Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But they did not break any rules LOL Did they have covid going out or coming back? He died of covid long weeks after the trip more than likely picked up in hospital.

That a good article to read and one I agree with.

Just because they didn’t break any rules doesn’t make it morally right. Weren’t we all advised to not go on holidays? Piers went on one too. I can’t stand influencers but people need to keep the same energy for everyone. You can’t give exceptions because some people are “100 years old” and “it could be his last holiday” it could be anyones last day alive and last holiday, you can’t predict the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did you read the linked article, sums things up nicely I believe.

To be blunt I'm appalled at whats been written about his family in general and the trip in particular and I'm so happy I don't wake up and have similar thoughts in my head.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the topic of Sir Tom...thats me done with the Sir Tom part of this thread.

Reactions: 3

To be blunt I'm appalled at whats been written about his family in general and the trip in particular and I'm so happy I don't wake up and have similar thoughts in my head.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the topic of Sir Tom...thats me done with the Sir Tom part of this thread.
Hannah, is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It seems to be widely accepted that Morgan's obsession with criticising Meghan stems from her apparently 'ghosting' him. I never realised until recently but apparently he has form for this because he's carried on a similar campaign against Madonna again because of some perceived personal slight.

I've always felt that he was a bully on GMB. He got away with it, indeed was praised for it because he often bullied government ministers. I have no time for the Tory government and I enjoy seeing members of it discomforted but it would be hypocritical of me not to recognise what Morgan was doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

But no one has ever written anything bad about Tom personally, it’s the rest of the family who’ve annoyed people because they didn’t appear to have his best interests at heart and, IMO, exploited him.

Reactions: 11
But no one has ever written anything bad about Tom personally, it’s the rest of the family who’ve annoyed people because they didn’t appear to have his best interests at heart and, IMO, exploited him.
Absolute exploitation. The funeral was was just beyond a joke. I genuinely couldn't quite believe what I was watching.

Reactions: 8
I just don't believe that a 100 year old would want to sit on a flight for 8 and a half hours to then traipse around in 30 degree heat. And its not about them not giving covid to people (that we know of), its that they could've well done. Not to mention the poor locals in Barbados. I don't blame him and may he rest in peace but his daughter is disgusting imo. And if that were Meghan and Harry taking Phillip on holiday for him to pass away weeks later, we would never ever hear the end of it from Piers or anyone. Nobody is insulting Sir Tom himself, but the way his family have tried to have their 5 minutes of fame through his selflessness is vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He seemed like a nice guy who was one of many who did amazing things for charity during the lockdown. His daughter, who has PR connections, was the one I believe who got it into the public domain he was doing the walk and I did read that Piers was one of the first people she contacted when Sir Tom went into hospital - happy to be corrected but I don’t think they knew each other before he raised the money and became famous.

I haven’t said anything bad about Sir Tom and I haven’t personally seen any disparaging comments. His name, imho, has been tarnished by his grabby family determined to cash in on what he did and PM was/is well and truly on that bandwagon.

Reactions: 10
I just don't believe that a 100 year old would want to sit on a flight for 8 and a half hours to then traipse around in 30 degree heat. And its not about them not giving covid to people (that we know of), its that they could've well done. Not to mention the poor locals in Barbados. I don't blame him and may he rest in peace but his daughter is disgusting imo. And if that were Meghan and Harry taking Phillip on holiday for him to pass away weeks later, we would never ever hear the end of it from Piers or anyone. Nobody is insulting Sir Tom himself, but the way his family have tried to have their 5 minutes of fame through his selflessness is vile.
Yes apparently it was ' his dream' to go the Carribbean. Well doesnt his daughter run a high profile company? Why couldnt she have taken him before he was in his 90's? He may have enjoyed it more! Sou ded like she wanted a sponsored holiday and had too take him too.

Reactions: 11

Another article about the family being trolled online.
They've branded those sceptical as trolls without giving any evidence of actual troll-like comments. I think its a valid question to ask if his family carting him off to Barbados at the grand old age of 100, not to mention the pandemic, was in his best interests (or the best interests of all the people who they could've infected). What if somebody asymptomatic passed on Covid to him in the airport and he became seriously ill while out there? If the trip wasn't sponsored, would they have put their hands in their own pocket to take him to Barbados? I don't think as a family, they're strapped for cash. He raised an astounding amount for charity out of the kindness of his own heart and his family saw this as a cash grab for themselves and I don't think raising questions about their intentions is trolling in the slightest. If Piers is aloud to hold people accountable for behaviour he doesn't agree with, and he does so with much greater force than anyone has done with Sir Tom, why is it trolling in this case? I think its a cheap shot for the article to brand this as trolling when it quite clearly isn't. I hope Sir Tom was happy and in as little pain as possible in his final weeks.

Reactions: 6
It seems to be widely accepted that Morgan's obsession with criticising Meghan stems from her apparently 'ghosting' him. I never realised until recently but apparently he has form for this because he's carried on a similar campaign against Madonna again because of some perceived personal slight.

I've always felt that he was a bully on GMB. He got away with it, indeed was praised for it because he often bullied government ministers. I have no time for the Tory government and I enjoy seeing members of it discomforted but it would be hypocritical of me not to recognise what Morgan was doing.
Everyone seemed to turn a blind eye on his bullying and horrible behaviour when it was aimed at MP'S, now there is somewhat normality back, people remembered what he is.

Reactions: 3
His interview tomorrow should be interesting to say the least. I hope he doesn't bang on too much about being ghosted, we've heard enough of that story. Lets hope he brings something fresh to the table and stays calm and objective.

Reactions: 4
Everyone seemed to turn a blind eye on his bullying and horrible behaviour when it was aimed at MP'S, now there is somewhat normality back, people remembered what he is.
I think he asked the right questions, but just didn't give them chance to answer

Reactions: 2
His interview tomorrow should be interesting to say the least. I hope he doesn't bang on too much about being ghosted, we've heard enough of that story. Lets hope he brings something fresh to the table and stays calm and objective.
Not really sure he has anything else special to offer apart from that little anecdote tbh....

Reactions: 1
Not really sure he has anything else special to offer apart from that little anecdote tbh....
He will point out flaws in the interview, the lies about the private wedding, lying about how long its been since she has met her sister, the way she has treated her father, the way that they concealed the truth in hiding the fact they were in secret negotiations for a media deal a full year before mexit, the fact that the interview was one sided, they new full well that the Royal Family won't get into a public dialogue and could say what they want sort of thing. Nothing we don't already know so seems a bit of a pointless exercise and he's got to be on best behavior or he'll shoot himself in the foot. He's gained popularity since his public meltdown and he can't afford to loose it if he's going to relaunch in the UK or the USA.

Reactions: 5
Are we talking about Piers Morgan here? He has little else if he doesnt have his rants.

Reactions: 2
There are 6 articles on the Daily Fail today from his interview on fox or an article he wrote on Megan! Get over her ffs!

Reactions: 4
I don’t usually agree with what’s written on Mumsnet, but someone on there said he’s like a bitter ex husband or partner who can’t get over being dumped and is now trashing her because she dared to leave him.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.