Piers Morgan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Piers is the kind of man who‘d tell other men to ‘grow a pair’ or ‘man up’ when they are going through difficult times. Toxic masculinity at its absolute worst. You can’t have someone like that fronting a TV programme that claims to support mental health charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@JudithKuntz Wow. I mean you’re really reaching there and getting a little more angry than is really necessary. Why are you so upset about which forums I’m using? Why are you looking through my profile to see where I post the most? One of the main things about Tattle is that we can respectfully disagree without it getting personal.

I disagree with Piers Morgan and have made my view clear on that. You disagree with me. That’s okay. We’re not going to agree. But I really don’t think going into my profile and looking at what I post about or follow and calling me out for that is fair. This is a form of entertainment. We’re all here to entertain ourselves. Shouting at me because I don’t share exactly the same opinion as you, and then taking the conversation away from the actual topic and on to me personally and why I am here and what I am talking about is not what this website is for.

I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. But there is no reason for you to change the topic of conversation (Piers) and make it about me and my personal choices. I will not be saying anymore on this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
@JudithKuntz Wow. I mean you’re really reaching there and getting a little more angry than is really necessary. Why are you so upset about which forums I’m using? Why are you looking through my profile to see where I post the most? One of the main things about Tattle is that we can respectfully disagree without it getting personal.

I disagree with Piers Morgan and have made my view clear on that. You disagree with me. That’s okay. We’re not going to agree. But I really don’t think going into my profile and looking at what I post about or follow and calling me out for that is fair. This is a form of entertainment. We’re all here to entertain ourselves. Shouting at me because I don’t share exactly the same opinion as you, and then taking the conversation away from the actual topic and on to me personally and why I am here and what I am talking about is not what this website is for.

I am not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine. But there is no reason for you to change the topic of conversation (Piers) and make it about me and my personal choices. I will not be saying anymore on this.
Digital Spy have closed a lot of their forums and I suspect Tattle will now be getting an influx of people who used to post on there. Which is fine so long as they respect the ethos of this forum. Looking through your posting history and refusing to accept the opinions of others and posting long diatribes nitpicking everything others say is classic DS and I really hope the mods don’t allow that mentality to seep through here. I personally don’t think there is anything wrong in what you said either. You have a right to your opinion, they have a right to theirs. Accept it and move on.

• Heart

Please.

A) I am not angry.

B) i have not looked at your profile. If you happen to have contributed to threads about the three people I named it’s coincidence. They are simply the best examples of threads on here I could think of.

C) I did not “get personal”. I addressed your previous post to me and highlighted your lack of understanding regarding free speech. I pointed out the hypocrisy of trying to censor opinions of Markle on a forum in which people are free to criticise “celebs”.

D) This isn’t a clash of competing opinions. It’s a clash of understanding what free speech means and not understanding what it means. That’s what I was addressing.

And I did a good job. When people can’t counter any point I’ve made & instead reduce themselves to ad hominem, I’ve scored.

Free speech matters - this forum wouldn’t exist without it. So excuse me for defending it.

I apologise if it seemed I was “getting personal” - I don’t know you from Adam. I was highlighting the flaws in your argument.

Reactions: 13
Please.

A) I am not angry.

B) i have not looked at your profile. If you happen to have contributed to threads about the three people I named it’s coincidence. They are simply the best examples of threads on here I could think of.

C) I did not “get personal”. I addressed your previous post to me and highlighted your lack of understanding regarding free speech. I pointed out the hypocrisy of trying to censor opinions of Markle on a forum in which people are free to criticise “celebs”.

D) This isn’t a clash of competing opinions. It’s a clash of understanding what free speech means and not understanding what it means. That’s what I was addressing.

And I did a good job. When people can’t counter any point I’ve made & instead reduce themselves to ad hominem, I’ve scored.

Free speech matters - this forum wouldn’t exist without it. So excuse me for defending it.

I apologise if it seemed I was “getting personal” - I don’t know you from Adam. I was highlighting the flaws in your argument.
And you did a fabulous job.

Reactions: 9
His views affect the brand though. They can’t say they’re mental health ambassadors while having him sit there and accuse meghan of lying about being suicidal which is already so hard to talk about and has a massive stigma. Telling a woman of colour that her lived experiences of racism are lies because he has blind loyalty to the royal family isn’t just an opinion. Words have consequences. Sorry I’ll stop going on about meghan now!!
The world has reached a sorry state, if a supposed 'lived experience' is more important than the truth.

Where does it stop? When a rapist or murderer's 'lived experience' is that the victim asked them to attack or murder them? What do we do then? Let them off scot free, because that's their 'lived experience' or do we seek the truth?

Reactions: 6
The world has reached a sorry state, if a supposed 'lived experience' is more important than the truth.
How do you know it's the truth? How does anyone know? He loved the Royal Family so much he hacked their phones for years ( including hacking Prince Harry's phone and printing lies about British servicemen in Iraq that put them at risk) I wonder which member of the Royal Family and army veteran could possibly have told his wife not to have anything to do with Morgan? Hmmm . PM loved Meghan before she told him to piss off. Hes on record salivating over her like some dirty uncle at a party. Why is what Meghan says lies just because Piers Morgan says so? It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that an archaic institution built on Empire and exclusively white and upper class has people who make racist comments among them. Some of it is well documented for a start!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How do you know it's the truth? How does anyone know? He loved the Royal Family so much he hacked their phones for years ( including hacking Prince Harry's phone and printing lies about British servicemen in Iraq that put them at risk) I wonder which member of the Royal Family and army veteran could possibly have told his wife not to have anything to do with Morgan? Hmmm . PM loved Meghan before she told him to piss off. Hes on record salivating over her like some dirty uncle at a party. Why is what Meghan says lies just because Piers Morgan says so? It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that an archaic institution built on Empire and exclusively white and upper class has people who make racist comments among them. Some of it is well documented for a start!
So many of the things in the 'interview' have already been proven to be lies. Why should anything she said be true? She and Harry can't even get their stories straight!

