Planets, Stars, Galaxies - The Space Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so beautiful isn’t it @MaineCoonMama !

Check out the zoom-in thing (I think it works best from the link above).

As an example, when you zoom in on the circled part, you can see so much more detail! And the whole image is like that!

IMG_4712.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
There's a great documentary on Netflix
- Unknown - Cosmic Time Machine
it goes into how James Webb telescope was built , up to it's launch and first images

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is my screensaver....Carina nebula
IMG_0251.jpg

went to Science Museum in London a couple of weeks ago and there was this marvellous Sci fi exhibition
some brilliant exhibits from various films etc....loved it!
could spend weeks looking round this museum!
IMG_5602.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This is my screensaver....Carina nebula
View attachment 2337306
went to Science Museum in London a couple of weeks ago and there was this marvellous Sci fi exhibition
some brilliant exhibits from various films etc....loved it!
could spend weeks looking round this museum!View attachment 2337318
View attachment 2337315
I meant to reply this ages ago to say thank you for sharing the pics! That looks epic, so many iconic props!
Thinking of sci fi I love how early sci fi inspired a lot of people to actually become scientists!

~~~
This is really geeky but I love All About Space magazine. It’s full of the latest space exploration news, but also has so many gorgeous space pictures, I really love seeing them in print instead of on a screen.

---
I meant to reply this ages ago to say thank you for sharing the pics! That looks epic, so many iconic props!
Thinking of sci fi I love how early sci fi inspired a lot of people to actually become scientists!

~~~
This is really geeky but I love All About Space magazine. It’s full of the latest space exploration news, but also has so many gorgeous space pictures, I really love seeing them in print instead of on a screen.

Edited to add' love the screensaver you chose. I have this one just no, it’s so pretty.

1691795577988.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
There‘s an IMAX Documentary about the James Webb Space telescope! Called Deep Sky{ I can’t find anything about it being released in the UK but will keep an eye out, it looks beautiful!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
There‘s an IMAX Documentary about the James Webb Space telescope! Called Deep Sky{ I can’t find anything about it being released in the UK but will keep an eye out, it looks beautiful!

That looks WILD! I wonder if it will be released down here?

Reactions: 1
It's peak time from this weekend to see the Leonid shooting stars 🌠
I woke up and noticed how bright the stars were, went outside and saw a shooting star :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7