Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just found this thread but thought would add
my older brothers friend met peaches at a party and got hit on majorly
she gave him her jumper as a way to connect again
the silly lad didnt quite get this and swiftly forgot about the jumper
anyway thought I'd add

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I have just found this thread but thought would add
my older brothers friend met peaches at a party and got hit on majorly
she gave him her jumper as a way to connect again
the silly lad didnt quite get this and swiftly forgot about the jumper
anyway thought I'd add
Haha! That sounds like a very Peaches thing to do. Pseudo-spiritual, deep & meaningful :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
Gerry Agar wasn't an actual friend of Paula Yates, she muscled in on her when she was at her weakest, and claimed to be besties after she'd died. She knows as much about what Paula and Michael did to each other sexually as most of us. A big fat NOTHING. That woman has made a fortune since Paula's death, selling fabricated anecdotes about Paula's life. No-one is left alive to dispute her claims, and those that are still around, know the woman is a shameful fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Gerry Agar wasn't an actual friend of Paula Yates, she muscled in on her when she was at her weakest, and claimed to be besties after she'd died. She knows as much about what Paula and Michael did to each other sexually as most of us. A big fat NOTHING. That woman has made a fortune since Paula's death, selling fabricated anecdotes about Paula's life. No-one is left alive to dispute her claims, and those that are still around, know the woman is a shameful fantasist.
Reminds me of that woman Belinda Brewin. At least she seemed to be genuinely friends with Paula but I remember her always giving interviews about Paula and popping up on documentaries about MH/PY with lots of info. I just always got a desperate, hanger-on vibe from her.

Reactions: 11
I’ve heard this before and can well believe it. Did she make up her entire book then? She didn’t holiday with Paula and Michael for example?

Reactions: 1
I’ve heard this before and can well believe it. Did she make up her entire book then? She didn’t holiday with Paula and Michael for example?
She stayed with them in the South of France but as far as I know, she invited herself along, and wasn't staying in the main house where they were, she was in a guest annex. She didn't fabricate everything, she just embroidered the truth lavishly. The rest she made up.

Reactions: 6
Salacious would have an editor salivating. She did when many a close associate do to maximise the money she would make from ‘disclosing’ the dirt.

Reactions: 2
Reminds me of that woman Belinda Brewin. At least she seemed to be genuinely friends with Paula but I remember her always giving interviews about Paula and popping up on documentaries about MH/PY with lots of info. I just always got a desperate, hanger-on vibe from her.
Belinda was the woman who rang Paula on the morning of her death, and spoke to Tiger, who told her mummy is asleep. She had phoned her to remind her it was Pixie's 10th birthday - I think she was a genuine friend, and the fact she had to phone Paula to remind her it was her daughter's birthday shows what a catastrophic mess Paula was at the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Just found the peaches geldof topic. Absolutely loved her as a lot of people said she was the epitome of cool when I was growing up I used to read her column and we hung around the same areas of london and shopped in the same places so I often see her around, she always looked very sad though. When I heard the news that she had passed I was incredibly sad. Never liked Bob geldof really always thought if he had spent more time on caring for his kids as he did on his career then they wouldn't have had such a fucked up life incredibly sad that she passed at such a young age 😔

• Sad
I know, but social services always try and place a child with biological grandparents wherever possible.
With regard to the attachment angle it seems a reach that it worked, I mean Tiger Lily didn’t live full time with her half sisters due to joint custody, and she was only 16 months old when Paula died.

The reason Bob gedlof got custody was because he has money, a high profile and had the sisters so could provide a stable income, the courts look at how much money you have with things like this so maybe the hutchence family accounts couldn't support everything that tiger lily would have become accustomed to

Reactions: 6
I'm reading the Gerry Ager book at the moment. It doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. The only bombshell for me is that Michael and Bono were bezzies!

They all come across as self obsessed, selfish arseholes, apart from Michael, who is depicted as a sensitive, tortured thoughtful sex God. Reading between the lines, Gerry had the hots for him.

