Planting Flowers, Fruit & Veg

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caught this little beauty helping me make broad beans today.

signal-2022-05-10-172008_001.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm enjoying reading all of your gardening adventures. I have planted up one of my raised beds with carrots, parsnips, beetroot and runner bean seeds with some cornflowers and sunflowers. The other isn't fully planted yet but I have put a few varities of peas, sweet peas, french beans and left a space for courgettes. I love gardening but have to admit that I'm not very patient. When I put the seeds in I'm there looking every day hoping they'll sprout in front of my eyes.

Reactions: 8
Lucking forward to a garden weekend! First need to go and buy a new lawnmower as ours decided to break this week 🙄

Otherwise it's plants plants plants 🌿🌿

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am the proud owner of some slug traps and some VERY cheap beer from Sainsburys.

It's come down to them or me and I want to eat my lettuces.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
What’s everyone’s gardening plans?
Has anyone build a fence? I want to build a vertical one

E76D38B8-73DE-459C-B8DE-9C79DF640755.jpeg

1386F0ED-ACF8-470D-AD30-DC1434AB2D9B.jpeg

Saw this video on YouTube 👷🏻‍♀️🪴👩🏻‍🌾

Reactions: 2
Having a day in the garden tomorrow as both my Mr and I are off. Leaving the grass for no mow May; he'll tidy up the edges on the borders and I'll put my beans and peas outside. Tomatoes and courgettes are coming on nicely and my potato plants are poking through.
I'll also pick some rhubarb for my work colleagues.
I threw all the seeds from last years Love in a Mist randomly around and they're growing now 🌺
I have 2 house plants to repot as well. Busy day!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I haven't yet it's on my 'to do' list for this month. Need to secure the dog 😂 I'm only doing a 3ft ish one though.

View attachment 1270157

My potatoes are doing ok. I covered these on Saturday and this was Sunday
I read something interesting. Along the lines of do you really think farmers go around tenderly building up their potatoes?

Nope they do it all in 1 go and the potatoes come through fine

Never tried it and build mine up slowly too :D

I read something interesting. Along the lines of do you really think farmers go around tenderly building up their potatoes?

Nope they do it all in 1 go and the potatoes come through fine

Never tried it and build mine up slowly too :D
I did last year and they were fine, decided to try this way this year and see the difference (if any!)

my potatoes are going wild this year I can’t keep them covered, every time I turn my back they’re peaking through the compost 😂
I think the weather has been pretty good with me. Periods of real warmth and sun and then rain. Even my grass is driving me mad

Reactions: 1
I am so glad to have found this thread!

I am in my second year of growing veg at home. Started off as a hobby for my little boy as he loved spending time with his grandparents growing things and I have sort of taken over! It’s been so good for my mental health and gives me somewhere to escape the chaos.

The first year was a bit of a disaster as birds and weeds took over but I’ve learnt from it and invested in a hoe for weeding (and do it regularly!) and put a net over everything to keep the pesky birds away.

B723DE92-9CDA-4849-AA6B-00CBC1A9DB11.jpeg

Potatoes, mint, garlic, sunflowers and rosemary

A7828C7D-E717-4DE6-A234-326ACC3B11F0.jpeg

More potatoes, onions, runner beans, what’s left of the radishes - I made some delicious spicy pickled radishes this weekend 😋

Everything bar the potatoes and onions, we have grown from scratch in our mini greenhouse. Next year, I am hoping to add a couple more raised beds and get a full sized greenhouse too.

Loving seeing everyone’s progress on here

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am so glad to have found this thread!

I am in my second year of growing veg at home. Started off as a hobby for my little boy as he loved spending time with his grandparents growing things and I have sort of taken over! It’s been so good for my mental health and gives me somewhere to escape the chaos.

The first year was a bit of a disaster as birds and weeds took over but I’ve learnt from it and invested in a hoe for weeding (and do it regularly!) and put a net over everything to keep the pesky birds away.

View attachment 1272932
Potatoes, mint, garlic, sunflowers and rosemary

View attachment 1272934
More potatoes, onions, runner beans, what’s left of the radishes - I made some delicious spicy pickled radishes this weekend 😋

Everything bar the potatoes and onions, we have grown from scratch in our mini greenhouse. Next year, I am hoping to add a couple more raised beds and get a full sized greenhouse too.

Loving seeing everyone’s progress on here
Noooo you haven't put the mint in your bed have you? That stuff is worse than weeds.

Your beds are so neat, I have bed envy!

Reactions: 5
Noooo you haven't put the mint in your bed have you? That stuff is worse than weeds.
I'd dig it up and stick it in a pot. You'll wake up one morning and it will be walking around in your kitchen. It goes everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Your beds are so neat, I have bed envy!
Thank you 😊

Re the mint, I learnt that lesson the hard way at my old house 🤣 I’ve drilled some holes in a builders bucket and planted the mint in that before popping it in the bed, it’s thriving!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re the mint, I learnt that lesson the hard way at my old house 🤣 I’ve drilled some holes in a builders bucket and planted the mint in that before popping it in the bed, it’s thriving!

That's good. I had an invasion of lemon balm once. That took some getting rid of.

Reactions: 3
Any tips for getting rid of caterpillar box blight? I have a hedge in my front garden that’s seems to have fallen victim to it. It’s the first time it’s happened and it’s been there for around 10 years. Don’t really want to pull it up as it’s taken ages to grow!