Phillip Schofield #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wild theories and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories will turn this thread, which has been exceptionally useful so far, into one of David Icke's mad-eyed leaps into the Nietzschean abyss.
I thought the same but Going Live didn't exist until PS was 25 either. Of course it could be a simple case of miss-remembering but it could also be a case of it being totally made up.
The Broom Cupboard was a sound booth, used by PS, but the entire 4th floor of BBC was children's tv in 1985 and it would appear PS had full run of it then.

The studios were revamped for Going Live in 1987, but had existed as studios for children's tv before this.

The tweets state 'at the Going Live studios' and Wikipedia states that PS was in the 'Broom Cupboard' from 1985 which would make him 23. I don't know if they were located in the same studios or not
View attachment 93447
They were all on 4th floor of BBC back then. The existing studios were revamped for Going Live. The Broom Cupboard was actually a sound booth/gallery adjoining the studios.

Going Live didn’t start until 1987 so there weren’t any Going Live studios in 1985 as it didn’t exist then. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181922/episodes?year=1987
The studios were still there. The entire 4th floor of BBC was children's tv in 1985. The studio was revamped for going live and the Broom Cupboard was a sound booth/gallery used by PS and other continuity presenters.

Reactions: 6
Just a quick point about people like Matty Lopez who've suffered childhood abuse. Survivors of abuse are almost certainly affected by life long trauma if they don't get the right therapeutic support. Trauma can lead to dysfunctional coping mechanisms and the person as an adult can sometimes become fantasists. Trauma can also lead to memory problems and a difficulty with understanding reality from fantasy. Then there is often the self-medicating with drink and drugs and a generally disordered life.

This is a gift to the abusers because survivors of childhood abuse can often be made out to be not credible, in court or elsewhere. They can easily be made out to be "liars".

Point I'm making is that a survivor might do/say odd/decietful things which spoils their credibility, but they're not lying about the abuse they suffered. Unfortunately though, it can make them unreliable witnesses and care needs to be taken with what some poor sod like ML might say. This whole PS thing could be very triggering for him. The damage these monsters do to their victim's minds is immense.

Reactions: 14
Just a quick point about people like Matty Lopez who've suffered childhood abuse. Survivors of abuse are almost certainly affected by life long trauma if they don't get the right therapeutic support. Trauma can lead to dysfunctional coping mechanisms and the person as an adult can sometimes become fantasists. Trauma can also lead to memory problems and a difficulty with understanding reality from fantasy. Then there is often the self-medicating with drink and drugs and a generally disordered life.

This is a gift to the abusers because survivors of childhood abuse can often be made out to be not credible, in court or elsewhere. They can easily be made out to be "liars".

Point I'm making is that a survivor might do/say odd/decietful things which spoils their credibility, but they're not lying about the abuse they suffered. Unfortunately though, it can make them unreliable witnesses and care needs to be taken with what some poor sod like ML might say. This whole PS thing could be very triggering for him. The damage these monsters do to their victim's minds is immense.
I agree that in some cases of childhood abuse it can cause irrepearable damage which may manifest itself in damaging ways in adulthood but I also know that it does not affect everyone in that way and there are many many people, which may or may not include ML (I don't know him), that do not use other coping mechanisms in adulthood. If we, as unaffected adults, feel as strongly as we seemingly do about this situation I imagine someone who has been abused themselves would feel very passionate about it. I would hope that noone, whatever their situation, would veer from wanting the truth.

Reactions: 6
It's interesting to watch PS back in 1987. Still as smug and smarmy. He was apparently the BBC's youngest employee at 17yo when he joined as a post boy. Wonder who was under the desk operating Gordon?
He's complaining here of being back in the Broom Cupboard because the painters are in, so they must have been using another studio. The broom cupboard was quite a large sound recording gallery which they dressed up with kids posters etc. It was quite big if you watch the other video without all the clutter in it.
Maybe that lad is telling the truth?

Reactions: 3
I only really saw at the end, seemed usual self but just weird when they didn’t cut to LW 🤷‍♀️Seemed v serious, Holly even looked as though ‘What?’ Could be reading too much into it tho!
I think it was more a case that they are used to reading their autocue for the link to LW and today LW wasn't there and they didn't know what to do because they didn't have an autocue!! Talented presenters that they are :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
It's interesting to watch PS back in 1987. Still as smug and smarmy. He was apparently the BBC's youngest employee at 17yo when he joined as a post boy. Wonder who was under the desk operating Gordon?
He's complaining here of being back in the Broom Cupboard because the painters are in, so they must have been using another studio. The broom cupboard was quite a large sound recording gallery which they dressed up with kids posters etc. It was quite big if you watch the other video without all the clutter in it.
Maybe that lad is telling the truth?
If MattyLopez's friend killed himself after sleeping with PS at 14, why was ML supposedly private messaging PS on Facebook recently? (He wasn't, but that was the impression he was trying to give alongside the context of other tweets.) I do feel really sorry for this guy and what he went through at the hands of Cyril Smith. It's harrowing and would explain why he'd fabricate the truth with something like this. But what he's saying doesn't help anyone on this thread who is trying to find out what actually happened on the PS front - if anything, it just confuses what we've already worked out.

