Phillip Schofield #8 Latest news

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree...and they don’t seem to be doing a very good job of managing the crisis either. Correct managing of the crisis would be to come clean. Instead, the wall of silence has generated and fuelled here, Twitter and beyond.
Last Friday, if he had added that he has been having a relationship with a colleague, alleged blah blah, but he realised it was inappropriate then it would probably be last week’s chip paper as they say by now. 30k a month misspent. Honesty is free. The crisis must be covering up a lot more than a relationship.
The silence has created a massive online investigation by the general public into what the f is going on

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He is still working at ITV going by the Loose Women credits

He is not working on the Dancing On Program any longer though, so where he had two jobs there, now he only has one, I don't know if he's had to take a paycut, but I imagine he would have.
I can totally see why he would be upset then, I wonder what his reaction was and why he is keeping quiet as I don’t think that would be injunction worthy

Reactions: 2
Sorry I've missed a few posts so not sure if this has been addressed? A Twitter poster by the name of The Shameless Mask (I think?) was very active and had also posted here. His Twitter account seems to have vanished, does anyone know what happened? x
His posts were OTT libelwise.

Reactions: 3
I’ve always loved Kim, she just comes across as so real and raw. The whole Colleen thing at the time you could see how manipulative she was in getting everyone to feel sorry for her when Kim was the real victim. These smarmy smiley fakes are all around us.
Bloody LOVE Kim. Bet’s she’s pissing herself now 😂. Karma at its finest 🙏🏻

The silence has created a massive online investigation by the general public into what the f is going on
It has been managed very well as neither side speaking about it, which virtually makes it impossible to report, Matthew has been to IPSO asking for privacy, non harassment and I expect NDA and confidence clauses (ie not talking about working relationship) have all been wrapped up. All banked.

I must admit I was surprised that he gave the sun the exclusive but it all makes sense if they were the ones threatening to expose him.
That is a good point, the fact that he gave his exclusive to the Sun, this could indicate that the Sun may have had a story they were going with about Phil, but they came to an agreement if he did an exclusive they wouldn't run their original story??

Reactions: 6
He was actually let go eventually because of the tabloid pictures of him snorting cocaine, which is rife in that industry. Until that point, they were very much supporting him until convicted of something. The pics were the straw that broke the camels back I think.
Oh ok, for a man with a job on day time TV, it was really stupid of him to be photographed doing that. I always remembered it that he was off the show straight after Wright named him, but maybe the pictures came out at the same time then and just seemed to me it was because of what Wright said.

Strange how people have highly paid, well sought after jobs they're lucky to be in, then risk their positions openly doing things which cause them to lose that lucky position. Almost psychopathic in how they're arrogant to risk it.

It has been managed very well as neither side speaking about it, which virtually makes it impossible to report, Matthew has been to IPSO asking for privacy, non harassment and I expect NDA and confidence clauses (ie not talking about working relationship) have all been wrapped up. All banked.
I wouldn't say it's been managed well from the perspective of saving Phillip Schofield's career.

For keeping everything under wraps, yes that has been handled quite well, although people have been digging and managed to get a lot of information out that PS and his crisis team probably didn't expect.

Wonder if ITV knew that women would be safe around PS, that's why they hired him after JL had to leave ? :unsure:

Reactions: 12
Strange how people have highly paid, well sought after jobs they're lucky to be in, then risk their positions openly doing things which cause them to lose that lucky position. Almost psychopathic in how they're arrogant to risk it.
I think it may be linked....people who reach those positions probably did so taking a few risks, then they get a bit of fame, the behaviour continues.

I think most celebs probably have borderline tendencies.

Reactions: 5
Who is Gary Lucy?
No one now...at one point a bit of a heart throb in Hollyoaks, if I remember correctly.

My friend 'snogged' him in a club once. It was a 'normal' nightclub, and she was paid to dance (fully, though skimpily dressed) to get the crowd on their feet. She told me that a reporter from The Sun turned up at her day job to ask her to sell her story, and she turned them down.

Some lukewarm tea for you all on a Saturday afternoon! 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What about New Zealand?
Made his Television debut down there. Wikipedia gives his citizenship as United Kingdom / NewZealand. NZ citizenship possibly made gaining employment down there easier ? Barrymore also chose to work down there. PS or others may have advised him it was his best option ?

I do hope that this sickening case is fully investigated, and I look forward to the day that anyone guilty of vile and predatory behaviour is seen in court in the same manner as Max Clifford, Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall et al.

As for Phillip Schofield, he of course is innocent until proven guilty. But on a human level, he must be a much diminished figure in the eyes of his two daughters. That in itself is a devastating burden to bear. His wife and older relatives may have known more of his lifestyle over the years, but I would imagine his relationship with his daughters will never be the same again. That alone would lead any decent person to carry a level of guilt that will weigh heavily on them for a lifetime. Whether or not formal charges follow if any illegality is uncovered, his sentence at a personal level has already been handed down. The game is up for Phil, the idyllic lifestyle has been proven to be fake, and it is his daughters who will find that hardest to come to terms with.
I have read that one of PS daughters is his manager she also manages a couple of others too. Cant remember where I read it though!

I’m a pretty relaxed person and not generally inclined to believe most internet gossip or indulge in conspiracy theories, but the most damning thing for me in this case is the lack of response from Schofield’s ITV colleagues.

Take Piers Morgan for example. He’s been tweeting away regularly every day since this story broke and people have been tweeting him directly with the allegations and asking him for the truth. It would take him all of two minutes to completely end this by saying “I’m aware of the scurrilous rumours circulating about my friend Philip and I can tell you unequivocally that there is NO GAGGING ORDER and no foundation to these disgusting lies. I’m sorry to have to even address such rubbish and all of those giving credence to this nonsense should be ashamed of themselves”.

So where is that denial? From any of them? The silence is deafening. If my mate was having these kinds of stories circulating and I knew them to be untrue I wouldn’t keep silent about it.

Popbitch suggested that the lack of MSM stories was more likely down to editors being wary of breaching bullying or invasion of privacy guidelines than the existence of a gagging order, but that doesn’t tally with the absence of denials elsewhere. For me, Morgan is saying everything that he can. By saying absolutely nothing at all.

On a separate but sort of related note, I saw a random user on Twitter earlier state that “philip schofield never dated an 18 year old it came out that it was fake”. When asked where this statement came from, their response was “dunno him or someone from his college said it wasn’t real and then everyone just forgot about it”. If that’s the best refutation that people inclined to disbelieve the rumours can come up with, they’ve been left clutching at straws.
This. I find Morgan’s silence, speaks volumes. He is usually so outspoken.

Reactions: 14
Oh ok, for a man with a job on day time TV, it was really stupid of him to be photographed doing that. I always remembered it that he was off the show straight after Wright named him, but maybe the pictures came out at the same time then and just seemed to me it was because of what Wright said.

I think personally as they progress up the ranks, they do get a certain arrogance that they are untouchable, which as we have seen, they arent!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.