Plastic surgery? What’s everyone had done?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to have weight loss surgery, although you lose weight rapid so this would probably mean I’d need skin removal surgery and I’d definitely need a breast augmentation (which I would love anyway - being big unfortunately hasn’t blessed me with big boobs) which sounds like a dangerous rabbit hole.

Hope it's okay to ask but for those of you who have had things done - how do you justify the cost? Is there a way of knowing whether the confidence boost will be worth the initial spend? Does anyone regret it? These are genuine questions, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or rude!

I'm thinking about getting my ears pinned (well, the non-surgical version) as I've always been self-conscious about them, never wear my hair up, never got my ears pierced. I'd love to be able to do nice hairstyles and wear fancy earrings. It'd cost around £3,000 to have them done and I have the money saved up already (not specifically for this, but not for anything else) but part of me is saying that's just crazy money to spend to essentially be able to wear earrings. I think it would benefit my confidence massively but I'm scared I'll fork out for it and not really feel the difference.
I have not had surgery or any procedures like fillers etc. I barely wear make up and need to master that art before thinking of anything 😂

However, I did have excess facial hair that I got laser hair removal on. This was LIFE CHANGING. I can’t stress that enough. I never wore hair up, hid behind my hair, incredibly shy. since getting it my entire life has improved. I’ve been to uni and got a decent job with multiple promotions, I’m very confident publicly and comfortable with my partner etc.

What I’m saying is if you can afford do, you should if it’s something that bothers you. It’s not a waste and honestly, take it from me, it’s worth every penny to wear hair up and earrings.

Reactions: 12
I have not had surgery or any procedures like fillers etc. I barely wear make up and need to master that art before thinking of anything 😂

However, I did have excess facial hair that I got laser hair removal on. This was LIFE CHANGING. I can’t stress that enough. I never wore hair up, hid behind my hair, incredibly shy. since getting it my entire life has improved. I’ve been to uni and got a decent job with multiple promotions, I’m very confident publicly and comfortable with my partner etc.

What I’m saying is if you can afford do, you should if it’s something that bothers you. It’s not a waste and honestly, take it from me, it’s worth every penny to wear hair up and earrings.
Thank you so much for this, it's really helpful to hear! You're definitely right in terms of confidence - the cost of these things doesn't actually seem bad at all when you weigh up the benefits of decades of extra confidence.

That's it then, I'm going to start looking around at doctors

Reactions: 1
Ive wanted a breast uplift/reduction since I was a teen. Theyre so saggy, they genuinely make me feel disgusted. My mum had it done when she was younger too. My sister, always with the good genes, has firm & perky boobs 🙄 I had to have a breast screen when I was a teen due to a lump and I was distraught at having someone see my breasts. 🤢

also!! An eyebrow lift!

Reactions: 2
Ive wanted a breast uplift/reduction since I was a teen. Theyre so saggy, they genuinely make me feel disgusted. My mum had it done when she was younger too. My sister, always with the good genes, has firm & perky boobs 🙄 I had to have a breast screen when I was a teen due to a lump and I was distraught at having someone see my breasts. 🤢

also!! An eyebrow lift!
I know exactly how you feel... My mum has tiny perky boobs and she's in her late fifties! Prior to my reduction mine looked like watermelons in a plastic bag, they were so heavy and pendulous. Worst thing is when you have a bra on you'll get everyone saying, oh you're so lucky having bigger boobs mine are so small you should be grateful! Yeah okay 🙄

Best thing I ever did having those bad boys chopped off... I had 2kg removed as well so quickest weight loss ever 😂

Reactions: 4
I know exactly how you feel... My mum has tiny perky boobs and she's in her late fifties! Prior to my reduction mine looked like watermelons in a plastic bag, they were so heavy and pendulous. Worst thing is when you have a bra on you'll get everyone saying, oh you're so lucky having bigger boobs mine are so small you should be grateful! Yeah okay 🙄

Best thing I ever did having those bad boys chopped off... I had 2kg removed as well so quickest weight loss ever 😂
Mine are pendulous too; always have been as long as I can remember. Weight gain & 2 babies hasnt helped 😩 Im only early 30s and feel like I have old lady boobs. I absolutely hate them. Genuinely disgust me. Id much rather them a couple sizes smaller (im a 38HH) & higher!

I haven’t had anything (well I’ve had Invisalign and whitening but wouldn’t count it as plastic surgery).
I’m tempted by Botox and I also would love a small amount of filler in my lip because the top lip is so thin! I’m so worried that it will look awful on me though!

I’ve only had electrolysis. If I was rich I’d get my skin lasered for my huge pores. I also fantasise about an eye lift for sagging eyelids, but I wouldn’t do it.

All medicines are tested on animals, and Botox especially has ongoing cruel tests on mice and rats. In my opinion it’s vain and unethical to contribute to this industry just for the sake of beauty. Animals don’t deserve to die for human wrinkles.

I really admire Deborah Meaden, she’s clearly not had anything done and she still looks great. It’s an overused word but it’s so refreshing to see a healthy mature face on the telly. Botox might make your skin look smooth but it doesn’t actually make you look better.

As for “natural”-looking lip fillers, they always look terrible. Denise Van Outen and Frankie Bridge have clearly had “natural” minimal lip fillers and they still look like ducks.

