Phillip Schofield #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I acknowledge all of your well-made points. As with yourself, I would imagine that (hopefully) everyone on this forum is on the same page as you with regard to this having absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality. Where views may part is on the weight that others will put on his apparent duplicity, the deal done with The Sun, the apparent attempt to comprehensively shutdown any UK-based mainstream media and online commentary, the questionable night-time activities online with teenagers at 2am, and the subsequent professional and personal relationship(s) that resulted. When people smell that something is not right, it is natural that they will investigate further and seek some truth. If there is nothing more to this, I will be the first to hold my hands up and think to myself that I have learnt a lesson in life. As things stand, my instinct tells me that there is considerably more to be unearthed in this case.
With the media and the deal done with The Sun, this stuff happens all the time. Yes it's duplicitous but it's so common I don't think it even warrants a conversation beyond acknowledging that and moving on.
I am totally with you about talking to teenagers at 2am and any questionable relationships should be questioned. You would hope that ITV are advising and checking in regularly.

Whilst someone's sexuality is private and their own business it's unfortunate that he has kept it a secret for all these years because he's made it all a bit mysterious. It was certainly inferred that he had been living some kind of sexless existence his whole married life as he battled with his desires and I'd stake everything I own on that not being the case. Naturally people are wondering what he's been upto (unless you're my mum and believe everything he says). He may not have a predilection for younger men - he might like older men, bears, men his own age... But I think some people have made this leap following the news about MM. We don't actually know what went on with MM remember. I just urge some people on this thread to take a step back and remain objective.

Reactions: 4
Do people genuinely think Phil's wife had no idea he was gay before he told her? I think she knew all along and was a willing participant in a lavender marriage.

Reactions: 17
With the media and the deal done with The Sun, this stuff happens all the time. Yes it's duplicitous but it's so common I don't think it even warrants a conversation beyond acknowledging that and moving on.
I am totally with you about talking to teenagers at 2am and any questionable relationships should be questioned. You would hope that ITV are advising and checking in regularly.

Whilst someone's sexuality is private and their own business it's unfortunate that he has kept it a secret for all these years because he's made it all a bit mysterious. It was certainly inferred that he had been living some kind of sexless existence his whole married life as he battled with his desires and I'd stake everything I own on that not being the case. Naturally people are wondering what he's been upto (unless you're my mum and believe everything he says). He may not have a predilection for younger men - he might like older men, bears, men his own age... But I think some people have made this leap following the news about MM. We don't actually know what went on with MM remember. I just urge some people on this thread to take a step back and remain objective.
Well I can confirm one thing beyond doubt ..... I am not your Mum. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do people genuinely think Phil's wife had no idea he was gay before he told her? I think she knew all along and was a willing participant in a lavender marriage.
No of course not, she knew. It’s ludicrous to think that many people in the entertainment industry and media knew PS to be gay yet his closest confidante didn’t?
not on your nelly

as I said previously lavender marriages were all the rage in the Golden age of Hollywood, see Rock Hudson marrying his secretary etc, i naively thought there wasnt a need for such thing nowadays.

Well I can confirm one thing beyond doubt ..... I am not your Mum. :D
You never know, you might be getting a knock soon from Nicky Campbell informing you this is true!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Are you saying that MM approached PS first? We've seen MM's response to PS following him on Twitter - something like 'thanks for following me, how are you?'. What I'm wondering is, did PS see the video of MM singing which included his Twitter address and then get in touch with him. MM was 15 at the time.
Yes but we don't know if MM followed him first, they may have even met before that? It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I think it's on this thread, there was a comment from a lawyer on twitter or something who basically said that MM had become a bit obsessive and had blackmailed/threatened PS. That there was no huge romance but maybe a bit of one(?) and... You know the rest. What do you think of that narrative?

The problem with PS And all the other creeps that end up with sleazy reputations is they get all too cosy,feet under the table..he thinks he is untouchable now,as others have said dont feel sorry for his wife,she is not some mousy timid doll she was obviously quite happy to live in his Fantasy,groans and noises coming from the cellar as she completed the crossword in Take a Break

Reactions: 8
Yes but we don't know if MM followed him first, they may have even met before that? It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I think it's on this thread, there was a comment from a lawyer on twitter or something who basically said that MM had become a bit obsessive and had blackmailed/threatened PS. That there was no huge romance but maybe a bit of one(?) and... You know the rest. What do you think of that narrative?
To that narrative I say 'well he would say that, wouldn't he'

To that narrative I would say 'well he would say that, wouldn't he'
I don't know who he is to be fair, I don't think he was connected, except to say that I'm sure he confirmed there was no legal media block as such. It definitely made me think twice though (about the narrative).