I'm reading the Gerry Ager book at the moment. It doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. The only bombshell for me is that Michael and Bono were bezzies!

They all come across as self obsessed, selfish arseholes, apart from Michael, who is depicted as a sensitive, tortured thoughtful sex God. Reading between the lines, Gerry had the hots for him.
I’m pretty sure that was the underlying reason for cultivating her friendship with Paula, although other friends of Paula state they weren’t close at all, definitely not the best friend Gerry describes herself as being.

Reactions: 3
I’m pretty sure that was the underlying reason for cultivating her friendship with Paula, although other friends of Paula state they weren’t close at all, definitely not the best friend Gerry describes herself as being.
Gerry said they were friends long before Michael was on the scene (although Paula and Michael may have had relations prior to their official relationship) - she met Paula at the girls’ school when she was still ostensibly happy with Bob, apparently. However Paula said Gerry was ‘just a mum from school’.

If the book was a fabrication, I wonder why Bob didn’t take legal action? I definitely read it with a huge pinch of salt though.

Reactions: 3
If the book was a fabrication, I wonder why Bob didn’t take legal action? I definitely read it with a huge pinch of salt though.
Sometimes it works out worse even when they sue and win. I remember Jason Donovan sued The Face magazine back in the 90’s for saying he was gay and he won. The mag went bust but JD’s reputation never really recovered from it.

There’s also the risk that details you might not want to make public would have to be revealed in court. You’re probably better off not acknowledging it and not drawing attention to it, rather than having your entire life picked over when you might not even win.

ETA: with the Agar book, on balance, I’d imagine enough parts were true for it not to be worth going to court for. If it was a complete fabrication, it might have been different.

Reactions: 8
Sometimes it works out worse even when they sue and win. I remember Jason Donovan sued The Face magazine back in the 90’s for saying he was gay and he won. The mag went bust but JD’s reputation never really recovered from it.

There’s also the risk that details you might not want to make public would have to be revealed in court. You’re probably better off not acknowledging it and not drawing attention to it, rather than having your entire life picked over when you might not even win.

ETA: with the Agar book, on balance, I’d imagine enough parts were true for it not to be worth going to court for. If it was a complete fabrication, it might have been different.
Agree…I never knew that’s why The Face went out of publication though! I thought it was the coolest in the late 90s.

Reactions: 9
Just thought you guys might be interested in a character that popped up last night in one of the Scottish Tiktok threads.

From around here the madness begins:

I don't know if she's had run-ins with you guys before but she seems to fully believe that she was friends with Peaches (via MSN 😂) and that Tayto Life (as she calls Tattle) are the devil.

It's a wild ride. 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Just thought you guys might be interested in a character that popped up last night in one of the Scottish Tiktok threads.

I don't know if she's had run-ins with you guys before but she seems to fully believe that she was friends with Peaches (via MSN 😂) and that Tayto Life (as she calls Tattle) are the devil.

It's a wild ride. 😂 😂 😂
I got to the post where she's singing, I honestly didn't know what was going on, was someone being killed, having a heart attack, I couldn't work it out. When my ears finally became accustomed to the sound I realised she was attempting to sing 😂😂😂. Bless her, I'm sure she believes she was friends with Peaches

• Haha
Reactions: 4

It's a wild ride. 😂 😂 😂
Researching the cult leader and I came across this, the early days where ...😂 🐯

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just finished reading both threads. Bob, Michael, and Paula repeating their parents' mistakes and this is where it ends up.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned in either thread (and I thought of it when someone said that Paula seemed to be acting out some kind of childhood trauma) is that I'm sure I once read an interview with Paula where she said she lost her virginity aged 12 to a man in his 30s or 40s. Obviously a 12 year old child cannot consent to sex so I did wonder whether rape having been her first experience was the trigger that hurtled her down this hyper-sexual path that unbalanced her life, where her obsession with whatever man it was at the time overshadowed every other thing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.