Playstation 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve preordered from Smyths for my husbands Xmas. Quite a few places had the preorder but think most sold out. However, going by experience of the last few they have always had more to release before Xmas.

My boyfriend didn't manage to pre-order one. I'd love for another batch to be on a pre-order list but I doubt there will be now.

I looked on Smyths, Amazon and Argos.

Not preordered no but I’ll definitely be getting a ps5 at some point. I’ll be keeping an eye out for some good deals next year probably.

Reactions: 1
I've 2 preordered one in Argos one in Game but there's bound to be more stock before Christmas there always does .The headsets are £89 alone but the ps4 games can be played on them (fifa 21 anyway ) so that's not too bad .I've preordered the new COD £68 for the standard edition they're fairly bumping up the prices this year

I’ve just cancelled a preorder with Game. I think they would’ve had tons of cancellations as people panic bought elsewhere when the didn’t receive confirmation emails. I only cancelled as my Boyfriend decided he wanted the digital instead of the disk version I got 🙄

Game always have excess stock once the launch date passes they release the rest before christmas ,that's when they make the biggest killing .Just looking at the demo vids it looks really big and bulky it reminds me of a compressed stormtrooper not attractive at all.

I’m sure I read the reason it’s so bulky is because of the cooling fan, they may not have been able to use a smaller one. One thing I’m not keen on from an aesthetic point of view is that it looks like you’ll get loads of dust build up in the crevices.

Reactions: 2
My husband ordered one and they cancelled the order so he ordered another one and then they've said his original order is still valid too. So we apparently have 2 as he's worried they will cancel them.

Could be ! but I think bulky consoles put people off I prefer the slimline Ps4 compared to the original and the colour is awful too .white is hard to keep at the best times.

Reactions: 3
I've 2 preordered one in Argos one in Game but there's bound to be more stock before Christmas there always does .The headsets are £89 alone but the ps4 games can be played on them (fifa 21 anyway ) so that's not too bad .I've preordered the new COD £68 for the standard edition they're fairly bumping up the prices this year
How did you pre order from argos?

Eh,gonna wait a bit.I'm waiting for games I want to play first and they buy it.For example I really want to play the new Ratchet & Clank game but if it is being released end of 2021 this is when I'll buy the console.

One of my boys wants one for Christmas, have I missed the boat 🤦🏻‍♀️
They should get more stock in for Christmas I’d imagine. They will have essentially planned to sell out on pre orders so will have prepared more consoles for the run up to Christmas. Just keep an eye out as I’d imagine they will sell up fast.

They should get more stock in for Christmas I’d imagine. They will have essentially planned to sell out on pre orders so will have prepared more consoles for the run up to Christmas. Just keep an eye out as I’d imagine they will sell up fast.
Thanks I will do! Might have to go to Game or Smyths tomorrow see if I can pre order cheers x

We haven't pre-ordered one yet as willing to wait and see the reviews first from people who have.

We've bought every new console thats come out over the last 15 years as we're big gamers and I will say, the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch are the only ones that are standing the test of time for us. We like the Xbox but compared to the PS4, its a no brainer.

We're thinking to get the PS5 as it is then get the slimmed down version in a few years when they inevitably release that too.

Reactions: 3
I’m a huge gamer, but I never buy the first version of a console.

I worked in a video game shop for ages and I can tell you all from experience.. the first version of any console always has problems that they end up fixing in their second batch a month or so later.

Reactions: 7