Perimenopause moans #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes , spotting and dry eyes.
I had a smear , and was told spotting is harmless, and common at this age , especially in women who have given birth. Mine became rather predictable at certain points in my cycle, instead of being completely irregular as such

Reactions: 1
That’s reassuring to hear, as you immediately worry about cervical cancer when you have unusual bleeding! I have given birth, so that’s interesting to know. Have you found anything good for dry eyes? Mine are so bad at night sometimes, it’s like I have eyelashes in my eyes. I use Hycosan night ointment, but even that isn’t always enough.

I think Hycosan in the red box is the best eye drops you can buy, tried loads but these really work and for longer than a few seconds

I saw a gyne yesterday at a private hospital who started realling off all the things we could ‘try’ to regulate and make my periods lighter. He said last resort was an injection that shuts down the ovaries and induces menopause. He said there was side effects. Hot flushes, night sweats, erratic mood, low libido etc. I told him I always have those anyway so I didn’t want to try different things and told him I wanted the injection so I know where I am instead of just fighting the inevitable so he gave me the injection there and then. I’m praying that it works how it’s supposed to.

Reactions: 7
Fingers crossed it goes well for you xx

Wow that sounds extreme but understandable. Knowing what your body is up to will be a big relief I’m sure. It’s the not knowing what’s going on for a lot of us, I think.

Reactions: 3
I’m almost a year into chemical menopause,
It was rough for the first few months but once you get the right hrt is really is very effective. Hopefully it helps you get some balance back and no periods for you

Reactions: 4
Anyone suffer with recurrent UTI's I have one aprx every 3 weeks seems to coincide with my cycle. I've had tests, scans and investigation procedures and there is no explanation for them. I've read online it can be a symptom of peri, although GP has dismissed the theory. Anyone have any experience they care to share?

I had 2 or 3 in a row. Was prescribed antibiotics with no test, don’t think they worked. I started on vaginal estrogen (tiny) pessaries and it’s about 90% better. It can definitely be a symptom and preventative estrogen can keep your vagina basically ‘younger’ and stronger for longer.

Thank you for the reply!!! I’m defo going to push it with my consultant I’m
At the end of my patience