Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that Tony Christie took part in the Big Night In Amarillo ‘remake’ marching along in his 80’s makes me more convinced that Peter is unwell.

Reactions: 13
Yep I too think it’s a family member and I think he is aware of the rumours that it’s him and so is wearing a hat and glasses etc to make people still think it’s him, taking the attention away from whoever it really is, if that makes any sense 🤣
I was thinking that.
Peter obviously knows of all the rumours surrounding him and purposely wore a big hat and glasses

Reactions: 6
My uncle was around PKs age when he passed last year of cancer and he sounded like Peter in that video... talked much much slower bit slurry than he normally did and had weight gain!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think the real reason why Peter Kay's disappeared from public view of late is that he's run out of other comedians to steal jokes off.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
My uncle was around PKs age when he passed last year of cancer and he sounded like Peter in that video... talked much much slower bit slurry than he normally did and had weight gain!

I know what you’re saying. When a relative of mine had stage 4 cancer and it had spread to the brain they appeared in a similar way to peter sadly.

Reactions: 3
I think the real reason why Peter Kay's disappeared from public view of late is that he's run out of other comedians to steal jokes off.
Every one a handwritten Monkhouse!

(From an episode of the Goon Show from the mid 50s. Joke stealing is not new - and indeed Spike Milligan wasn't a stranger to it).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
One of my friends is an actress and does a lot of extra work. Shes not famous or anything. She has worked with Peter Kaye and says that he is really nasty to people. Its not just being a bit grumpy, hes absolutely horrid when theres no need to be.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
One of my friends is an actress and does a lot of extra work. Shes not famous or anything. She has worked with Peter Kaye and says that he is really nasty to people. Its not just being a bit grumpy, hes absolutely horrid when theres no need to be.
You can see in outtakes from his various shows that he's a perfectionist and gets very annoyed at others when they keep laughing but then it's OK for him to do it! But he does have a lot of close friends in the industry, so he can't be that bad. If your friend is an extra, you're not even supposed to interact with the 'stars' of the show you're an extra in, so maybe she saw him getting annoyed at people getting their lines wrong etc and took it the wrong way?

Also, is she a southerner as often southerners do not get northern humour and assume people are being nasty?!

Reactions: 9
No it was the way he spoke to people and she is a northerner. Shes worked with plenty of people who she spoke highly of. Also because someone has close friends doesn't mean a thing, many people are friends with people when theres a clear benefit for them as I'm sure you know.

• Heart
No it was the way he spoke to people and she is a northerner. Shes worked with plenty of people who she spoke highly of. Also because someone has close friends doesn't mean a thing, many people are friends with people when theres a clear benefit for them as I'm sure you know.
My point was, that's his sense of humour which clearly his close friends appreciate but 'strangers' don't.

He is notoriously unpopular with other comedians and industry professionals. The public seem to love him, they don’t have to work with him. I don’t have any ill will towards him & I hope he is healthy, but he is famously not-liked

You can see in outtakes from his various shows that he's a perfectionist and gets very annoyed at others when they keep laughing but then it's OK for him to do it! But he does have a lot of close friends in the industry, so he can't be that bad. If your friend is an extra, you're not even supposed to interact with the 'stars' of the show you're an extra in, so maybe she saw him getting annoyed at people getting their lines wrong etc and took it the wrong way?

Also, is she a southerner as often southerners do not get northern humour and assume people are being nasty?!
You don’t get to be a multi-millionaire, selling out arenas & DVD’s, just on people north of Nottingham “getting” your humour though! He’s popular with audiences everywhere so the humour obviously translates.

I agree that some people just don’t like extras even looking at “the talent” (fair play, they’re trying to work & concentrate) so maybe that’s a lot of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've never heard of him being famously not-liked or by other comedians?

I'm only going by my southern friends not getting his humour or liking him!

Reactions: 2
He is notoriously unpopular with other comedians and industry professionals. The public seem to love him, they don’t have to work with him. I don’t have any ill will towards him & I hope he is healthy, but he is famously not-liked

You don’t get to be a multi-millionaire, selling out arenas & DVD’s, just on people north of Nottingham “getting” your humour though! He’s popular with audiences everywhere so the humour obviously translates.

I agree that some people just don’t like extras even looking at “the talent” (fair play, they’re trying to work & concentrate) so maybe that’s a lot of it.
Don't worry, I think if it turned out he was actually a serial killer, Suzesnooze would find a way of defending him 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I've never heard of him being famously not-liked or by other comedians?

I'm only going by my southern friends not getting his humour or liking him!
One of the famous examples of this is his relationship with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice - he co-wrote Phoenix Nights with them then took all the credit. I think they lost out significantly financially too. Also the guy who played Spencer really despises him too, and that’s from just one show. If you have a little google there is plenty out there with regards to his attitude and behaviour towards others. I like his comedy in a lot of ways but it really taints it when you find out he’s an hole!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
At the end of the day hes a Z lister, he doesn't have to be all warm and gushing with people he works with but he could at least be basically polite to people. I personally think hes average but I'm put off him as a person,so don't watch his shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't worry, I think if it turned out he was actually a serial killer, Suzesnooze would find a way of defending him 😉
Hilarious.

One of the famous examples of this is his relationship with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice - he co-wrote Phoenix Nights with them then took all the credit. I think they lost out significantly financially too. Also the guy who played Spencer really despises him too, and that’s from just one show. If you have a little google there is plenty out there with regards to his attitude and behaviour towards others. I like his comedy in a lot of ways but it really taints it when you find out he’s an hole!
I googled it and this is from an article just published this April.

Another article where Dave talks about it he says he would still love to work with Peter 🤔

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hilarious.

I googled it and this is from an article just published this April.

Another article where Dave talks about it he says he would still love to work with Peter 🤔
If he’s asked he’s not going to look like a witch and say no. I was pointing out that amongst many famous stories (as you had said you hadn’t heard any) that they were quite well known ones back in the day. Since then they did the shows for Comic Relief together - doesn’t detract from the original fact that he screwed them over. At the time both Dave and Neil were really affected by it, in more ways than one. To co-write something then take all the credit and the money highlights a crappy human being to me. If the other two are able to work with him after that it shows them as the bigger persons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hilarious.
Thanks. Obviously, you got it thanks to my famous Northern humour 😁

If he’s asked he’s not going to look like a witch and say no. I was pointing out that amongst many famous stories (as you had said you hadn’t heard any) that they were quite well known ones back in the day. Since then they did the shows for Comic Relief together - doesn’t detract from the original fact that he screwed them over. At the time both Dave and Neil were really affected by it, in more ways than one. To co-write something then take all the credit and the money highlights a crappy human being to me. If the other two are able to work with him after that it shows them as the bigger persons.
Yep, I mentioned this feud on page 2. Neil Fitzmaurice was quoted, at one time, as saying it would be a cold day in hell before he worked with Peter Kay again. And that was an actually quote in an interview, not hearsay.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks. Obviously, you got it thanks to my famous Northern humour 😁

Yep, I mentioned this feud on page 2. Neil Fitzmaurice was quoted, at one time, as saying it would be a cold day in hell before he worked with Peter Kay again. And that was an actually quote in an interview, not hearsay.
Yeah I think Neil took it worse. I was just reiterating for Suzesnooze ☺

Reactions: 2