Yes but we don't know if MM followed him first, they may have even met before that?

I believe that they were pictured together when MM was 10(?). Beyond being in the same room, to what extent they ‘met’ or interacted I do not know. Not asserting that this has any relevance beyond addressing your question.

Another way to look at is, he has never said he was straight (like Jason Donovan did), his actions made us think he was straight. So more fool us. What concerns me is, we have all seen and read all the rumors. Schofield has not made any comment (maybe silence is the best policy), so if he is prepared to put up with all this, and still insist on an injunction how bad is the actual truth.

Reactions: 9
I believe that they were pictured together when MM was 10(?). Beyond being in the same room, to what extent they ‘met’ or interacted I do not know. Not asserting that this has any relevance beyond addressing your question.

The fact that PS was a patron of MM's school seems a bit shady as well as the other stuff.

Reactions: 6
Another way to look at is, he has never said he was straight (like Jason Donovan did), his actions made us think he was straight. So more fool us. What concerns me is, we have all seen and read all the rumors. Schofield has not made any comment (maybe silence is the best policy), so if he is prepared to put up with all this, and still insist on an injunction how bad is the actual truth.
Not strictly true, one of his interviews the reporter brought up the rumours of him being gay and he said this wasn’t true. Sorry I can’t remember which magazine but pretty sure it’s been on one of these previous threads.

The "be kind" phrase does my head in too! It's being widely used on Facebook profile photos :sick: I detest virtue-signalling gimmicks like these where we are told what to think, how to act and what to say :mad:
Oh yes me too.
Does anyone know why all the threads were shut down on digital spy?
Anyone not admiring Phil's 'bravery' were accused of homophobia by posters who seemed to be obsessed with it. I think that most people couldn't care less about him being gay but felt sorry for his wife and the fact that some sort of cover up took place regarding a certain young man.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Matthew McGreevy pictured at The Ivy in Spinningfields, Manchester on the 25th Feb (a Tuesday). He can't be working on Loose Women that's for sure. He's definitely been let go. But what a bloody shame this young lad has had to lose out on his career and Phillip Schofield gets to sit in his top job off the back of damage control and a big PR stunt that's brainwashed the nation into thinking he's some precious presenter and kind man. No one knows what happened for certain between these two and we can't say the sun shines out of Matt's arse. But I still side with him rather than Phillip when it comes to this situation!

Also - everyone keeps sharing the picture of Matthew McGreevy pictured with Phillip Schofield at The Two Faced Theatre Co. But why are we no longer talking about Simon Schofield. Simon was first in a relationship with Matt as pictured together on Simon's instagram which has now been deleted. But Simon is also pictured with Matt's twin sister Lizzie who's a Police Officer with Greater Manchester Police. She's actually seen in the picture with Phillip Schofield.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

I take your point about balance and not assuming there was a romantic involvement, but how does that explain things mentioned and evidenced on previous threads such as MM going onstage at the awards ceremony? There are lots of privileges that have been discussed over the past 10 threads he could only have had through a close relationship with PS which does not fit the ‘stalker’ narrative.

Reactions: 10
Matthew McGreevy pictured at The Ivy in Spinningfields, Manchester on the 25th Feb (a Tuesday). He can't be working on Loose Women that's for sure. He's definitely been let go. But what a bloody shame this young lad has had to lose out on his career and Phillip Schofield gets to sit in his top job off the back of damage control and a big PR stunt that's brainwashed the nation into thinking he's some precious presenter and kind man. No one knows what happened for certain between these two and we can't say the sun shines out of Matt's arse. But I still side with him rather than Phillip when it comes to this situation!

Also - everyone keeps sharing the picture of Matthew McGreevy pictured with Phillip Schofield at The Two Faced Theatre Co. But why are we no longer talking about Simon Schofield. Simon was first in a relationship with Matt as pictured together on Simon's instagram which has now been deleted. But Simon is also pictured with Matt's twin sister Lizzie who's a Police Officer with Greater Manchester Police. She's actually seen in the picture with Phillip Schofield.
He changed his fb pic on 25th feb it doesn’t mean it was taken that day it could of been taken anytime previously

Reactions: 7

Perhaps it was a similar situation to Jeremy Thorpe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.