Phoebe & Me - begging her followers for 8.5 grand she can pay for a boob job & some bits from “bargs”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have an issue with the surgery, I understand the want for it.
my issue lies at
1) the hinting over the last few months, notably the Christmas haul, talking about needing to lose weight for something but can’t say what etc etc, she was testing the water and seeing what people would say / If anything. She’s spoke openly about needing to lose weight for a reduction previously.
2) the whole ‘I’m not asking but here’s the link’ by setting up the go fund me you are asking. Creating it is asking. Sharing the link is asking. What you mean Jess, is there is no obligation to donate - but you are asking. Why start a series about a reduction that you are yet to afford? There be two videos and then nothing until you have the money? Why not save the clips until you have the surgery organised? Because you want people to donate.
yess this is my stance too the actual surgery is just whatever though it is comestic no matter what way people try to play it if its for vanity or not the thing of im not asking but heres my link is just so so stupid because u r asking jess u want people to click and donate exactly its just stupid if she cant afford a big chunk of money and doesnt raise enough then idk what she will do she will have to give everyone their cash back if she cant have it in the end im really upset with jess as i said i actually was a loyal follower of hers im suprised not more have commented on the video disagreeing with it quite disturbing how a big majority see no issue in it

like i actually feel silly how much its effected me but with cancer being in the family etc i think its maybe effected me bit much how she wasted the nhs time etc during a bleeping pandemic she should have put part 1 and 2 out together on the same night watever she saids next i still wont agree because its wrong to ask your followerrs for money

Reactions: 6
I believe they have bought a newish car recently too. And Neil's Christmas presents were designer type things as she said he doesn't like primark etc. Which is all fair enough but if my husband or I are saving for something we would do without. And she quit her job as I recall it was her choice!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ok so I have a lot of thoughts on this so apologies in advance if this comes across as ranty.

She has had issues with her back due to the size of her boobs for years. She purposefully waited to do something about it until after she had finished having children which I understand, however, what pisses me off is that she was happy to manage the pain with medication for years until she had her kids but couldn’t wait another year for the pandemic to get under control to take action. It is absurdly selfish. I have lost 2 close family members due to the pandemic - one passed away from Covid and the other passed away from a tumor that she was unable to get treatment for so this cuts really deep for me personally.

Not only would waiting a year have helped the nhs but it also would have given her some time to save some money towards the surgery if she got rejected on the NHS, which she always knew was a real possibility.

This brings me on to my second point...

To be honest I have always felt Jess to be somewhat work shy - she doesn’t seem to cope well with any sort of criticism or change in routine.
She quit her job before Christmas (when she was already 6 months into this breast reduction process). She quit voluntarily because she didn’t think she could cope with learning the new system quickly enough. Seriously? In Jess’s own words - put on your big girl pants and deal with it! We all have to do things at work that we might not want to or we think we can’t but in the end that is what makes us grow and develop as people. And ultimately what gives us pride and confidence in ourselves and our abilities. If she knew she needed/wanted this surgery so badly there is absolutely no excuse for quitting her job to then 2 months later ask strangers on the internet to fund your lifestyle decision.

If you want something badly enough you will find a way to make it happen. She is just choosing the way all influencers do - get other people to do the hard work! And as others have said Jess would be the first one to call out other influencers for doing this and would act so superior about it laughing and joking with Ellie.

She wastes a lot of money on absolute tat - like the books she buys just because the version she already had was in a different cover style to what she wants on the bookcase.

She is at home all day every day, yes I know she has the kids but there are many remote jobs nowadays that she could work around them. Also for all the time she spends in charity shops why doesn’t she go down the reseller route. I personally did this in order to pay for my dream honeymoon and was able to make £18K in 2 years. With her following she could do £8.4k for her life changing surgery in about 6 months.

I am beyond disgusted to be honest and have unsubscribed. She was the last influencer I was even still following on youtube. I am done with all of them. This pandemic has really shone a light on the selfishness of people. It is really sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I believe they have bought a newish car recently too. And Neil's Christmas presents were designer type things as she said he doesn't like primark etc. Which is all fair enough but if my husband or I are saving for something we would do without. And she quit her job as I recall it was her choice!!!
omg yesss i remember she felt out of her deph so quit though tells people she was sacked which is odd imo

Ok so I have a lot of thoughts on this so apologies in advance if this comes across as ranty.

She has had issues with her back due to the size of her boobs for years. She purposefully waited to do something about it until after she had finished having children which I understand, however, what pisses me off is that she was happy to manage the pain with medication for years until she had her kids but couldn’t wait another year for the pandemic to get under control to take action. It is absurdly selfish. I have lost 2 close family members due to the pandemic - one passed away from Covid and the other passed away from a tumor that she was unable to get treatment for so this cuts really deep for me personally.

