Phoebe Court @swfeebs #2 Want a lecture? You're in the right place, brace yourself for a boob in the face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker but I had to register to reply to this!

I did NCT with my first baby & was all set for a nice quiet birth, but then I got pre-eclampsia & they wanted to induce me at 36/37w. I had my little NCT card they gave me with a couple of questions to ask such as ā€œWhat happens if I donā€™t have the inductionā€. The answer was basically ā€œyour liver & kidneys arenā€™t working so you will die & so will your babyā€. When faced with that, you gotta go with what the medical professionals suggest (I ended up with 2 pessaries, sweeps, the prodding thing to break waters, syntocin drip then epis & forceps under a spinal block). I felt so guilty & wasnā€™t well afterwards looking back.

I had a much more positive birth experience 3 years later (I only had 2nd child so soon due to my age šŸ˜¬) which is down to luck I think. Itā€™s luck either way.

I donā€™t get turning down the reviews. The Tories got in not long after I had my first child & shut down all the childrens centres in our town - Iā€™d have loved to have had a HV to speak to let alone a 1y or 2/2.5y review! No-one saw my second child, professionally I mean, until she started preschool.

Reactions: 4
" trying to capture" that" bump shop"
What is "that" bump shot? The one you post every single day of your pregnancy? šŸ¤” Wonder how many she takes that she doesn't post throughout yhd day cause she's already posted 6.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had to unfollow her ages ago, because I just find her sanctimonious and smug! Just been reading through this thread though and I canā€™t believe she hasnā€™t told vesper that sheā€™s about to become a big sister. The switch up from one baby to two is so difficult, wonder how smug sheā€™ll be feeling in a few months time šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
I had to unfollow her ages ago, because I just find her sanctimonious and smug! Just been reading through this thread though and I canā€™t believe she hasnā€™t told vesper that sheā€™s about to become a big sister. The switch up from one baby to two is so difficult, wonder how smug sheā€™ll be feeling in a few months time šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
She has told her. I think she said she didnā€™t want to tell her too early as toddlers donā€™t really understand the concept of time when it comes to months

Reactions: 2
I don't know why it annoys me but why if she's wearing something loose fitting, she has to hold her clothes against her bump so we know it's there šŸ™„ WE KNOW YOU ARE PREGNANT!

• Haha
I don't know why it annoys me but why if she's wearing something loose fitting, she has to hold her clothes against her bump so we know it's there šŸ™„ WE KNOW YOU ARE PREGNANT!
Sheā€™s a bore. I bet its likely because sheā€™s put on weight and when in loose clothes and theyā€™re hanging sheā€™ll just look overweight with a belly hidden amongst the baggy clothes as opposed to pregnant with a bump

Reactions: 4
My newborn didnā€™t sleep. Ever. She had colic. And reflux. I had debilitating PND. Reading stuff like that used to push me over the edge - I felt like everyone was better than me, everyone was judging me, what was I doing wrong, and how my daughter would be better off without me and everyone would be happy I was gone. She is being so massively irresponsible.
Same. And even now sheā€™s two she doesnā€™t sleep. Reflux colic and CMPA ruined the experience for me.

Same. And even now sheā€™s two she doesnā€™t sleep. Reflux colic and CMPA ruined the experience for me.
Totally. It was completely and utterly tit. I remember thinking whatā€™s wrong with me, why arenā€™t I enjoying this like everyone else?

Totally. It was completely and utterly tit. I remember thinking whatā€™s wrong with me, why arenā€™t I enjoying this like everyone else?
And this is why mummy blogs are dangerous. Unrealistic expectations about motherhood. God. I had to replace my sofa due to it being ruined by infant vomit. You donā€™t see that on Instagram! šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 3
And this is why mummy blogs are dangerous. Unrealistic expectations about motherhood. God. I had to replace my sofa due to it being ruined by infant vomit. You donā€™t see that on Instagram! šŸ™ˆ
Tell me about it!! I did have to remove them all and thankfully were out the other side.

Reactions: 1
Same unflattering dress to group this morning that she wore last night. Iā€™m all for wearing something again if only had it on a few hours but it looks like sheā€™s slept in it!

• Sick
  • Wow
I gave birth 7 days ago and had the most horrific experience. I was convinced I would have a water birth, no pain relief and had been praticising hypnobirthing but my plans had to change when I found out my daughter was back to back 3 days before I delivered. The pain was indescribable and I had to have an epidural at 6cms as I couldn't go on. My daughter got stuck at 9.5cms for hours and when I reached 10, pushing didn't do anything. I was rushed to theatre for forceps and now a week later my episiotomy stitches have split and I have a nasty infection so will be on meds for a while and healing will be long and slow. I thought I had the perfect labour in the bag but it didn't work out like that. I really hope Pheebs has a safe delivery but her naivety knows no bounds. Positive thinking will NOT save you from life threatening and horrible experiences while in labour.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I gave birth 7 days ago and had the most horrific experience. I was convinced I would have a water birth, no pain relief and had been praticising hypnobirthing but my plans had to change when I found out my daughter was back to back 3 days before I delivered. The pain was indescribable and I had to have an epidural at 6cms as I couldn't go on. My daughter got stuck at 9.5cms for hours and when I reached 10, pushing didn't do anything. I was rushed to theatre for forceps and now a week later my episiotomy stitches have split and I have a nasty infection so will be on meds for a while and healing will be long and slow. I thought I had the perfect labour in the bag but it didn't work out like that. I really hope Pheebs has a safe delivery but her naivety knows no bounds. Positive thinking will NOT save you from life threatening and horrible experiences while in labour.
Goodness me you poor love, that sounds rough. I had similar with my first but he was stuck, not back to back. You WILL heal in time but itā€™s bloody scary, isnā€™t it? I did hypnobirthing second time (as I was so traumatised by first birth!) Rest up as much as you can xx

Preach! I had my baby 3 weeks ago and ended up in emergency theatre also. Birth plan was out of the window and went nothing like Iā€™d planned. There is no where at all that I wouldnā€™t have listened to the amazing doctors and midwives who were looking after me all because ginger tits says so.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Preach! I had my baby 3 weeks ago and ended up in emergency theatre also. Birth plan was out of the window and went nothing like Iā€™d planned. There is no where at all that I wouldnā€™t have listened to the amazing doctors and midwives who were looking after me all because ginger tits says so.
Weā€™re gonna be seeing those ginger tits again real soon šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®

• Sick
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.