Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
.Although it clearly was a "thing" for many people, I can remember years ago, it being referred to as "Irish contraception"! 😲
I’m Irish I never heard that expression maybe I’ve been sheltered 🤣 I always heard that Muslim girls favoured it to preserve their virginity for marriage.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m Irish I never heard that expression maybe I’ve been sheltered 🤣 I always heard that Muslim girls favoured it to preserve their virginity for marriage.
I’ve heard of fundamentalist/evangelical Christian having bum sex to present virginity but I’ve never heard it from catholics!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I heard it was the American girls thing? Anything but foof.

You know what, Paula could be really funny sometimes too, you lot make me laugh you do x

download.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Michael looked rough when be was with her. Mystify is a really good documentary about him
It was a great documentary, I was moved by Kylie's recollection of their time together. I don't know if it's true but I remember the tabloids reporting that Paula didn't want his exes at the funeral.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’ve heard of fundamentalist/evangelical Christian having bum sex to present virginity but I’ve never heard it from catholics!
It was hilarious when they did that on Downton Abbey. To preserve Mary lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Back to Peaches 😂
Does anyone remember this programme when she went to Morocco? As a study of Islam. I watched it at the time and it was so cringe. Her main conclusion - 'like, there just doesn't seem to be any fashion'. Tbf she was 17.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Does this thread load super slowly for anyone else? Same with the gender thread. Makes me wonder if they’re being monitored.

*polishes tin hat*

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Peaches death had everything to do with the loss of Paula. Not only did she have to deal with this massive trauma, I don’t think the years leading up to it were particularly happy or stable either. She was only six when her parents broke up, and then she had to contend with her mother’s obsessive new relationship. I bet all the kids felt abandoned and pushed out. I can’t imagine Bob was a safe, secure and loving figure during all this either. It makes me shudder to think how much the kids suffered and how they seemed to be left to their own devices to party with older men/swan off to the States to “work” and basically do whatever they wanted.

I believe it's quite well known that Bob was an emotionally and physically distant father, who left the kids to their own devices (nannies when they were younger) in their own wing in his huge house. Peaches often mentioned the fact that her and her sisters didn't get to grieve their mother properly - they were all sent to school the day after Paula's death, as if nothing had happened. "The show must go on" was his motto, it seems. Those poor little girls.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm going to have to watch this, is it on YouTube?
I must be too young but I dont think I'd know any of his songs, he always looked a bit grubby
INXS were SUCH a good band. Their music was amazing - you must go & listen now. Never Tear us Apart is one of the best rock love songs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does this thread load super slowly for anyone else? Same with the gender thread. Makes me wonder if they’re being monitored.

*polishes tin hat*
It's happening to me on every thread and I have locked myself in a room, and put foil on the windows as well as on my head 👀 🕵

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I just spent way to much time reading both of the Peaches threads. Clearly I have too much time on my hands, but it’s been a fascinating read.

I was a little jealous of Peaches when I was younger. We were born in the same year. I think it was in her column for Elle Girl that I first heard of her, 2003 maybe? I was very much obsessed with the London indie thing going on at the time and I was pissed that a girl (who seemed to be just like any other random girl) was being handed the lifestyle I wanted because of her famous dad. Yes, it’s incredibly embarrassing to think that I was once so bratty.

That said, I remember seeing Peaches on the cover of Elle - I think it was the cover - after she’d had either one or both sons and she looked beautiful and sounded so mature. I also saw her take on Katie Hopkins and thought she did so well. It changed my opinion. I’d also done some growing up and was less of a brat myself. It was a shock to hear she’d died and it was very sad.

Reading more about the family here I can see how the trauma has likely been passed down through the generations and it goes some way to explain Peaches’ addictions. Recent research has shown that trauma changes a persons’ DNA and this can be passed on genetically. It’s not an excuse for addiction, but it’s somewhat of an explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It was hilarious when they did that on Downton Abbey. To preserve Mary lol
What?! I have never seen Downton, had no idea it featured BUM sex?!!!!!!

[
I think she would have been very insecure about ageing and would have embraced Botox, fillers and surgeries with gusto. I think she would have had relationships with men quite a bit younger than her. She would be giving interviews about how she’s a cool grandmother but hates being called “grandma”. I’m not sure if she would have had an enduring career on telly. The flirty, coquettish schtick would have looked a bit embarrassing from an older woman.
I kind of imagine her going a bit Ulrika, how UJ is now with her complete lack of filter when divulging details of her personal life on the gram.
Or she sticks with the sexy schtick and carries on presenting and interviewing as a saucier version of Mrs Merton
It's very sad, someone posted a pic with her, Michael and peaches altogether and it really brings it home how tragic it's been for them and their families.
Really hope the remaining three girls/ women are making happier lives for themselves

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I just spent way to much time reading both of the Peaches threads. Clearly I have too much time on my hands, but it’s been a fascinating read.

I was a little jealous of Peaches when I was younger. We were born in the same year. I think it was in her column for Elle Girl that I first heard of her, 2003 maybe? I was very much obsessed with the London indie thing going on at the time and I was pissed that a girl (who seemed to be just like any other random girl) was being handed the lifestyle I wanted because of her famous dad. Yes, it’s incredibly embarrassing to think that I was once so bratty.

That said, I remember seeing Peaches on the cover of Elle - I think it was the cover - after she’d had either one or both sons and she looked beautiful and sounded so mature. I also saw her take on Katie Hopkins and thought she did so well. It changed my opinion. I’d also done some growing up and was less of a brat myself. It was a shock to hear she’d died and it was very sad.

Reading more about the family here I can see how the trauma has likely been passed down through the generations and it goes some way to explain Peaches’ addictions. Recent research has shown that trauma changes a persons’ DNA and this can be passed on genetically. It’s not an excuse for addiction, but it’s somewhat of an explanation.
17 year old me in 2008 wrote to her Disappear Here magazine asking for an internship but she never replied :(

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I believe it's quite well known that Bob was an emotionally and physically distant father, who left the kids to their own devices (nannies when they were younger) in their own wing in his huge house. Peaches often mentioned the fact that her and her sisters didn't get to grieve their mother properly - they were all sent to school the day after Paula's death, as if nothing had happened. "The show must go on" was his motto, it seems. Those poor little girls.
Sent to school the next day?
Where are the ‘beloved’ nannies & BFFs in all of this?
Duty of care at schools?
Beggars belief at the insensitivities & self-absorption of the adults in this privileged milieu.

That said, there is an interesting book out at the moment, Bodies by Ian Windwood.
Here’s his article in Telegraph: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/w...always-drugs-rock-n-roll-dream-almost-killed/
& review in the Gruniad: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...Wy2EI4ZwcMsVqGATkDI1nS0_AQ2-St02PDmgdpHGzQ4fk
Just how elementarily duck’d up, substance dependent & financially exploitative the ‘Rock’n’Roll industry is - no surprise there, but IW spells it out.
Saint Bob of that parish & his R&R mateys are the survivors (some only just) & thrive of that thrash, somehow seeing the world through the eyes of young vulnerable girls is unlikely to occur as default.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What?! I have never seen Downton, had no idea it featured BUM sex?!!!!!!

[

I kind of imagine her going a bit Ulrika,
Yes!! Mary had a foreign suitor who died in her bed. He “preserved her virtue” ie-bum sex!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.