Ignoring Meghan Markle, we have to get away from 'lived experience' and 'his truth', 'her truth' etc focus on THE truth.

• Heart
So many of the things in the 'interview' have already been proven to be lies. Why should anything she said be true? She and Harry can't even get their stories straight!

Ignoring Meghan Markle, we have to get away from 'lived experience' and 'his truth', 'her truth' etc focus on THE truth.
Of course as a society we don’t run on ‘lived experience’. That’s why we have courts and trials. But when a person of colour says that a member of a white upper class family who exist because of colonialism expressed a racist comment (as they have done in the past), I am going to believe them. Because 99.9% of the time, people of colour who share their stories about racism are telling the truth. Whether you think she’s fabricated the entire interview. Whether you despise the person or not, if they’re not white, they’ll have a story to tell. Realistically she can’t prove it because she’ll say it’s true and they’ll say it’s a lie. I find it absurd that we are taking a white man’s word for it that she’s lying though. And after the summer of BLM, it looks bad on itv to have someone sit there and deny her experiences of racism. I mean piers wasn’t going into the interview neutral anyway after she so cruelly and nastily.... didn’t text him back after they met once. So he was already hysterical from the get go.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Morgan's opinion about Meghan Markle really is irrelevant to his resignation. GMB producers must have known that they were taking a risk employing someone like him and that it was inevitable that sooner or later he would say something that they couldn't live with. In fact the longer his employment went on and the more his bullying was indulged, the more likely he was to be emboldened to go too far.

Piers Morgan is entitled to express any opinion he wishes on any issue. If he expresses his opinion under the auspices of an employer then they are entitled to intervene e.g to ask him to withdraw his comments, apologise or whatever. In short, like the vast majority of us, he has 'free speech' as an individual but not as an employee.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Of course as a society we don’t run on ‘lived experience’. That’s why we have courts and trials. But when a person of colour says that a member of a white upper class family who exist because of colonialism expressed a racist comment (as they have done in the past), I am going to believe them. Because 99.9% of the time, people of colour who share their stories about racism are telling the truth. Whether you think she’s fabricated the entire interview. Whether you despise the person or not, if they’re not white, they’ll have a story to tell. Realistically she can’t prove it because she’ll say it’s true and they’ll say it’s a lie. I find it absurd that we are taking a white man’s word for it that she’s lying though. And after the summer of BLM, it looks bad on itv to have someone sit there and deny her experiences of racism. I mean piers wasn’t going into the interview neutral anyway after she so cruelly and nastily.... didn’t text him back after they met once. So he was already hysterical from the get go.
I couldn't give a tit about Piers Morgan, so I'm not taking 'a white man's word' for anything. I watched Meghan Markle say that a member of the Royal Family had several conversations about her child's skin colour whilst she was pregnant, and Harry say a conversation (that she was not party to) was had before they were married. It's clear enough to me that they can't even get their story straight, never mind anything else. Therefore, I'n NOT going to believe them.

Just like I'm not going to believe that they were married 3 days before their wedding, or that her sister didn't change her name back to Markle until she started dating Harry. The difference is that these lies have been proven by documentary evidence.

It's been proven that the real wedding three days earlier thing was bullshit. And she never said she was suicidal. She laid breadcrumbs for Winfrey to say it for her.

Reactions: 8
Markle is a blatant liar and attention seeker. It's the most 2021 thing ever that any criticism of her = RACIST! I had no idea she was black till I read she was.

Where does it stop? When a rapist or murderer's 'lived experience' is that the victim asked them to attack or murder them? What do we do then? Let them off scot free, because that's their 'lived experience' or do we seek the truth?
The most obvious and recent example of that I can think of was Roxanne Pallett's accusations against Ryan Thomas in Big Brother. I actually think she believed what she was saying but it was absolutely wrong in every way. It could have easily destroyed Ryan Thomas if it hadn't been caught on camera for everyone to see. The way everyone was ready to believe her. The way they rallied around her. It made me sick at the time.

Piers was absolutely right not to apologise.

Reactions: 16
The most obvious and recent example of that I can think of was Roxanne Pallett's accusations against Ryan Thomas in Big Brother. I actually think she believed what she was saying but it was absolutely wrong in every way. It could have easily destroyed Ryan Thomas if it hadn't been caught on camera for everyone to see. The way everyone was ready to believe her. The way they rallied around her. It made me sick at the time.

Piers was absolutely right not to apologise.
Bit off topic - I really do think that women like Roxanne who lie (and she obviously has some sort of mental problem for her to do it multiple times in the past too) are a minority in the grand scheme of things. Of course there will always be women who falsely accuse men of all sorts but most women don't lie so I don't think she should be used as an example of 'omg its so common for women to lie so lets not believe them unless they have video evidence of them being assaulted'. Nearly all women have had an inappropriate encounter with a man. Ask your friends who are of an ethnic minority if they've ever experienced racism and I'm sure the answer will be yes. Its just an everyday occurance unfortunately and its not inherently a bad thing to believe 'lived experience'. If you're taking something to court then there would need to be a substantial amount of evidence to prosecute of course. And even when people are ready to believe women, its usually followed up with 'ooh well were you wearing a low cut top or a short skirt?' There is some sort of anxiety that the majority of allegations are false when its quite the opposite - only around 4%. Thank duck there were cameras because it would've been so awful for Ryan to lose his career over a lie and I'm not saying he doesn't matter or that Roxanne isn't disgusting but false allegations like that really aren't as common as we believe. I'm glad that she's lost her career over this of course.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.