Pete Doherty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how true this is but in my teens I had a friend whose sister was a heroin addict & my friend said the reason she smelled so bad was because she used to 💩 herself as a result of the drugs, I’ve not thought about that or years until now 🤢
Sorry if this is a bit graphic but here goes- I will tell you that people in withdrawal can easily tit themselves if not near a bathroom. Hence the scene in Trainspotting. Heroin causes constipation and then the lack of it causes the extreme opposite. Crack also does often make you have diarreah (sorry, sp?) This effects people most if they can only use small amounts often but have a large habit.
But you would think most rock stars would have enough gear to avoid that happening. Most experienced users unless they were really desperate or homeless won't leave the house if they are in that state, or let themselves get that sick- using methadone etc to ease those symptoms. The cramps and sweating, vomiting is so bad too.
Surely they would have dealers/ lackeys scoring for them/ coming to their home? I do think the nappies thing might be BS about Suede. There were loads of rumours about Brett and I guess he kind of encouraged them a bit...

Reactions: 5
Well, off the back of this thread and the recent documentary, I read his book. What a massive dick he is.

I'm not sure which bit I found the most revolting - the constant refusal to take any real responsibility for any of his own actions, the sneaky, disingenuous blaming of everyone else around him, the ridiculous lies (e.g. his apparent shock and horror and confusion that singing the Nazi version of the German national anthem caused such an outcry - this is after he's told us that he was brought up for several years in Germany and had read a load of history books about the Third Reich - and who the duck knows all the words and chords for the German national anthem anyway?), him essentially ignoring and having no interest in his own children, his total lack of remorse or honesty about Mark Blanco's death... all of it was foul, and so reminiscent of the junkies and alcoholics I've known. People who just won't take any responsibility for their own actions - everything is someone else's fault.

The bit that actually made me stop reading for good, though, was his sickening praise for Jeremy bleeping Corbyn. Not interested into getting into any arguments about this, I'm Jewish and my kids and I were at the sharp end of all of that in 2019, but the fact that he can't see anything wrong with that twisted dried-up racist, but instead goes for some sort of pathetic half-baked conspiracy theory about the media bringing him down... yeah, just duck off, Pete.

I didn't know that much about him beforehand - I know a lot more now, and I bleeping hate him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I agree, I thought he came across as a classic junkie eternal victim man child refusing to take any responsibility for his actions. A fragile little boy with a lovely bohemian wife who is now forced into the very unsexy role of ‘er indoors for eternity.

I know it sounds like a small thing but I was particularly dissaointed when he was showing Louis around the provincial town he now lives and was showing off that he owed a restaurant owner money so he needed to hide. It reminded me of something an 18 year old boy would have said to me when I was 15 to impress me. Pathetic.

Grow up Pete!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I agree, I thought he came across as a classic junkie eternal victim man child refusing to take any responsibility for his actions. A fragile little boy with a lovely bohemian wife who is now forced into the very unsexy role of ‘er indoors for eternity.

I know it sounds like a small thing but I was particularly dissaointed when he was showing Louis around the provincial town he now lives and was showing off that he owed a restaurant owner money so he needed to hide. It reminded me of something an 18 year old boy would have said to me when I was 15 to impress me. Pathetic.

Grow up Pete!
Sorry I'm late to this convo as only just read this, but I totally agree he was bang out of order saying he bailed on a restaurant bill, in a tiny village. That really is teenage, but even a 15 yo would do it in a place that was far away from their home. His wife seems like she's completely enamoured with him and happy to give her family's money to support him. She prob had to sneak down to the restaurant and pay the bill for him when he was asleep at 2pm after a 4 hour calvados binge. Not her own money as she doesn't have any, her dad's a millionaire though. He only dates rich birds. He loves working class men though, weirdly.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I see he’s being described as looking “healthy” in the Daily Mail again. Not the best euphemism for overweight…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So he's now saying he's got type 2 diabetes. Claiming the doctors thought he was healthier when he was on the gear.
Well done mate. You have an infant child ffs...Don't die from bleeping cheese and Calvados.

Reactions: 6
So he's now saying he's got type 2 diabetes. Claiming the doctors thought he was healthier when he was on the gear.
Well done mate. You have an infant child ffs...Don't die from bleeping cheese and Calvados.
His diet is cheese and alcohol so no wonder he is overweight. In reality he swapped one addiction (drugs) or another (drink) however I suspect its unlikely Dr's said he was healthier on the junk. Sounds like he is making excuses for himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The usual addict in denial.
No doctor would ever say you are better off on heroin.
Many heroin addicts end up with insulin dependent diabetes - as the pancreas becomes damaged. The booze will also take it toll - alongside all the other lifestyle choices he is making / has made. Type 2 isn’t great but insulin dependent is much worse

He doesn’t sound like someone who has any intention to get clean.

Reactions: 9
Stranger in my own skin is on sky documentaries for those who wanted to watch but didn’t go to the cinema

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wasn’t going to bother watching but the review in the Guardian last week has peaked my interest and I’m now curious.

Reactions: 1
I wasn’t going to bother watching but the review in the Guardian last week has peaked my interest and I’m now curious.
I thought it was ok, a lot was missing but I guess they could only work with the footage she had. I’d have rather a longer film with more of the story

Reactions: 5
This is a hard watch, he’s so full of his own self importance and all the hangers on just go along with it. Romanticising absolutely EVERYTHING like he’s some sort of tortured genius. I will always love the music but now that I’m older and wiser I find the old Pete documented here absolutely insufferable. It’s the same with all these types of documentaries, the subjects answer questions with a long pondering pause, then come out with absolutely nothing of substance but believe what they are saying is truly poignant. I know someone like this in real life who goes about thinking he’s John Lennon reincarnated. Painful and embarrassing to watch.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
This is a hard watch, he’s so full of his own self importance and all the hangers on just go along with it. Romanticising absolutely EVERYTHING like he’s some sort of tortured genius. I will always love the music but now that I’m older and wiser I find the old Pete documented here absolutely insufferable. It’s the same with all these types of documentaries, the subjects answer questions with a long pondering pause, then come out with absolutely nothing of substance but believe what they are saying is truly poignant. I know someone like this in real life who goes about thinking he’s John Lennon reincarnated. Painful and embarrassing to watch.
He reminds me of Russel Brand.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m a libs fan. . The whole tortured artist thing is quite appealing when you’re 20. But in your 40s it is just getting a bit old.

Reactions: 16