Phillip Schofield #38 You can watch a thief, but you can't watch a liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s concerning that Eamonn seems worried about MM 😞

But loved the interview, thanks Eamonn.

PS has been further outed. TM needs independent investigation.

They have a huge duty of care to MM. And HW needs to be out ASAP!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Went to bed and come back to an entire thread to catch up on!
I reckon it’s Gloria- according to this article he used to go out with the lovely Caron Keating.

Can’t see it as Christine as she used to be a production manager so knows what it’s like to be behind the scenes so to speak. Plus, she’s got it quite cushty doing the occasional lorraine show and being lampards wife. Doesn’t strike me as an elbows out desperate for her own show kind of person. She had that on the one show and left after all.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Think I must be missing something so would be grateful if someone could explain. Why do people think Eamonn & Ruth knew?

1. Eamonn said in his interview with Dan that he "learned subsequently" i.e. after the fact.
2. He and Ruth never worked at TM on the same day as PS so they would not see PS and MM together to see any obvious signs
3. He said he noticed that MM would arrive at the studio earlier than him on a Friday morning, but at the time didn't know where he was arriving from (PS apartment)
4. Ruth's complaint was about PS rude behaviour, not anything to do with MM
5. They looked after MM who was in a bad way, but didn't know why he was in a bad way
6. R&E are probably not Tattlers or even fussed about looking at any gossip on social media, life's short, especially when you reach a certain age, they probably have far better things to do
7. It's not unusual that people watch what they say around 'older' people to show them respect, I doubt the crew gossiped with them (they were probably just relieved to see and work with them after 4 days of stepping on eggshells around toxic PS).
8. I don't think R&E were present at the event where MM professed his love to PS and PS had him removed

What makes people think R&E knew?

• Heart
Reactions: 140
Just my tuppence worth but if mm was let go from this morning & lawyers organised an ndc, wouldn't that in itself be an admission of guilt for something. If you're 'promoted' at work you don't normally sign an ndc to move up the ladder. So who arranged & paid for the solicitors & ndc? Was it Phillip, ymu or itv. If ymu or itv that says to me they knew something needed covering up.
I don't know about these things but also would they not see or hold a copy of signed document for their own records?

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Gloria’s son in law is russ Lindsay who owns the agency (carons widower)
but I do not think it’s Gloria, surely too long in the tooth / doesn’t need door opening for her / has made her name?

Reactions: 29
Just my tuppence worth but if mm was let go from this morning & lawyers organised an ndc, wouldn't that in itself be an admission of guilt for something. If you're 'promoted' at work you don't normally sign an ndc to move up the ladder. So who arranged & paid for the solicitors & ndc? Was it Phillip, ymu or itv. If ymu or itv that says to me they knew something needed covering up.
I don't know about these things but also would they not see or hold a copy of signed document for their own records?
Records are a good shout. Does ITV come under Freedom of Information Act? Maybe not if it's not a public authority. However MM can (and should) submit a Subject Access Request for a copy of all of his personal data that ITV hold about him including notes from of any meetings in which he was discussed, mentions of him in any emails (including any pseudonyms or terms used to refer to him e.g. MM). Hopefully his lawyers are on it. It gets harder to do it the longer you are away from a workplace.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Read this person's tweets and replies. He's been tweeting about it since 2020 and at one time was in the business in some background position. And way down in his tweets/replies it shows MM at 17 was dating another older guy (not PS old, but older, a family friend of the Ms).
And I have to do a deeper dive, but it appears Schofield is friends with that guy too, or knows him. His name is Simon.

Simon wasn't dating MM, he was in a long-term relationship with Bethany who he is married to now. She's the one who took the picture of SS and MM.
Also Simon used to date MM's older sister Alice.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
5. They looked after MM who was in a bad way, but didn't know why he was in a bad way

What makes people think R&E knew?
Personally this rings bells for me.

EH said RL was closer to MM than he was.
That’s fine. But it’s not a stretch to inquire either directly with the person you are close with, or with people around you, as to what may be wrong.

I understand that they didn’t want to pry but it’s this bit that makes me think ignorance is bliss (coupled with the fact that PS’s sexuality was an open secret in the industry with even cameramen apparently well aware).

Reactions: 11
Eugh simon s starring in broke back mountain with MM lookalike. Photo of him with mm and title the look of love
SS is a producer or some kind on Brokeback mountain . The 2 actors in that poster are , as the poster says , Mike Faist and Lucas Hedges .