I've not had anything done. I am happy with the way I look. But do know someone who spent £4,000 on a nose job.. We went out to a bar just after her nose had healed. Someone in the bar slagged off her nose. She was really happy with the nose job until then. Her nose was not even that bad. If it makes you feel good and you can afford it. Then go for it. I really don't like the Towie look. The girls all look years older than their age. They all look like clones of a dodgy robot.
That’s really cruel 😕

Your friends nose would have been swollen for 6 months after surgery, they don’t look good for a while.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had braces twice, and botox. Can’t think of anything else I’ve had done really. I wouldn’t consider either of those plastic surgery.
At various points in my life I’ve been desperate for a boob job and nose job but I’m glad I didn’t get them now. Maybe I’ll change my mind again who knows.

I am tempted by lip filler though, but I think it would be quite noticeable on me and I’d prefer for people to not know I’ve had something done.

I’ve just booked in for cheek filler. 3ml in total which I’m assured is going to look fresher and a restorative as opposed to a dramatic difference. Initially I enquired about Botox but on consultation we established this was the way to get the desired effect. I’m in my early 40s and I don’t look awful but I’m suddenly really conscious that I look different to even five years ago and it’s actually making me avoid mirrors.
Im so excited. Anything I should know? For example am I going to have to hide from my mum while the bruising and swelling goes?!

I’ve just booked in for cheek filler. 3ml in total which I’m assured is going to look fresher and a restorative as opposed to a dramatic difference. Initially I enquired about Botox but on consultation we established this was the way to get the desired effect. I’m in my early 40s and I don’t look awful but I’m suddenly really conscious that I look different to even five years ago and it’s actually making me avoid mirrors.
Im so excited. Anything I should know? For example am I going to have to hide from my mum while the bruising and swelling goes?!
How did you manage to book in ? i thought that beauty practitioners weren't able to work / open yet ?

and Botox especially has ongoing cruel tests on mice and rats. In my opinion it’s vain and unethical to contribute to this industry just for the sake of beauty. Animals don’t deserve to die for human wrinkles.
I’d honestly never thought of this, and yes, it’s totally unnecessary to have ongoing tests on animals considering so many people are ready and willing to have it done. While just being too scared to have it done anyway, it’s sealed my decision to not ever bother to vaguely think about having it done now.

• Heart
I'm getting fillers on Saturday. the practioners are classed as medical so allowed to open from the 4th July. getting small amount of tear trough, chin and nose. can't wait!

I’ve had braces (proper train track metal ones) top and bottom. Got them off two years ago. Best thing I’ve ever done although they were agony.

I’ve also have three areas of Botox twice a year, have had tear trough filler (1 mil in each socket), cheek filler (2 mil in each side) which I love, marionette lines and nose to mouth lines filled.

The upkeep is a pain and it isn’t cheap but I justify it as I don’t drink anymore so save money on nights out etc. It’s my new vice.
I’d love a tummy tuck and lipo. I’ve been researching the procedures and best surgeons and started saving.

I’ve had braces (proper train track metal ones) top and bottom. Got them off two years ago. Best thing I’ve ever done although they were agony.

I’ve also have three areas of Botox twice a year, have had tear trough filler (1 mil in each socket), cheek filler (2 mil in each side) which I love, marionette lines and nose to mouth lines filled.

The upkeep is a pain and it isn’t cheap but I justify it as I don’t drink anymore so save money on nights out etc. It’s my new vice.
I’d love a tummy tuck and lipo. I’ve been researching the procedures and best surgeons and started saving.
I am looking at it as an investment in self care. I’m not doing it for anyone but myself. I realise that’s a point that could be argued but it’s to do with my self esteem and an urge to take good care of myself. I hope it will be a leg up. I already feel motivated to exercise (so that I don’t metabolise the filler away when I start moving again post furlough) and start resting and lay off the wine a bit so when I get them I am looking the best I can with them!
I’ve got about two months. I’m so excited 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a boob job and uplift about 8 years ago and don’t regret it. I’ve since had a baby and breastfed and they are still looking good so worth the money. I didn’t go huge and they are under the muscle so look natural. Don’t regret my decision.

I’d love a bit of Botox between my eyebrows as have a permanent frown line but can’t justify the cost at the moment.

I had a boob job and uplift about 8 years ago and don’t regret it. I’ve since had a baby and breastfed and they are still looking good so worth the money. I didn’t go huge and they are under the muscle so look natural. Don’t regret my decision.

I’d love a bit of Botox between my eyebrows as have a permanent frown line but can’t justify the cost at the moment.
do you have to get the implants replaced every 10 years? and do you have to pay extra for them? always wondered that!

do you have to get the implants replaced every 10 years? and do you have to pay extra for them? always wondered that!
It’s not set in stone that you’d have to replace after 10 years, depends on if you are happy with the look still or if they’ve damaged or hardened etc. Mine are still fine and I had a mammogram last year and the doc said they are intact and fine. I guess as I opted for smaller implants (I’m a C/D) they aren’t heavy so the skin hasn’t sagged plus under the muscle holds them in place more. If you do get them replaced you do pay again so need to take that into consideration for future. I got mine through finance so would probably do the same for any future surgery’s if needed.