Pete Doherty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After reading the gossip shared by some tattlers in the secret celeb gossip threads I thought it would be interesting to have a thread for Pete Doherty as he is such a shady character. I find peoples fascination with him strange and I’d like to hear other peoples accounts/opinions on him.

All I know about him is that he was a founding member of the libertines and Babyshambles, he is a poet and he is a heroin addict. I know he came from a good background and that he has a son with Lisa Moorish and a daughter with someone else and of course him and Kate Moss were once an item.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
He was involved (allegedly) in the death of Mark Blanco at a party. Mark 'fell' from a balcony. Doherty confessed to pushing him then retracted his confession. He's also known for leaving people who are heavily under the influence of drugs , usually young vulnerable women, who have later been found dead. He appears to be a deadbeat dad to his children - but perhaps keeps his super dad status private.

But his mother loves him and wrote a book about him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
He was involved (allegedly) in the death of Mark Blanco at a party. Mark 'fell' from a balcony. Doherty confessed to pushing him then retracted his confession. He's also known for leaving people who are heavily under the influence of drugs , usually young vulnerable women, who have later been found dead. He appears to be a deadbeat dad to his children - but perhaps keeps his super dad status private.

But his mother loves him and wrote a book about him.
I didn’t know about the book his mother wrote. I did read an article with Mark Blancos mother and it’s such a dark strange event. I definitely think he is responsible for that mans death and the thing that stood out to me was that the people in the flat that night had said Mark was making a nuisance of himself so why after he’d left did they let him back in? They could have just refused to answer the door to him and he would have went away.

Reactions: 10
Yikes I was reading about the death of Robin and it mentioned that he likes painting on the walls with blood apparently. The man is a sicko.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I always thought he was a nightmare, but I read some interviews with him several years ago and he's actually intelligent and eloquent. I ended up feeling sorry for him having so many issues. Having said that, I think he uses his drug addiction as a tool to get more publicity and notoriety and I think that's extremely dangerous both for himself and fans. It's not that he glamorises drug addiction, he always looks horrendous, but he makes it seem part of his 'tortured soul' persona. That's really bad. Part of me suspects he isn't heroin ravaged all the time, just when he thinks it's necessary for one reason or another. I just don't think he could function to any level and also his organs would surely have given up years ago, if he was completely out of it 24/7. Either that or he has more lives than a cat.

Reactions: 30
I always thought he was a nightmare, but I read some interviews with him several years ago and he's actually intelligent and eloquent. I ended up feeling sorry for him having so many issues. Having said that, I think he uses his drug addiction as a tool to get more publicity and notoriety and I think that's extremely dangerous both for himself and fans. It's not that he glamorises drug addiction, he always looks horrendous, but he makes it seem part of his 'tortured soul' persona. That's really bad. Part of me suspects he isn't heroin ravaged all the time, just when he thinks it's necessary for one reason or another. I just don't think he could function to any level and also his organs would surely have given up years ago, if he was completely out of it 24/7. Either that or he has more lives than a cat.
Yes he is highly intelligent and was educated well if I’m right. I think he plays the lost boy routine very well but there’s some very dark stories surrounding him. I’m not sure if it’s true but I heard he used to turn young fans of his onto heroin back at his afterparties. So irresponsible and the actions of a scumbag. Does anyone remember when he lived in Paris with Macaulay Culkin?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Yes he is highly intelligent and was educated well if I’m right. I think he plays the lost boy routine very well but there’s some very dark stories surrounding him. I’m not sure if it’s true but I heard he used to turn young fans of his onto heroin back at his afterparties. So irresponsible and the actions of a scumbag. Does anyone remember when he lived in Paris with Macaulay Culkin?
Whaaaaat???? :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor Maccaulay, first a plaything for Wacko Jacko and then this man?

You're right about the lost boy routine he does - all doe eyed and soulful. I read an interview where he said he would exaggerate his drug dependence and encourage his roadies to tell the press how terrible his addiction was, then they would split the proceeds for the resulting 'look at him, he's out of it' photos in the tabloids.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Whaaaaat???? :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor Maccaulay, first a plaything for Wacko Jacko and then this man?

