Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep this also bothered me at the inquest... He knew she was back on drugs recently (he said he found drugs in the house and made her flush them down the toilet in Feb, she died in April) yet he left her with the baby overnight. I know drug addicts can be convincing liars but surely he'd see more telltale signs that she was back on it again just before she died? Unless they were living apart secretly (I don't think they were, but I did wonder this with him staying at his parents and his dad dropping one of the babies back at the house, was there some arrangement).

Plus, he didn't hear back from her that night after the drop off yet didn't get concerned until following morning, seemed odd.

I'm not having a go at the poor guy and he seemd like a nice man, but I find some of these events strange and wonder was there more to it.
yeah it is very odd how he would just leave the baby alone with her knowing she was using. My heart breaks how that little boy must have been crying out 😔. Anyone remember reading this blind?https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/10/todays-blind-items-he-killed-her.html?m=1

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I'm not having a go at the poor guy and he seemd like a nice man, but I find some of these events strange and wonder was there more to it.
It’s not having a go at all - there is so much about his actions that just does not make any sense. Even the bit about him saying he had checked the attic for drugs. It makes it sound as if he was being thorough but it was unnecessary - addicts want drugs within reach. So he checked the attic but not the cupboards in the house? It just seems an odd thing to volunteer.

And no I’m not saying it’s his fault. I do find it extremely hard to believe anyone in his shoes could think she wasn’t in danger of relapsing (if not already back using) and maybe shouldn’t be left alone with an 11 month old baby in the lead up to her mother’s birthday. Addicts lie and they are very convincing - three years on he would have been well versed in that behaviour.

With that many burnt spoons around the house he can’t have even checked her arms for track marks before he left? Of course an addict wouldn’t let you see their arms but then in that case you insist on taking the baby with you.

Reactions: 18
It’s not having a go at all - there is so much about his actions that just does not make any sense. Even the bit about him saying he had checked the attic for drugs. It makes it sound as if he was being thorough but it was unnecessary - addicts want drugs within reach. So he checked the attic but not the cupboards in the house? It just seems an odd thing to volunteer.

And no I’m not saying it’s his fault. I do find it extremely hard to believe anyone in his shoes could think she wasn’t in danger of relapsing (if not already back using) and maybe shouldn’t be left alone with an 11 month old baby in the lead up to her mother’s birthday. Addicts lie and they are very convincing - three years on he would have been well versed in that behaviour.

With that many burnt spoons around the house he can’t have even checked her arms for track marks before he left? Of course an addict wouldn’t let you see their arms but then in that case you insist on taking the baby with you.
they lived together seemed to have done a lot of family things together he will have known 1000%. Addicts try their very best to hide the evidence of using and then with the very good lies. I get it they can be extremely good. I’ve seen and heard all kinds of things you can imagine from them but truth is it’s not hard to tell especially from a heroin and crack user. I know it was said she wasnt taking crack but just saying the tell tale signs are not at all hard to spot.

Reactions: 10
Apparently there were multiple marks on her arms so l do wonder if they were living together. Maybe it was tough love.

She did make poor choices but it is a tragic tale. It's like something Shakespeare would have dreamt up.

Reactions: 13
So she was addicted for three years according to the inquest. Had Phaedra on 24 April 2013 (c-section arranged to fall on Paula’s birthday), tested clean in the November (according to the husband), was found using again the February, and overdosed 6-7 April 2014.

What the police found at the home:

* 34 medical syringes - some with needles, some without. Some contained traces of brown residue
* One capped syringe was in a cardboard sweet box
* 45 packaged and sealed syringes, alcohol wipes and cotton buds
* Three pairs of black knotted tights
* A burnt spoon under the bed, and other burnt spoons throughout the house
* A quantity of brown powder hidden inside a cupboard over a bedroom door
* The brown powder was found to be 6.91g of heroin with a purity of 61%, making it 'importation quality' and worth between £350 and £550

So the husband was living under a rock or…?
And this is why it fucks me off when people say she was a loving mother doing that crap in her families home, those boys could have got hold of any number of those drugs or paraphernalia but cause she lived in a mansion she seen as a good mother, does my bleeping head in

Reactions: 29
I think she must have been very convincing. His parents seem to be quite sensible, his dad a social worker and he dropped the baby off with her. I doubt he would have left him with her if he thought she was a danger to him.
Thomas and Peaches were both really young and maybe he wanted to believe she could change or just thought she wouldn’t use while the children were there? I guess it depends how functioning she was at the time?

