Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Leave me out of the oyster fandango bit - I'm allergic!

I'm old and some of this stuff is boggling my wee mind 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She starts out all serious in black and investigative then, those bloody cat ears go on, wtf? It's like she's a trained coquettish kitten or something?! He acts like he thinks he is too good to be interviewed by her and refers to 'going all Benny Hill', well he can talk, love the music but we heard about that young lass back in the day too, Starman. I reckon he's got a line of something up his noz.
I don't think Paula had interviewing skills she came up against a brick wall here because Bowie wasn't flirting with her and the whole thing fell flat on its face. Then again Bowie was a pretentious over rated dic*head.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What would Paula be doing now if she had survived, do you think?
I think she would have been very insecure about ageing and would have embraced Botox, fillers and surgeries with gusto. I think she would have had relationships with men quite a bit younger than her. She would be giving interviews about how she’s a cool grandmother but hates being called “grandma”. I’m not sure if she would have had an enduring career on telly. The flirty, coquettish schtick would have looked a bit embarrassing from an older woman.

Reactions: 29
I think she would have been very insecure about ageing and would have embraced Botox, fillers and surgeries with gusto. I think she would have had relationships with men quite a bit younger than her. She would be giving interviews about how she’s a cool grandmother but hates being called “grandma”. I’m not sure if she would have had an enduring career on telly. The flirty, coquettish schtick would have looked a bit embarrassing from an older woman.
I wonder would she have repaired her relationship with Bob Geldof (i mean on a platonic level), or instead got very publicly bitter about Jeanne...

She could have ended up as a tv talent show judge or something like that too, if she had kept her bib clean.

I often wonder would Peaches have tragically died so young from drugs, if Paula had survived.

Reactions: 13
I think Peaches death had everything to do with the loss of Paula. Not only did she have to deal with this massive trauma, I don’t think the years leading up to it were particularly happy or stable either. She was only six when her parents broke up, and then she had to contend with her mother’s obsessive new relationship. I bet all the kids felt abandoned and pushed out. I can’t imagine Bob was a safe, secure and loving figure during all this either. It makes me shudder to think how much the kids suffered and how they seemed to be left to their own devices to party with older men/swan off to the States to “work” and basically do whatever they wanted.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I could see Paula having a string of toyboys, and also trying to reinvent herself into some sort of wellness guru like a lot of the Primrose Hill set.

She would also publish a sex book about rimming.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Blimey, PY would be about about 63 now, she was dating Finlay not long before she died, Finlay is known on the scene for slapping his ladies around. I didn't realise she was that much older than me. I think she might of turned up with old Janet 'nasher's' Street Porter on Loose Women. I don't think Bob would of had her back. (I have possible tea on Porter btw from her shagging Normski days. It involves a phone box, a private house party and an o.d., if I remember the story right.)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Spill that tea! I love a bit of Street Porter goss.

As for oysters, they LOOK like fannies, so I’m not sure why you’d want to put them in one. Fanny overload.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Blimey, PY would be about about 63 now, she was dating Finlay not long before she died, Finlay is known on the scene for slapping his ladies around. I didn't realise she was that much older than me. I think she might of turned up with old Janet 'nasher's' Street Porter on Loose Women. I don't think Bob would of had her back. (I have possible tea on Porter btw from her shagging Normski days. It involves a phone box, a private house party and an o.d., if I remember the story right.)
I almost posted that I could imagine Paula as a Janet Street Porter type rent a gob on Loose Women but I thought maybe I was taking my imagination too far, haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep panellist and columnist. Maybe wellness guru as suggested (totally fabricated lifestyle, it would all be lies).
I think her life would be fairly chaotic behind the scenes - overspending, debt, Twitter outbursts, ill-advised relationships and short marriages, domestic violence. I don't know if she'd have been able to get herself clean from heroin. She'd probably proclaim she was but secretly be a functional addict or in a methadone programme like Peaches.

I think she'd have had a rough few years in the early-mid noughties then used social media and magazine spreads (Hello! Ok!) to reinvent herself.

Maybe Bob would have her blackballed in the industry if she was too outspoken about their marriage/him.

I wonder about her relationship with her daughters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I don't think Paula had interviewing skills she came up against a brick wall here because Bowie wasn't flirting with her and the whole thing fell flat on its face. Then again Bowie was a pretentious over rated dic*head.
This is a famous clip. Bowie and Paula Yates were very friendly - he gave her away at her marriage to Bob. He's teasing her/deliberately being annoying and she's laughing at the end because she knows what he's doing - it's not a genuinely awkward interaction.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Spill that tea! I love a bit of Street Porter goss.

As for oysters, they LOOK like fannies, so I’m not sure why you’d want to put them in one. Fanny overload.

screen-shot-2017-06-20-at-1.28.55-pm.png

Tea? Me? It's an old one, rave day era, mid '90's, private house party, Norm's spinning the decks and everyones having a grand old time. Ohh deary deary me, I seem to of forgotten totally what I was told happened next!

So instead I shall remind you of the case of a very famous rock star who rumour says died behind some doors in a club loo after o.d.ing and was taken back to the bath in his hotel where the press said he was really found. It's an embarrassing PR situation for a club or a well known person to be associated with right? Replace very famous for not famous and bath for ☎box.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
This is a famous clip. Bowie and Paula Yates were very friendly - he gave her away at her marriage to Bob. He's teasing her/deliberately being annoying and she's laughing at the end because she knows what he's doing - it's not a genuinely awkward interaction.
He made her look like an incompetent Pratt, some friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her interview style would have become outdated but she was a talented writer, knew everyone, so I think, had she managed to pull herself out of the depression and alcohol abuse, she could have had long term success writing again. The talent show judge thing could also have worked given her start on The Tube, her insider knowledge and contacts.

I wonder if she would’ve done reality tv too? Towards the end, she became quite indiscriminate about the type of work she took on, simply because she had so much debt and she wasn’t being offered anything better.

Reactions: 4
I shall warn Mr Merton should the occasion ever arise that he gets hungry for some curd, thank you Nurse Mongoose. Fortunately though I haven't had thrush for years, waheyyyyyyy. Oi, oi, get here Mr Merton, it's tea time! 😂
I am crying with laughter!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wonder if she would’ve done reality tv too? Towards the end, she became quite indiscriminate about the type of work she took on, simply because she had so much debt and she wasn’t being offered anything better.
Yes she would have done I'm a celebrity and celeb BB and would have shagged some guy on TV.

He made her look like an incompetent Pratt, some friend.
Like the French and Saunders one. Great friends apparently and it was a joke 🙄 Yet they just seemed downright nasty to her. If you have to have the backstory pointed out to see it was all just a funny spoof then it isn't very funny imo.
Very different times to The One Show 😂

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.