Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Frogfrogfrog

VIP Member
See unless you do correct research on certain trusts you just end up assuming things. If anything were to go wrong in the pool a midwife is not allowed to lift ANYONE out of the pool, they have special flotation devices and hoists to assist.
To say a woman shouldn’t have a water birth just because it may be more difficult to get them out the pool is so discriminatory. Would you say the same about someone who was disabled?
Is that the case if you have a home water birth though? Presume that is just in hospital

I hope I do to! I was induced with my first and it was awful, I was told I HAD to be induced, so this time round I’m more defensive of being told what to do, my meeting to discuss my water birth is next week!
Yeah if you have to have your waters broke then be induced by the synt if the prostin doesn’t send you into labour naturally it’s really uncomfortable and contractions are so painful.

Can totally understand your reasoning behind this birth and hopefully the pool/pools are free 🙈 there’s only one in my trust and hardly gets used only for the latent stage 🙁

Blondetech

VIP Member
Lord here she goes with all the hypnobirthing again 🙄🙄
‘I just feel like it should be in antenatal classes or something’
Well when Bojo gives the NHS the 350m that was promised in Brexit il mention it to the RCM that we need hypnobirthing in our antenatal sessions that we run for new parents to be in our trust because ginger nips said so along with everything else we have to do.

Wish she would have this baby and shut the fuck up.
Absolutely yes to every word of this !!!

WhatABore

VIP Member
She usually does whatever we talk about on here and as we've been saying she should just enjoy the time and get off Instagram, she'll come back in a few days saying she decided to take some time to focus on Herbie and settling into life as a 4

I am *quite* large, ok, fucking massive and I was advised against it by my consultant. Partly because of the discomfort, likelihood of it not working and previous breech baby.

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
In my area they encourage home births to keep the numbers down. I was offered one and said no chance incase something goes wrong... and how glad I was of being in hospital in the end as the birth I had nearly killed us both.

I seem to remember she wanted a homebirth last time, but was advised against it because she’d gone so far over. She’s repeatedly said that she’s planning for a 42 week pregnancy again, I wonder if that means she’s given up hope of having the baby at home?

Huffchug

VIP Member
I breastfed my daughter but I’m certainly no expert, I just wonder why she’s pumping so much while he is so young?

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
QUOTE="Dandylion1, post: 719849, member: 26593"]
I’ve just seen that she said that she declined the 2 1/2 year review with the health visitor? Wow that is shocking surely that’s a flag for concern with the health visiting team?
I didn’t know you could decline anything to do with the health visitor why does she think she knows it all

Yeah you can decline things but it goes on record that you have declined it. Well, it did with me anyway. And I only declined a 'safety demonstration' 🤣🙄
They might send the social services around. That's what I was told

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
I breastfed my daughter but I’m certainly no expert, I just wonder why she’s pumping so much while he is so young?
I think if maybe he has a poor latch and isn’t getting the hind milk he won’t be getting the calories to make him gain the weight, so possibly she’s pumping to see exactly how much he’s taking at feeds, if her health visitor or gp has put her on this “brutal schedule” The trouble with that is that she’ll be getting peed off if he’s not on her boob, and getting used to the more easy flow of the bottle teat where he doesn't have to work as much for it! Only assuming this it could be a completely different problem why he’s not gaining the weight!