Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

itsnotmyfaulthonest

I had the ECV procedure at 38 weeks but it failed....baby did turn naturally a few days later though so my section got cancelled 😳 it was horrible, you get given an inhaler to try and relax you but it was still pretty awful. Had to be done by the consultant surgeon; they squeeze and press as hard as they can and it feels like they’re going to push the baby up through your chest 🤮 surgeon did tell me though that even if it worked there was a chance the baby may still move back. We got lucky!

Reactions: 1
I think the lie flat thing is to do with respiratory problems when babies are in the car seat for a long time. I can’t imagine it lasts that long??
Yeah I found this out with my first, they’re not supposed to be in a car seat for longer than 20 mins when they can’t control their own head. It always makes me cringe when I see new parents going into somewhere like Ikea with a newborn in a car seat

Wotsit

VIP Member
I can barely sleep sometimes with my husband in the bed, his snoring face and moving about 😂 never mind sleeping with two adults and being a child. No wonder she didn’t sleep through, she wasn’t given the right environment to settle well. The co sleeping was all for Phoebe’s benefit so she didn’t have to get up to feed her and didn’t have to make an effort to teach her how to soothe and sleep safely and well.
Exactly this. I don't like co sleeping as I like my own space and couldn't Think of owt worse than a child taken up half my side of the bed. It's also cruel on the child when you decide to kick them out into their own room. As you say they haven't had to self soothe and when all they have ever known is sleeping with someone, course they are going to struggle getting to sleep. I can't sleep properly if my husband isn't on the other side of me and he says the same when I'm not there. You can't expect an 18 month / 2 year old to understand it.

insta(sham)

Why feebs wants, feebs gets. Of course she doesn’t listen to professionals. She knows it all!
They are very strict on the criteria for homebirth (transferred into hospital with first due to complications but no 2 was born at home) they go therough the criteria with you and you have to sign to say you accept it. There is a fairly long list of things that have to be correct for it to be allowed and healthy BMI is one of them. If you refused to go into hospital when they time came then they have to come to you as cannot allow a free birth to knowingly happen but that would be incredibly selfish.

I seem to remember she wanted a homebirth last time, but was advised against it because she’d gone so far over. She’s repeatedly said that she’s planning for a 42 week pregnancy again, I wonder if that means she’s given up hope of having the baby at home?
this is correct - they will only deliver at home if when you go into labour you are between 37 and 41 weeks. The chances of complications are higher if you are under or over and so will not allow it unless of course you refuse to go to hospital as per my
other post.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Feebs is clearly expecting a super speedy delivery. They say to eat dates 6 weeks before due date. Feebs has been doing it her whole pregnancy 😂

Sven

VIP Member
I don’t get the battle with the clothes? My daughter is 4 weeks younger than Vespar and Iv never had a battle with her?! I choose what shes wearing then I get her dressed, she’s never refused or demanded she wears something else? Maybe mine just isn’t interested in fashion yet 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️
So glad she’s becoming a bit of a handful though after allll the smugness lately 🙊
Oh my god my 2.5 year old is a devil when it comes to clothes. She would wear princess dresses and wellies only for a good week. Even if she picks it out, she still doesn’t WANT to get dressed. It’s a battle every day, twice a day. I just have to grab her and basically force her!

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
QUOTE="Dandylion1, post: 719849, member: 26593"]
I’ve just seen that she said that she declined the 2 1/2 year review with the health visitor? Wow that is shocking surely that’s a flag for concern with the health visiting team?
I didn’t know you could decline anything to do with the health visitor why does she think she knows it all

Yeah you can decline things but it goes on record that you have declined it. Well, it did with me anyway. And I only declined a 'safety demonstration' 🤣🙄

Well she won’t have a leg to stand on in terms of medical negligence because she has filled the PUBLIC DOMAIN with shit like “ignore the doctors” “do what you want” “you know your body”

Mum123

VIP Member
Because doctors are not always right! What’s best for one woman isn’t what’s best for another. It’s her body and she can choose to give birth how she wants, it’s literally her human right. That goes for every woman, we don’t have to sit down and shut up like the good little girls we are.

Everyone wants a safe and happy baby but our own choices and rights do not become irrelevant because of this.

why would you think she would put her baby in danger? No one in their right mind would put their baby in danger.
this is my whole point 🙄 really don’t get why she’s kicking up such a fuss and doesn’t just get on with it, arguing against everything. Must be exhausting. Don’t know what her issue is with professionals and why she doesn’t trust them it’s quite scary to be honest how she thinks she knows better. Iv never once heard her say at what point she will listen and accept help if she needs to she seems very stubborn so that’s what makes me think that. Because she thinks she doesn’t need to listen and knows best. That could easily put her life in danger, no?!

Itsthestory

She might be trying to "walk" the baby out so she doesn't go overdue and need to have an induction after all 🤷🏼‍♀️