Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsA99

VIP Member
Noticed Chris Ramsey got a PS5 #gifted......
People up and down the country trying to get it for their kids after a rubbish year and they #gift it to a celeb! ...... Any other celebs/ influencers put up posts about being gifted a PS5? 😠

Edited to add, not mad at the celebs/influencers but really Sony?!?!?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I’m a huge gamer, but I never buy the first version of a console.

I worked in a video game shop for ages and I can tell you all from experience.. the first version of any console always has problems that they end up fixing in their second batch a month or so later.

Reactions: 7

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Am shocked that there are people who will pay £1K+ for a ps5. I get that people are desperate to have one for Christmas and stuff but in a few months the hype will have died down and you won’t have any problems getting one. Disgusting that people will even try to sell them at that price in the first place too, playing on people’s desperation.

Reactions: 7

JLXRD

VIP Member
My husband pre ordered from Game, paid £9.99 for it to be delivered tomorrow before 12pm with DPD. Apparently GAME have lost the deal with dpd, it’s now coming with Yode and may not arrive until Friday! Game haven’t offered to refund the £9.99 though 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5

HockyRorror

VIP Member
[Apparently the first machines released don’t even have SSD storage expansion. With the size of games these days how many are going to actually be kept playable before having to delete for new games? I read that Call of Duty alone takes up one fifth of the available memory and that’s just one game 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 4

monga

VIP Member
Could be ! but I think bulky consoles put people off I prefer the slimline Ps4 compared to the original and the colour is awful too .white is hard to keep at the best times.

Reactions: 3

coconochanel

VIP Member
Ahh ok, that’s something I suppose. Seems though that these days not only is it the norm to release unfinished games that need loads of updates but now they’re at it with the consoles too!

It’s probably vicious and cruel of me but I’m going to go on YouTube and see if any Youtuber did a live unboxing of what they thought to be a 5 and unwrapped boxes of cat food instead and see their reaction 🤭
Joe Sugg got one free.

• Angry
  • Sick

idk2

VIP Member
We haven't pre-ordered one yet as willing to wait and see the reviews first from people who have.

We've bought every new console thats come out over the last 15 years as we're big gamers and I will say, the PS4 and the Nintendo Switch are the only ones that are standing the test of time for us. We like the Xbox but compared to the PS4, its a no brainer.

We're thinking to get the PS5 as it is then get the slimmed down version in a few years when they inevitably release that too.

Yel

Chatty Member
[Apparently the first machines released don’t even have SSD storage expansion. With the size of games these days how many are going to actually be kept playable before having to delete for new games? I read that Call of Duty alone takes up one fifth of the available memory and that’s just one game 🤨
They all have the ssd slot it's just not enabled right now, but will be with an update.

It's so ugly I'd hate to have one in my lounge 😆

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Hoping against hope that I’ll be able to find a PS5 disc version for my husband... think Game have now sold out 😢
There's one on Amazon for over £ 1,200 and it won't even be here for Christmas ...madness anyone would pay that

No not yet but it said they are having more stock in dec.
Usually you just pay the deposit online once they open the order book but you need to keep checking when that will be

• Wow

monga

VIP Member
Would anyone chance one of those? I know eBay have the money back guarantee but 😬
0B1B0F48-A0DD-4F8A-93E6-F6C0B6B683CD.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2

monga

VIP Member
Game have loads online for pre-order but be prepared to wait in the queue

I’ve been trying all morning and having no luck I’ve heard amazon have some on at 12pm
Game have lots online

Yeah there's two versions, one you can add more memory too, external memory can be added however only PS4 games will work from it. Needs to be internal memory for PS5 games.
I didn’t get the digital version if you buy the game download and then they happen to take it off the site your money’s wasted..better having the actual game imo

Last edited:

Sparks

Chatty Member
I tried to get one today. Walmart online had them at 3pm, got it in my cart. Then kept getting error messages when I tried to check out and then it said out of stock :mad: Of course it is the only thing my teenager has asked for. He is sweet and said it would be ok if we just give him a paper that says he will eventually get one. I feel like this is a marketing scheme, they have to have loads more.

monga

VIP Member
Am shocked that there are people who will pay £1K+ for a ps5. I get that people are desperate to have one for Christmas and stuff but in a few months the hype will have died down and you won’t have any problems getting one. Disgusting that people will even try to sell them at that price in the first place too, playing on people’s desperation.
There's ones on eBay for over £3000 and a saw a few people with a bulk of them to sell they must've came off the back of a lorry

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Ahh ok, that’s something I suppose. Seems though that these days not only is it the norm to release unfinished games that need loads of updates but now they’re at it with the consoles too!
It's the way of the world and being rushed to meet commercial deadlines. Nintendo is one of the few companies that releases games that actually mostly run even without updates. The others can take months or years to fix them.

I miss when things were simpler!