Playstation 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I managed to get 20 this morning from Currys, tracking codes all through to be delivered tomorrow. Put them all on eBay starting at £1000. Happy Christmas to me 🤶 ho ho ho 😆

[/Joke]

I haven't actually seen any games that really sell it, looks like small leap this generation at the moment. The controller looks great though

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That's no good glad I haven't got one then.
I don’t even game that much (PS4 passed me by) but I was interested in PS5 but not on launch. But when I read that I was quite shocked. Even waaaay back when I bought a PS3, the very next day I bought more memory for it and watched a tutorial on how to take the console apart and put it in because the memory storage filled up so fast. But to learn that that isn’t even an option? What?

I don’t even game that much (PS4 passed me by) but I was interested in PS5 but not on launch. But when I read that I was quite shocked. Even waaaay back when I bought a PS3, the very next day I bought more memory for it and watched a tutorial on how to take the console apart and put it in because the memory storage filled up so fast. But to learn that that isn’t even an option? What?
Yes but is that the digital version because there are two versions.

Yes but is that the digital version because there are two versions.
Yeah there's two versions, one you can add more memory too, external memory can be added however only PS4 games will work from it. Needs to be internal memory for PS5 games.

Reactions: 1
Game have loads online for pre-order but be prepared to wait in the queue

I’ve been trying all morning and having no luck I’ve heard amazon have some on at 12pm
Game have lots online

Yeah there's two versions, one you can add more memory too, external memory can be added however only PS4 games will work from it. Needs to be internal memory for PS5 games.
I didn’t get the digital version if you buy the game download and then they happen to take it off the site your money’s wasted..better having the actual game imo

Last edited:
We got ours today,its massive honestly huge. Think its bigger and heavier then my kids at birth 🤣 takes up over half a kallax unit!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I tried to get one today. Walmart online had them at 3pm, got it in my cart. Then kept getting error messages when I tried to check out and then it said out of stock :mad: Of course it is the only thing my teenager has asked for. He is sweet and said it would be ok if we just give him a paper that says he will eventually get one. I feel like this is a marketing scheme, they have to have loads more.

I tried to get one today. Walmart online had them at 3pm, got it in my cart. Then kept getting error messages when I tried to check out and then it said out of stock :mad: Of course it is the only thing my teenager has asked for. He is sweet and said it would be ok if we just give him a paper that says he will eventually get one. I feel like this is a marketing scheme, they have to have loads more.
There usually does every other year but with the pandemic I don’t know how things will go 🤞🏻you get sorted

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Smyths are getting more in Dec.

Noticed Chris Ramsey got a PS5 #gifted......
People up and down the country trying to get it for their kids after a rubbish year and they #gift it to a celeb! ...... Any other celebs/ influencers put up posts about being gifted a PS5? 😠

Edited to add, not mad at the celebs/influencers but really Sony?!?!?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Hoping against hope that I’ll be able to find a PS5 disc version for my husband... think Game have now sold out 😢

Hoping against hope that I’ll be able to find a PS5 disc version for my husband... think Game have now sold out 😢
There's one on Amazon for over £ 1,200 and it won't even be here for Christmas ...madness anyone would pay that

No not yet but it said they are having more stock in dec.
Usually you just pay the deposit online once they open the order book but you need to keep checking when that will be

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Am shocked that there are people who will pay £1K+ for a ps5. I get that people are desperate to have one for Christmas and stuff but in a few months the hype will have died down and you won’t have any problems getting one. Disgusting that people will even try to sell them at that price in the first place too, playing on people’s desperation.

Reactions: 7
Am shocked that there are people who will pay £1K+ for a ps5. I get that people are desperate to have one for Christmas and stuff but in a few months the hype will have died down and you won’t have any problems getting one. Disgusting that people will even try to sell them at that price in the first place too, playing on people’s desperation.
There's ones on eBay for over £3000 and a saw a few people with a bulk of them to sell they must've came off the back of a lorry

• Wow
[Apparently the first machines released don’t even have SSD storage expansion. With the size of games these days how many are going to actually be kept playable before having to delete for new games? I read that Call of Duty alone takes up one fifth of the available memory and that’s just one game 🤨
They all have the ssd slot it's just not enabled right now, but will be with an update.

It's so ugly I'd hate to have one in my lounge 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3