Phoebe Court #23 She’s making a list, she’s checking it twice, money saving tips, who needs her advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2BFEF68B-F011-4494-B1E0-83D77CF49D3A.jpeg

Sorry maybe im missing something - is it actually cheaper to run a dehumidifier for all those hours than just to use a tumble drier? I don’t get it
I know this is averages but it’s roughly 34p per load of laundry for a tumble drier but 95p for her dehumidifier?
I don’t get it

Attachments

Reactions: 3
View attachment 1721630

Sorry maybe im missing something - is it actually cheaper to run a dehumidifier for all those hours than just to use a tumble drier? I don’t get it
I know this is averages but it’s roughly 34p per load of laundry for a tumble drier but 95p for her dehumidifier?
I don’t get it
She's doing that and putting it on every night. She said before that the whole room of stuff was dry in 4 hours. So why is she leaving it on all night when she's supposed to be saving money?
That's costing her £25+ a month!

Especially for this little amount. Like you say, would be much cheaper in a tumble dryer!

It just seems to be her new obsession.

The dehumidifier website said it "costs as little as 15p per hour"
So it actually cost her around £1.20?

I noticed when she worked out the price before that she put it down as 300kw but its actually 450kw

She's doing that and putting it on every night. She said before that the whole room of stuff was dry in 4 hours. So why is she leaving it on all night when she's supposed to be saving money?
That's costing her £25+ a month!

Especially for this little amount. Like you say, would be much cheaper in a tumble dryer!

It just seems to be her new obsession.

The dehumidifier website said it "costs as little as 15p per hour"
So it actually cost her around £1.20?

I noticed when she worked out the price before that she put it down as 300kw but its actually 450kw
Yeah I really don’t see the point in spending money on a dehumidifier then as it’s really not saving any money is it?

I may regret it later on the winter but I am using my tumble dryer for everything still, I set a timer to get it out whilst it just finished (it's in an outhouse so if left for too long it feels damp again and needs another 30 mins) but I also have a dehumidifier. Worked out the cost difference and it takes nearly 12 hours with dehumidifier for a whole load which makes pretty much no price difference and using the dryer means I can do more than one load a day!

She's playing (badly) at being poor and trying to appeal, which is tit when she clearly doesn't struggle.

Reactions: 13
Why is she doing crafts with the kids in the morning and then wonders why she’s late getting them to school? 🤣

Reactions: 21
Still thinking she breastfeed Herb.
Saying he was wide awake at 10 to 5 but then went back to sleep when she got in with him.

Also I've noticed she never announces winners of these competitions she's doing?
Does she actually give the stuff away or is it all just for follows and comments ?

Reactions: 8
Why can't she just read with her kid and practice some writing? Always has to be so extra. Her life is driven by consumption in every sense. head.

Reactions: 16
Who are the 72% of people who said it was fine for her to do the school run in her pajamas 🤮 have a shower and get changed you smelly lump

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Do people actually do crafts before school???
Maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t think of anything worse 🙈🙈

Reactions: 17
If you are slicing up fruit for your kids how do you 'forget' to slice a bit extra for yourself. She's bloody mad, even more so for sharing such a stupid thing with the world!

Reactions: 10
Thank you!!! I was like ermmmmmm what?

I may regret it later on the winter but I am using my tumble dryer for everything still, I set a timer to get it out whilst it just finished (it's in an outhouse so if left for too long it feels damp again and needs another 30 mins) but I also have a dehumidifier. Worked out the cost difference and it takes nearly 12 hours with dehumidifier for a whole load which makes pretty much no price difference and using the dryer means I can do more than one load a day!

She's playing (badly) at being poor and trying to appeal, which is tit when she clearly doesn't struggle.
Agreed! Ours is indoors and so we run it overnight as it’s cheaper rates. We put it on a timer so it finishes at 6am and then it’s ready when we wake up

Reactions: 6
It will definitely be cheaper to run a tumble dryer for a bit - especially if you have one with a sensor! I put my things on an airer overnight and then just finish off in the dryer. It really doesn’t take that long. She’s thick as mince. 🙄
Also, get a shower and fresh clothes for the school run you scabby Tudor. Show your kids some standards. Oh wait………..😳

Another vote here for just using the tumble drier. I mean, I still try to hang outside when I can, but dehumidifiers aren't cheap to buy. The initial outlay is way more than just using the tumbler - though if you already have one, maybe I could understand the logic.
Also, I work from home on Fridays but have to drop mini Pillows at her childminder. I could easily do it in my pyjamas but I wouldn't because what kind of example does that set 😬

No, couldn’t think of anything more stress inducing! And at Parents Evening I’ve been told my 4 year olds fine motor skills need improving but he just isn’t interested 🤣 should I get play doh and Lego out before school and give myself a heart attack before 7am? X

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Another vote here for just using the tumble drier. I mean, I still try to hang outside when I can, but dehumidifiers aren't cheap to buy. The initial outlay is way more than just using the tumbler - though if you already have one, maybe I could understand the logic.
Also, I work from home on Fridays but have to drop mini Pillows at her childminder. I could easily do it in my pyjamas but I wouldn't because what kind of example does that set 😬
It seems that the time using the dehumidifier costs way more than the time using a tumble dryer though 🤷🏻‍♀️
Even if you exclude the initial cost.

Yes if you compare say, 6 hours of each, then the tumble dryer is more per hour, which is what she seems to be comparing. But it takes way less time in the tumble dryer.

Reactions: 4
It’s such a massive time and space to use the dehumidifier - great if you’ve got both but for the average working household this just is not feasible.

Reactions: 2
I've got the same dehumidifier as she has - I wasn't influenced as got it way before her 🤣 but it is great and has revolutionised my life.

But I don't use the tumble dryer for drying clothes and was finding I couldn't keep up with washing as it was taking too long to dry.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.