You're right about the lost boy routine he does - all doe eyed and soulful. I read an interview where he said he would exaggerate his drug dependence and encourage his roadies to tell the press how terrible his addiction was, then they would split the proceeds for the resulting 'look at him, he's out of it' photos in the tabloids.
He is utterly repulsive to me I don’t know how anyone could be a fan of his. I would say he definitely played up to the media and used them to his advantage knowing he had some weird teenage cult like following and all these stories about him would just keep him in prominence and open up money making avenues for him.

I learnt today that he earns 10k a month - presumably from royalities? He was a bit of a Pied Piper at one time, and also accessible to his fans, unlike similar musicians in history. If you had the money to go to the places he hung out in, the chances are, you'd bump into him. If you were his type (young, pretty, rich and stupid) then you'd probably be chosen to spend the night with him...the thought of snuggling up to that sweaty, malodorous skank makes me feel distinctly unwell.

However I do like 'Music When The Lights Go Out,' a song he wrote, about when you realise you no longer love the person you're with.

Reactions: 23
Ah yeah that is a belter.

It’s always perplexed me, this grubby twerp’s popularity/appeal.

Reactions: 8
Poor Macaulay Culkin also had to deal with Trump in Home Alone 2.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I once read on popbitch that he went through a phase of buying clapped out Jaguars and then dumping them where they broke down.

I remember the video of him running away from the scene of Mark Blanco’s death. Why would you run away if you were innocent.... or say you pushed him and then retract your statement?

didn’t some girl die after he got her hooked on heroin?

• Sad
I saw Babyshambles a few times. Both he and Pat, the guitarist, were permanently either cracked out or on the nod.

I expressed my personal experiences of this awful person in another thread but I would just like to say that while I do encourage people to be empathetic towards addicts of any drug, he doesn't deserve a whiff of sympathy. He's not a good human being. He feeds, or at least when I had the displeasure of being around him he fed, off the vulnerable. Even if he was a normal guy, not on drugs and not famous he'd be that dick who'd perform feminism and treat women like tit while also sneering at you because you never read Hemingway.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Love the Libertines and Babyshambles as well as his solo stuff - it's a shame he seems to be a crappy person regardless of the addiction. From what I've briefly read on here, it seems he's dragged a lot of people down with his demons and has been responsible for tragedies.
I expressed my personal experiences of this awful person in another thread but I would just like to say that while I do encourage people to be empathetic towards addicts of any drug, he doesn't deserve a whiff of sympathy. He's not a good human being. He feeds, or at least when I had the displeasure of being around him he fed, off the vulnerable. Even if he was a normal guy, not on drugs and not famous he'd be that dick who'd perform feminism and treat women like tit while also sneering at you because you never read Hemingway.
I haven't seen your story but I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I hope you're not left with too much trauma or anything.

Reactions: 14
Love the Libertines and Babyshambles as well as his solo stuff - it's a shame he seems to be a crappy person regardless of the addiction. From what I've briefly read on here, it seems he's dragged a lot of people down with his demons and has been responsible for tragedies.

I haven't seen your story but I'm sorry you had a bad experience, I hope you're not left with too much trauma or anything.
No trauma just a deep deep hatred. I did my best to stay out of his way but sometimes it was impossible. Where ever he was there some kind of drama. I would hate to think there are still people who idolise him now or even what he was.
For the most part I just witness the choas from the corner but..
At not quite so young an age a friend of mine was in a really tit place and was quite unwell and she got sucked into his vortex and it didn't end well. He latched on to people (some of them famous, I'm sure you can guess who I mean) dragged them further down. And, as mentioned here, had no qualms about young people joining in his worst habits.

Ps Alan Wass who was part of the Robin Whitehead tragedy also died about 5 yrs back in a pretty horrific way involving drugs. Rumour has it years before someone told him that smoking crack was what the cool kids did and he wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't do it because he'd be excluded.

*Edited the age of my friend because it might give me away*

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
He lived next door to me for a while. Must’ve been in a clean phase as he was pleasant enough and no trouble. He did have lots of cats (weak tea)

• Haha
  • Wow