Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anytime is a time to decide to stop breast feeding now is not it. Shops are running out of formula because of corona virus and the little evidence that they have from this new virus shows that if you're breast feeding you make the antibodies for the virus for your baby so I can totally understand her continuing to breast feed. This seems the easiest option over rugby tackling a mom bulk buying formula 😂

Reactions: 7
If anytime is a time to decide to stop breast feeding now is not it. Shops are running out of formula because of corona virus and the little evidence that they have from this new virus shows that if you're breast feeding you make the antibodies for the virus for your baby so I can totally understand her continuing to breast feed. This seems the easiest option over rugby tackling a mom bulk buying formula 😂
If the doctor says the child needs formula, and there is none in shops, can it be prescribed for a baby who may have malnutrition?

Reactions: 1
If the doctor says the child needs formula, and there is none in shops, can it be prescribed for a baby who may have malnutrition?
As far as I'm aware Dr's only prescribe formula for underlying medical issues e.g lactose intolerant babies. So I have no idea how people are to manage if they formula feed given that shelves are being cleared of supplies. As they are pretty much all the same despite being branded differently people need to just buy what is available for them dependent on age of baby.

She is so obsessed with being a breast feeder I can’t see her ever offering formula! It’s literally her whole identity!
litrally so obsessed she’s considering her daughter sucking to relieve the blocked milk duct😷 the poor child

• Sick
Reactions: 6
She is so obsessed with being a breast feeder I can’t see her ever offering formula! It’s literally her whole identity!
litrally so obsessed she’s considering her daughter sucking to relieve the blocked milk duct😷 the poor child
That's disgusting, surprised she hasn't asked Jim to do it

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Tbf, I think it’s each to their own with breastfeeding/formula. I had friends who struggled at the start and went way beyond what I would have bothered with - maybe it’s to do with the oxytocin rush that you get when feeding that becomes addictive?!

Tbf, I think it’s each to their own with breastfeeding/formula. I had friends who struggled at the start and went way beyond what I would have bothered with - maybe it’s to do with the oxytocin rush that you get when feeding that becomes addictive?!
I think she and Jim are to the point of having a food obsession and certainly give Vesper massively too big portions and have given her a habit of constantly grazing on food and overeating. She is a lovely little girl but in my view she is already overweight and will continue to be a child that suffers with overeating and weight issues, through no fault of her own. I think that Mum places so much emphasis on food and feeding in general that breastfeeding is more important to her that it might be to others? She places a disproportionately big value on it in my opinion. When she said she was considering letting Vesper latch on just to increase her milk supply I felt that she is venturing into weird territory.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I tried with my first child & we both struggled with it...I made the choice to switch to formula because for me ‘fed is best’ & all that jazz! I just couldn’t carry on with it, so for me it was a case of happy mum, happy baby! Surely that’s all that matters? I seriously take my hat off to those that persevere, but Feebs takes it too far in my opinion. Martyr almost springs to mind....everything has to be perfect?

Reactions: 9
I had so many problems breastfeeding my child and ended up switching to formula after a few weeks. My sister is currently breastfeeding her newborn and has a had quite a few problems (bad tongue tie etc) but is now doing fine with it.... Would anybody in the world know (or care!) anything about either of our stories?! No 😂 Feebs just loves to over share and make out like she is mum of the year because she is persevering with it. It’s not a competition! And probably something a lot of other woman are going through on a daily basis, she just wants a medal for it 🏅

Much as I dislike her, I’ve watched breastfeeding mums at the hospital in bits because of the guilt they feel for being unable to feed their child naturally. Telling a breastfeeding mother “oh just formula feed” isn’t helpful.

She can tone down what she shares, but I wouldn’t slam her for feeding her kid in any way. She needs support there. So maybe that’s why she’s oversharing it?

Much as I dislike her, I’ve watched breastfeeding mums at the hospital in bits because of the guilt they feel for being unable to feed their child naturally. Telling a breastfeeding mother “oh just formula feed” isn’t helpful.

She can tone down what she shares, but I wouldn’t slam her for feeding her kid in any way. She needs support there. So maybe that’s why she’s oversharing it?
Then she should speak to a medical professional or a health visitor instead of slapping her tits in our faces

Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t slate anybody for how they feed their child...what I do slate her for is the holier than thou attitude to parenting. When she had Vesper, all she did was preach about what she was doing & how it was so easy & her way was the best way. So for someone like me who struggled to breastfeed, I switched to formula (my own choice, even went against midwife/health visitor!), it can maybe make you feel like you are failing your child in a way? If that makes sense? As I said...fed is best, weather that’s formula fed or breast fed 😊

Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t slate anybody for how they feed their child...what I do slate her for is the holier than thou attitude to parenting. When she had Vesper, all she did was preach about what she was doing & how it was so easy & her way was the best way. So for someone like me who struggled to breastfeed, I switched to formula (my own choice, even went against midwife/health visitor!), it can maybe make you feel like you are failing your child in a way? If that makes sense? As I said...fed is best, weather that’s formula fed or breast fed 😊
She seems dead set against formula.

This is 100% how I feel too! Feed your child whichever way you want but don’t act like a martyr because of it!

Reactions: 8
You’re in control of how others make you feel xxx

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.