callie. What Laura Loves and Jess on the plus size are two of my firm favourites, just seem like lovely down to earth people.

Elena Lucie I have followed for some time but she is increasingly not my cup of tea. Think we just have very different lives. It grated on me when she once moaned about having to get out of bed for the cleaner and it showed her to be quite privileged and not aware that many of her followers would love to have a cleaner.

I agree, I just have nothing in common with them any more, especially Callie. What Laura Loves and Jess on the plus size are two of my firm favourites, just seem like lovely down to earth people.

Elena Lucie I have followed for some time but she is increasingly not my cup of tea. Think we just have very different lives. It grated on me when she once moaned about having to get out of bed for the cleaner and it showed her to be quite privileged and not aware that many of her followers would love to have a cleaner.
Surprised they have a cleaner!

One very surprised Elena has a cleaner.
I’ve followed her for years and was heartbroken for her when her son died. How awful.

I do still like her. She can be a bit moany and I think maybe doesn’t realise how lucky she’s is that she can afford to stay at home with her daughter and her husband studying but then I’ve been a sahm and sometimes felt lonely or frustrated if my child was not being very nice!

Yeah she definitely said they have a cleaner which did surprise me given she can moan how skint they are. I wonder if she gets family help to pay for some things. Either way, I think sometimes she needs to "check her privilege" before posting/moaning.

She has been through some awful things you're right and I felt so awful for all of them, I still do.