Not only would waiting a year have helped the nhs but it also would have given her some time to save some money towards the surgery if she got rejected on the NHS, which she always knew was a real possibility.

This brings me on to my second point...

To be honest I have always felt Jess to be somewhat work shy - she doesn’t seem to cope well with any sort of criticism or change in routine.
She quit her job before Christmas (when she was already 6 months into this breast reduction process). She quit voluntarily because she didn’t think she could cope with learning the new system quickly enough. Seriously? In Jess’s own words - put on your big girl pants and deal with it! We all have to do things at work that we might not want to or we think we can’t but in the end that is what makes us grow and develop as people. And ultimately what gives us pride and confidence in ourselves and our abilities. If she knew she needed/wanted this surgery so badly there is absolutely no excuse for quitting her job to then 2 months later ask strangers on the internet to fund your lifestyle decision.

If you want something badly enough you will find a way to make it happen. She is just choosing the way all influencers do - get other people to do the hard work! And as others have said Jess would be the first one to call out other influencers for doing this and would act so superior about it laughing and joking with Ellie.

She wastes a lot of money on absolute tat - like the books she buys just because the version she already had was in a different cover style to what she wants on the bookcase.

She is at home all day every day, yes I know she has the kids but there are many remote jobs nowadays that she could work around them. Also for all the time she spends in charity shops why doesn’t she go down the reseller route. I personally did this in order to pay for my dream honeymoon and was able to make £18K in 2 years. With her following she could do £8.4k for her life changing surgery in about 6 months.

I am beyond disgusted to be honest and have unsubscribed. She was the last influencer I was even still following on youtube. I am done with all of them. This pandemic has really shone a light on the selfishness of people. It is really sad.
omg i want to stand up and just clap cause u said it perfectly

i dont know how more people are not calling her out in the comments for it

also sorry to hear about your loss its hard isnt it this pandemic is effecting everyone and is not the time or place to be asking strangers for money at all

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think the thing is everyone has issues and they need/'want things. BUT most of us would save or work towards it.
It just feels lazy asking on gfm

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think the thing is everyone has issues and they need/'want things. BUT most of us would save or work towards it.
It just feels lazy asking on gfm
and totallly goes against why gfm was created in the first place

Reactions: 4
I unfollowed along time ago so wondered why this thread was kicking off 🤣
Has she said if she’s putting any money towards it or is she expecting other people to fund the whole lot?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I unfollowed along time ago so wondered why this thread was kicking off 🤣
Has she said if she’s putting any money towards it or is she expecting other people to fund the whole lot?
she has the go fund me set to the total cost of surgery as shes said in the comment its 8k and thats what gfm is so guessing shes asking for the total price

Unfollowed and unsubbed,
Spends money on books she’s read so she can have pretty covers and begs for cash from her subscribers, scanky.

can we move this from rave?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can people say something on the video because all comments are how brave she is. Im disgusted.

Reactions: 3
she has the go fund me set to the total cost of surgery as shes said in the comment its 8k and thats what gfm is so guessing shes asking for the total price
She's got over £1000 now .I noticed she's looking for £8,500 but she said the surgery costs £8,400 is the other £100 for snacks and mags while she's in hospital 😂 for all we know the surgery could be half gifted and she could be pocketing a lot of that cash ? I wonder why no brand deals have come her way when she's left her contact details in the description I'd never checked to see was that always there as I thought she wasn't up for that sort of thing .

She's got over £1000 now .I noticed she's looking for £8,500 but she said the surgery costs £8,400 is the other £100 for snacks and mags while she's in hospital 😂 for all we know the surgery could be half gifted and she could be pocketing a lot of that cash ? I wonder why no brand deals have come her way when she's left her contact details in the description I'd never checked to see was that always there as I thought she wasn't up for that sort of thing .
oh wow wtf probably snacks and books the whole thing disgusts me

snacks and mags 🤣🤣

• Haha
She’s contradicted herself on the actual go fund me page...check for yourself 😂

It says they offer a payment plan why doesn’t she do that?
exactly i wanna know why shes asking for waay over a grand more then what it costs ?

I see she’s removed the neg comments .I saw this and thought there’s millions of people can’t take part in sports day’s or bounce on trampolines but it doesn’t make them any less of a parent 🙄
BEDE804C-F76C-404C-9811-4A2DA55BA5B8.jpeg
5AFDD7BD-A668-405C-8F50-60D2511AA02B.jpeg
58B8DB27-1214-4604-88B8-ECE81CA35F4E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The whole thing reminds me of the Jack Towers situation lol (if anyone remembers that slimming world surgery scandal)! Especially if she has asked for more money than she needs?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.