Peter Kay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had tickets too but we said we wouldn’t rebook if he ever said he was going to redo it. I know that probably sounds petty and I’m sure he had good reason for it but he always comes across as someone that doesn’t care about his fans. They like his tv shows etc but he just stops them.
Yeah, that’s definitely petty of you

Reactions: 12
Saw this photo on insta (schof thread related... My life right now!)
He doesn't look a well man to be fair does he?
Looks fine to me 🤷‍♀️ He’s always been fat, just looks fatter.

It’s his wife who has cancer (she has previously had it and it came back) not him.

Reactions: 4
each to their own of course but it’s a bit of a weird way to wear a hat, like he’s purposely trying to hide his eye brows? Who knows what is up, he’s a private man and I wish them all well 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
each to their own of course but it’s a bit of a weird way to wear a hat, like he’s purposely trying to hide his eye brows? Who knows what is up, he’s a private man and I wish them all well 😊
yes I noticed that, and not that men’s eyelashes are that obvious anyway, but doesn’t look like he has them.
I really hope he is ok, he definitely doesn’t court publicity so must have been a big thing to pose for a photo.

Reactions: 2
he had leukaemia, I heard about it in 2012 from a journalist, PK had an injunction out. Don't know if it's come back but he certainly looks jaundiced in that pic upthread :(

• Sad
Reactions: 11
he had leukaemia, I heard about it in 2012 from a journalist, PK had an injunction out. Don't know if it's come back but he certainly looks jaundiced in that pic upthread :(
I agree. He defintely looks like a chemo patient. I understand if he wants to keep it private. I’m also really private about my health when there has been issues

Reactions: 6
I have a clients who’s husband knows him.... he has leukemia. I was told this back when his tour got cancelled 😀

Maybe if he has leukaemia he didn't want the pressure to become some kind of ambassador for cancer charities while, feeling so ill. Being expected to turn up at events all cheery-like when feeling absolutely vile inside, especially if going through chemo. He could afford to step back, financially, so he did. Don't blame him. Joe Longthorne struggled with blood cancer for years and years- really took it out of him, even though he carried on performing as much as he could. PK is much higher profile. Maybe he felt that for his family's sake and his own, stepping back and saying nowt was the best thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Saw this photo on insta (schof thread related... My life right now!)
He doesn't look a well man to be fair does he?
He looks quite sallow and his face looks quite bloated - are they side effects from some form of treatment? I know he’s always been overweight but it never made him look this ill.

Reactions: 3
He doesn't look healthy at all. His complexion reminds me of my mums when her liver started to go due to cancer

Reactions: 8
Looks fine to me 🤷‍♀️ He’s always been fat, just looks fatter.

It’s his wife who has cancer (she has previously had it and it came back) not him.
Why are you so adamant that it’s not Peter that’s ill? Are you Peter Kay? Trying to throw people off the scent? 😲😉

He looks pretty ill to me in that pic. I thought so at the time when I saw it. Also thought the same thing about it covering his eyebrows, and his eyelashes look sparse. He looks bloated out on steroids and a funny colour.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Why are you so adamant that it’s not Peter that’s ill? Are you Peter Kay? Trying to throw people off the scent? 😲😉

He looks pretty ill to me in that pic. I thought so at the time when I saw it. Also thought the same thing about it covering his eyebrows, and his eyelashes look sparse. He looks bloated out on steroids and a funny colour.
Why are you so adamant it’s him who is ill?

If you read his statement at the time it’s quite clear it’s a family member and not him.

Reactions: 1
I think this is desperately sad, and whether it's him or a member of his family with an illness isn't really important. He has made it very clear that he wants to keep his private life private. I think people should respect that, and allow him to be able to go out and about without people zooming in on pictures of him to see if he has any eyelashes. Respect the man and his family, this is not our business. He has withdrawn from public life, allow him to do so.

Reactions: 49
I would agree, something like this where it obviously isn't his fault or anything he could have prevented, shouldn't be discussed if he doesn't want it to be. Now bad behaviour or attitudes of public figures towards other people or which they very much can or could have done something about, that's fair game!

Personally? I think it’s inevitable that people are going to speculate, because such a high level of secrecy is pretty unusual these days. Of course Peter is entitled to keep whatever it is secret, it’s just unusual and only fuels public interest IMO. There’s something old fashioned about keeping cancer (if it is cancer) hush hush and taboo to even talk about. Plenty of other celebrities have experienced cancer in their families and have been honest and open and - I hope - fairly unharrassed by the media.

Reactions: 4
So PK has an injunction and has kept very quiet about anything going on in his personal life (quite rightly). Yet you think his manager has revealed all to some guy driving his cab. Course he did 😳. This is none of our business, he isn’t courting media publicity, leave him alone Fgs. This isn’t some juicy gossip.

Reactions: 20
TBH, you don't need any medical training to see he looks very unwell in that photo further up the thread.

Is it just me? His skin looks the same color as the guy he's standing next to?

Reactions: 3