Reactions: 8
What is it that people thought Eamonn and Ruth should’ve done, that they didn’t do?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Gloria’s son in law is russ Lindsay who owns the agency (carons widower)
but I do not think it’s Gloria, surely too long in the tooth / doesn’t need door opening for her / has made her name?
I’m sure they fell out when he remarried quite quickly after Caron’s passing.

Reactions: 13
I’m sure they fell out when he remarried quite quickly after Caron’s passing.
I think she tried to accept it for the sake of her Grandchildren, and staying in touch with them.
I can actually believe that she may still be friendly with Philip.
She’s also quite friendly with Cliff,and I’m in the no smoke without fire camp where he’s concerned, too!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Personally this rings bells for me.

EH said RL was closer to MM than he was.
That’s fine. But it’s not a stretch to inquire either directly with the person you are close with, or with people around you, as to what may be wrong.

I understand that they didn’t want to pry but it’s this bit that makes me think ignorance is bliss (coupled with the fact that PS’s sexuality was an open secret in the industry with even cameramen apparently well aware).
Thanks for responding to my question 😊 I see your point. But for me it's also not a stretch that a groomed young person (18 may be legal but is still young/immature, and we know MM attended the 2Faced theatre company for vulnerable youths) would also be groomed into 'keeping secrets'. PS could have easily said things to him like "If anyone finds out about this ITV will have to let you go".

And without enough pieces of a jigsaw to add together, I think R&E would be respectful enough of MM to not discuss his alleged concerning behaviour with other colleagues, but speak only with MM directly to offer their support.

I guess the only people who really know the truth are MM, R&E.

But R&E seem to have integrity and seem to be honest and professional by all accounts. I can't see them sitting on something like this if they knew, unlike HW.

Also knowing about one colleague's sexuality probably isn't enough information to have linked it to MM's personal issues. JMO though.

(Edited to break up a big chunk of text)

Last edited:
Reactions: 48
Why did Eamonn emphasise Mathew needing a lot of money?
Very curious.

Reactions: 43
Charlene didn’t join LW until 2021 and wouldn’t have been part of the show during the time period Eamonn was talking about. This poll is missing other women who were on the show at the time (eg, Katie Price, Saira, Andrea).
Trust me - I katie price had any idea about this she would have sold it to the highest buidder before she'd even got out of the studio lift!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Thanks for responding to my question 😊 I see your point. But for me it's also not a stretch that a groomed young person (18 may be legal but is still young/immature, and we know he attended the 2Faced theatre company for vulnerable youths) would also be groomed into 'keeping secrets'. PS could have easily said things to him like "If anyone finds out about this ITV will have to let you go". And without enough pieces of a jigsaw to add together, I think R&E would be respectful enough of MM to not discuss his alleged concerning behaviour with other colleagues. I guess the only people who really know the truth are MM, R&E. But R&E seem to have integrity and seem to be honest and professional by all accounts. I can't see them sitting on something like this if they knew, unlike HW.
Absolutely agree.
You can like and be concerned for someone without knowing every detail of their private life.
Ruth and Eamonn’s main problem with PS was his rudeness.
She was offended by him cutting her off. EH is the type to take against someone being rude to his wife.
PS and Holly are said to have both been rude and ignorant, but PS rude and abrasive enough for people to avoid passing him in the corridors. I can believe this; I’ve had colleagues that I’ve steered clear of.
At the same time, PS has supposed to have turned on MM, being especially rude to him, and having him removed from the show - allegedly.
Ruth and Eamonn are also ditched - allegedly because they were beginning to be vocal about their dislike of PS.
I don’t find it unbelievable that others have become more free with what they’ve gossiped to Ruth and/or Eamonn about, once they realised how much they disliked PS.
And at this stage someone may have told one or both of them about the affair, the taxis and the Thursday nights.
Just my take on it, anyway. I’m sure more will come out in due course.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
So, so many people complicit in all of this. Clearly nobody had a moral compass.
Eamonn Holmes is talking now, but like people are pointing out, he knew too and didn't say anything because he wanted to keep his job. He has nothing to lose now and he's singing like a bird.
It's all so crazy!!
This. I’ve just read he knew they went out together on Thursdays!!! Well if itv wouldn’t listen to him surely you’d be a responsible adult and inform the police right!?!! Even anonymously?
I don’t really appreciate him speaking up to be honest 😂 too little too late. The damage is done to the poor victim here. 😣

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.