Reactions: 5
Interestingly the first and main operator of Gordon in the Broom cupboard with PS went on to become BBC's Head of Editorial Standards and the man who issued this statement about the company's revised guidance about working with children in 2013.

Reactions: 3
EXCLUSIVE: New Sun Chief Newton ‘Blackmailed’ Phillip Schofield to Come Out Live on TV
https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/...ailed-phillip-schofield-to-come-out-live-on-t
So now we know for sure when PS said his hand wasn’t forced, that was indeed an absolute lie. I’m sure someone on this thread found ITV’s code of conduct which included “we will not lie or deceive our viewers”. Well that’s failed then. You can’t trust any of them, it’s a total turn off, literally.

Reactions: 15
I’m confused, we already knew that Phillip had to come out otherwise he would have been outed and in so doing controlled the story, but why couldn’t Phil just tell the whole story? The bit of his interview that sticks in the throat was his line, “it was my decision” when patently this was not true. If the story wasnt going to be published Phil would never have come out.

The whole thing is very sordid and twisted.

if Phil has never disclosed he was gay would any of these other allegations about his behaviour ever been brought to light? Probably not.

Reactions: 12
It is strange how the media and internet have evolved. It was only a few years ago that when a story was 'known' about someone, but their identity couldn't legally be revealed within mainstream media, a quick look on Twitter would reveal relevant details within seconds. Now Twitter and other large players seem as happy to be complicit in suppressing information as the perpetrator themselves. Not in any way advocating a free-for-all with unsubstantiated rumour being attached to any individual, but the idea of the internet being a transparent and liberating leveller of society is fast disappearing. We now live in an increasingly censored society, one that the West used to excoriate places like China for implementing.

Reactions: 19
EXCLUSIVE: New Sun Chief Newton ‘Blackmailed’ Phillip Schofield to Come Out Live on TV
https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/...ailed-phillip-schofield-to-come-out-live-on-t
I initially assumed that the decision to 'come out' on live television was arranged by his ITV bosses, to pre-empt any revelations by the press; never imagined that his hand had been forced by The Sun.

If I hadn't read the threads on this forum and found out more about his background I would actually be feeling quite sorry for him now. Is it likely that his PR team had a hand in this article; an attempt to drum up sympathy and to quell the rumours, which are still out there despite their best efforts?

Reactions: 14
I initially assumed that the decision to 'come out' on live television was arranged by his ITV bosses, to pre-empt any revelations by the press; never imagined that his hand had been forced by The Sun.

If I hadn't read the threads on this forum and found out more about his background I would actually be feeling quite sorry for him now. Is it likely that his PR team had a hand in this article; an attempt to drum up sympathy and to quell the rumours, which are still out there despite their best efforts?
Hmm, this article does make you think about things differently and has made me wonder if it’s true that The Sun did that, it does make you feel sorry for him? I’m just so confused with all the things being taken offline and silenced? If it was just he was gay and had a younger boyfriend, ok it is a bit 🙄but isn’t the end of the world and everyone would’ve moved on. It’s all the secrecy, why 🤷‍♀️If I was him I’d literally just put everything out there if I had nothing to hide..just the pure truth, yes, his partner was younger, he has portrayed the family image for tv etc and he apologizes.
Being left like this, surely everyone will always wonder if there was more to it and see him in a different light?
Also why all the links with Ruth complaining etc?
Dan Wooten doesn’t sound like the nicest guy going!

Reactions: 13
I’m confused, we already knew that Phillip had to come out otherwise he would have been outed and in so doing controlled the story, but why couldn’t Phil just tell the whole story? The bit of his interview that sticks in the throat was his line, “it was my decision” when patently this was not true. If the story wasnt going to be published Phil would never have come out.

The whole thing is very sordid and twisted.

if Phil has never disclosed he was gay would any of these other allegations about his behaviour ever been brought to light? Probably not.
Yes, I thought the relatively unexplored point concerned the impracticality of trying for an injunction in this age of social media. I say relatively unexplored because, surely, the problem for someone like Schofield of deciding instead to do a deal is this: 'doing a deal' is ALSO impractical as a means of controlling the situation, given the impact of social media. Because THAT, too, will come out.

The ex-rugby player Gareth Thomas was considerably smarter when he simply said, 'I didn't want to discuss my being HIV but I'm being threatened with exposure so I'm going to do it myself'. That gave him the moral high ground, and embarrassed an already unpopular press. Schofield has done a deal with the devil, and once that becomes more widely known, as it will do, then he's shown to have been complicit in a dishonest process.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not surprised to see Dan Wootton mentioned in the article. We saw evidence on twitter that Dan suspected something back in November and he was digging around for dirt on PS. What a two-faced piece of work he is, praising PS when he came out as brave and heroic, etc. when he knew exactly what had gone on. So many dishonest fake people involved in this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.