Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if itā€™s been said but I was treated at the Christy hospital and saw him there

Reactions: 4
Not sure if itā€™s been said but I was treated at the Christy hospital and saw him there
Hope your feeling better now. I think he should just have said he was ill with cancer and that he wanted privacy at this time. This then ends speculation.I saw a photo of him now and his hair looked really thin, obvioulsy he had had either treatment for cancer or alopecia. He wasnt balding upto then.

Reactions: 3
I like Peter Kay apart from when he pops up on random shows and tries to steal the attention (Jonathan Ross, BBC Weather, etc). It's not really funny.

He might've made up with Daniel Kitson (Spencer, Phoenix Nights) since their fall out, since Kayleigh from Car Share's surname is Kitson? Just throwing that out there.

Maybe Peter is very bossy on set and everything has to go his way, even if others dislike his ideas, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Peter Kay has been in Ireland, he's often seen in limerick city shopping, irish people are known for not bothering celebs, look at Matt Damon press trying to track him down and locals won't tell you a thing!! Matt Damon himself contacted the radio station local to him to give them an interview, there's a castle close to me where a lot of celebs go and you don't hear it till they leave, brad Pitt Jennifer Aniston, posh and Becks, Taylor swift. prob lots more but you wouldn't hear of it

Reactions: 8
One of the famous examples of this is his relationship with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice - he co-wrote Phoenix Nights with them then took all the credit. I think they lost out significantly financially too. Also the guy who played Spencer really despises him too, and thatā€™s from just one show. If you have a little google there is plenty out there with regards to his attitude and behaviour towards others. I like his comedy in a lot of ways but it really taints it when you find out heā€™s an hole!
I've met Dave Spikey quite a few times and he's always been a delight to everyone I've seen him talk to. A really nice, down to earth, funny man.

I like Peter Kay apart from when he pops up on random shows and tries to steal the attention (Jonathan Ross, BBC Weather, etc). It's not really funny.
I know what you mean, but it's hard for a comic with those kinds of appearances. If they're low key they'll get accused of being dull and boring, and if they try to live up to expectations they'll quite probably try too hard and get accused of being egomaniacs. They're usually insecure characaters anyway, so the line of least resistance is to try too hard to be funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
We have a family friend who designs sets for films/tv shows. He's met many many A listers, I've even met a couple myself. He still says Peter Kay is the rudest celeb he's ever worked with. Obnoxious and grumpy and full on diva behaviour with everyone on the set šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've met Dave Spikey quite a few times and he's always been a delight to everyone I've seen him talk to. A really nice, down to earth, funny man.

I know what you mean, but it's hard for a comic with those kinds of appearances. If they're low key they'll get accused of being dull and boring, and if they try to live up to expectations they'll quite probably try too hard and get accused of being egomaniacs. They're usually insecure characaters anyway, so the line of least resistance is to try too hard to be funny.
I can imagine that, he gives off that vibe whereas I think PK comes across badly, especially when you watch footage like on Jonathan Ross climbing on the set etc - the kind of person you dread on a night out! Not endearing at all whereas Dave and Neil totally are.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can imagine that, he gives off that vibe whereas I think PK comes across badly, especially when you watch footage like on Jonathan Ross climbing on the set etc - the kind of person you dread on a night out! Not endearing at all whereas Dave and Neil totally are.
Definitely agree! I always think PK is the type of bloke who if he wasnā€™t famous and was a normal person going out with friends on a Friday night his friends would say to the rest of his friends ā€˜wait ā€˜til you meet my mate Peter later, heā€™s a right characterā€™ and by that they mean heā€™s a twit who will ā€˜banterā€™ everyone, ā€˜jokeā€™ with the serving staff and do something ā€˜hilariousā€™ like dance on the bar knocking everyone drinks over and breaking glasses until theyā€™re thrown out then go to a kebab shop make ā€˜hilarious jokesā€™ to the staff and be ushered out by everyone else who have to leave the shop saying ā€œheā€™s drunk mate, he doesnā€™t mean itā€ and then be put in a cab and when heā€™s gone all the blokes turning to the one who invited him like ā€˜mate...ā€™.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Definitely agree! I always think PK is the type of bloke who if he wasnā€™t famous and was a normal person going out with friends on a Friday night his friends would say to the rest of his friends ā€˜wait ā€˜til you meet my mate Peter later, heā€™s a right characterā€™ and by that they mean heā€™s a twit who will ā€˜banterā€™ everyone, ā€˜jokeā€™ with the serving staff and do something ā€˜hilariousā€™ like dance on the bar knocking everyone drinks over and breaking glasses until theyā€™re thrown out then go to a kebab shop make ā€˜hilarious jokesā€™ to the staff and be ushered out by everyone else who have to leave the shop saying ā€œheā€™s drunk mate, he doesnā€™t mean itā€ and then be put in a cab and when heā€™s gone all the blokes turning to the one who invited him like ā€˜mate...ā€™.
Exactly this šŸ‘†šŸ¼šŸ˜‚

1CD82B6E-F172-4AC1-9C2A-EA27407B93EB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
100% agree guys heā€™s a show. His comedy can be excellent at times whilst average at best others. Iā€™d rather have a bit of dodgy comedy from a salt of the earth type than world class comedy from a twit. PK seems quite sly as well, itā€™s more than just arrogance. Something especially mean about him....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder if Peter is faithful to wife? Comedians can be known for putting it about, such as Jason Manford and John Bishop.

Reactions: 3