Peaches Geldof and the Geldof family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He didn’t really seem very well or happy did he. His drug use was off the scale, she was clearly an addict by this point as well. He died wanking in a hotel room. (Was this him?) hardly pining for her. She them misused drugs around her kids till she died with one present.

Reactions: 9
I’ve also wondered if Michael’s death was the accident Paula declared it later (I don’t think she said so initially) or the suicide it officially went down as. I think it most likely Michael intentionally took his own life given all the evidence.

I do understand Paula losing the plot a bit after that but it comes down to whether you want to try to keep it together for the daughter you have custody of, who doesn’t have her dad.

Reactions: 8
Oh I didn’t realise it was recorded as suicide. Who would take their life naked? And yes whilst very traumatic should’ve been the wake up call she needed to get her tit together for the children.

Reactions: 7
Oh I didn’t realise it was recorded as suicide. Who would take their life naked? And yes whilst very traumatic should’ve been the wake up call she needed to get her tit together for the children.
It's very common. Inhibitions get lost and you enter the world naked so why not leave it in the same state?

Reactions: 21
Paula gave interviews saying it was an accident, and the only thing that could have happened aside from suicide was an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident so she went with that, but Michael was very unhappy, and there was evidence he had called an ex distraught and argued with Geldof on the phone that night / morning.

Usually where there is some doubt, the inquest will go with an accident, but there seemed to be enough here for suicide. My guess is that it was indeed an impulsive (as so many are) suicide.

Reactions: 8
I’m not questioning whether we are born and therefore could die naked by choice. It is not common to die intentionally naked.
Michael had quite a lot of drugs and alcohol in his system. It could have been a sex game because he was naked and using a ligature, and I can see the case for that, but I think he was off his face, emotional due to his personal life issues, and not thinking clearly at all, hence the nakedness and suicide.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I guess if you’re off your face and depressed, you may well be naked. At the point you choose to end your life it’s kind of irrelevant, but I think from a autopsy point of view it’s used for information and it’s isn’t necessarily the norm, but that could often be because they choose a public place.
although the people I’ve known were alone and used the same method and were clothed so I kind of assumed it was sexual but maybe that’s what Paula wanted everyone to think because she couldn’t cope with the fact he may have chosen to take his own life.

Reactions: 3
It is very common for people to kill themselves naked.
Where did you source this information.
---
You are simply stating something repeatedly with no context. I appreciate there maybe some who take their lives and are sound of mind enough to choose to leave the work as they entered it, and those who are using drugs but many many suicides take place in public areas (sea/bridges/woods) and it is not the norm to be naked. So it would be used as part of the investigation into the death as it is not ‘common in all suicides’ at all and plays a relevant role in decision making.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If you go on YouTube, there’s a programme called autopsy which goes into what happened on the days leading up to MH’s death and the night itself. It showed that it was definite suicide. He was desperate! He rang his ex girlfriend and she was on her way to the hotel but was unfortunately too late. Paula didn’t accept he would have left her and TL so made out if was a sex game gone wrong.
---
He was clearly off his nut on drugs and booze and it said there was a bath run, so maybe that’s why he was naked!

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Where did you source this information.
---
You are simply stating something repeatedly with no context. I appreciate there maybe some who take their lives and are sound of mind enough to choose to leave the work as they entered it, and those who are using drugs but many many suicides take place in public areas (sea/bridges/woods) and it is not the norm to be naked. So it would be used as part of the investigation into the death as it is not ‘common in all suicides’ at all and plays a relevant role in decision making.

A friend who is a coroner. Rare for women but very common for men.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
All medical evidence I can find suggests about 5-8% of suicides are naked and therefore this at the time is an important clue in understanding the actions of the person. I wouldn’t call that ‘common’ as 92-95%are clothed which makes it more unusual and therefore important to consider the autoerotic asphyxiation possibility.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
All medical evidence I can find suggests about 5-8% of suicides are naked and therefore this at the time is an important clue in understanding the actions of the person. I wouldn’t call that ‘common’ as 92-95%are clothed which makes it more unusual and therefore important to consider the autoerotic asphyxiation possibility.

Source?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do any other Tattlers know if it was true that BONO was a pallbearer at Hutchence’s funeral? I can’t find any confirmation about this online, even though I’ve seen comments saying he was. Bono and Michael were mates up until (according to Bono’s book that came out last year) he and Ali couldn’t stand the drugs any more. They all lived next to each other in South of France.

Bono and Bob have obviously been best mates for years, even now, they are like brothers.

There used to be many comments back in the day that Bono was used by Bob to stay close to Michael to spy on him and Paula. There was also strange talk that it was Bob that had a hand in the death via a set up by the Irish mobs, he didn’t want Paula taking his kids (and one from Terrance Trent Darby 😂) to Australia permanently, but obviously those rumours were all a bit mad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
If you go on YouTube, there’s a programme called autopsy which goes into what happened on the days leading up to MH’s death and the night itself. It showed that it was definite suicide. He was desperate! He rang his ex girlfriend and she was on her way to the hotel but was unfortunately too late. Paula didn’t accept he would have left her and TL so made out if was a sex game gone wrong.
---
He was clearly off his nut on drugs and booze and it said there was a bath run, so maybe that’s why he was naked!
This is really quite sad. Poor man.

Reactions: 4
Do any other Tattlers know if it was true that BONO was a pallbearer at Hutchence’s funeral? I can’t find any confirmation about this online, even though I’ve seen comments saying he was. Bono and Michael were mates up until (according to Bono’s book that came out last year) he and Ali couldn’t stand the drugs any more. They all lived next to each other in South of France.

Bono and Bob have obviously been best mates for years, even now, they are like brothers.

There used to be many comments back in the day that Bono was used by Bob to stay close to Michael to spy on him and Paula. There was also strange talk that it was Bob that had a hand in the death via a set up by the Irish mobs, he didn’t want Paula taking his kids (and one from Terrance Trent Darby 😂) to Australia permanently, but obviously those rumours were all a bit mad.
Bono was friends with both BG and MH separately. He liked them both and often hung out with MH in France, he had a house there too. I am not sure where PY fits in as a friend, or as a friends spouse. I don’t know if he was a pallbearer. I think MH was very very likeable in the industry generally but after his accident he had a different side to him. MH was very into music, poetry and arts so I think he was friends with other creative types, some of it might have been pretentious but I always thought Bono was a close friend and liked MH. As their friends all started families and settled I think MH and PY having wild drug fuelled sex capades, rows and drama probably got boring.

Also remember that group all loved Helena and I think Paula struggled with the ghost of her everywhere And the comparisons. I think a paper did a side by side asking why MH would choose PY over a supermodel and it really affected PY

Reactions: 15
I’m not going to entertain this as I was genuinely interested and I could come back with any mate is a forensic police officer (which is true) however it doesnot validate anything I say. I have researched out of interest and there is a wealth of interesting information out there. It is true to say that a female found naked and dead is less common and more often a victim of homicide. However in overall medical papers and publishing it suggests that the figures are even lower. A large study of 30,000 people found that 0.8% of those determined to be homicides were naked and half that figure of suicides were naked (0.4%) so it is actually really interesting in the case of MH. You can easily find full medical journals and publications to find valid sources.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.