Reactions: 10
His mother is an artist and there was a comment by her on one of her art Insta accounts about her doing home schooling. I wonder how much TC helped?

Reactions: 6
I can't understand why you would leave your baby overnight with someone you would even suspect was using - especially if she was a proponent of sleeping in the same bed as the baby. She could easily smother the baby if she was out of it.

Reactions: 14
Silly Q- how do people act on heroin? Is it like train spotting where they pass out or can you function??

Reactions: 5
Silly Q- how do people act on heroin? Is it like train spotting where they pass out or can you function??
Yes you go high whilst on it then you will level out for abit, but if you don’t get your next fix on time you would be a nightmare to be around, and you will start needing more of it. Sadly most people die from relapsing as they don’t have the same tolerance they once had. I’m not sure if this is what happened to peaches as when they tested the pruerity it was high, which means it hadn’t been cut (mixed with a bulking product)

Reactions: 9
Was Bob also having affairs during his marriage to Paula?

If Paula Yates had survived and got off drugs, would she have shaped herself into some sort of Loose Women contributor type? Would Peaches have stayed on the straight and narrow and off drugs if she hadn't had to deal with the grief of her mothers death?

I still remember listening to Atlantic 252 back in 2000 and the dj saying between songs "breaking news that Paula Yates has just died", I was surprised but not shocked, she seemed like a broken woman.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
So glad I found this thread. I’m a few years younger than peaches and her death really shocked me, especially as she had her two young babies and I didn’t know she was a heroin user.

Reactions: 7
Was Bob also having affairs during his marriage to Paula?I

If Paula Yates had survived and got off drugs, would she have shaped herself into some sort of Loose Women contributor type? Would Peaches have stayed on the straight and narrow and off drugs if she hadn't had to deal with the grief of her mothers death?

I still remember listening to Atlantic 252 back in 2000 and the dj saying between songs "breaking news that Paula Yates has just died", I was surprised but not shocked, she seemed like a broken woman.
She took risks

Reactions: 4
I think she must have been very convincing. His parents seem to be quite sensible, his dad a social worker and he dropped the baby off with her. I doubt he would have left him with her if he thought she was a danger to him.
Thomas and Peaches were both really young and maybe he wanted to believe she could change or just thought she wouldn’t use while the children were there? I guess it depends how functioning she was at the time?
So I know someone who has a very serious and debilitating alcohol addiction. She is a lovely, kind, churchgoing woman and not the type to fit your stereotypical vision of an 'addict'. She's very high functioning until she isn't: then she's found wandering the streets at odd hours, falling over and giving herself black eyes, having to pull out of commitments last minute because she's drank too much and her children have had to put her to bed etc. It's really sad but you wouldn't know it at all to look at her and she isn't in a place where she'll accept help at this point, so her loved ones' hands are tied.

I feel like Peaches was probably the same. She probably knew enough about how much heroin she needed to fend off withdrawal and function but on the night she died was injecting stronger gear than she was used to in the quantities she normally took. I also think Tom and his parents probably wanted her to get help but knew forcing an addict into help they don't want rarely works so formed an arrangement that worked for her sake but also, more importantly, for the kids.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
yeah it is very odd how he would just leave the baby alone with her knowing she was using. My heart breaks how that little boy must have been crying out 😔. Anyone remember reading this blind?https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/10/todays-blind-items-he-killed-her.html?m=1
Wow interesting, as as I was catching up on this thread before I even got to yours, I did think was he involved and was so annoyed with her he helped her along her destructive way (without her knowing). I mean, tbf we don’t know what it was like living with her. Did he let her get on with it knowing she’d go too far.

Reactions: 2
Possibly but if that’s the case why on earth would he take the toddler and leave the baby behind with her? Why didn’t he take them both if she was obviously using again?

Reactions: 3
Possibly but if that’s the case why on earth would he take the toddler and leave the baby behind with her? Why didn’t he take them both if she was obviously using again?
Unless he was certain in himself that she would not dare shoot up when one of/both the kids was present. How wrong he and they all were.

Reactions: 4
I've wondered if he left the baby with her as an incentive for her to not use. Maybe she convinced him she'd never take drugs with the babies around or if she was alone with them. My take on Tom is that he was young, naive and didn't fully understand the severity of her addiction. Peaches grew up with Paula and/or Michael being off their heads while Tom seems to have had a regular upbringing and I'd assume hadn't been around addicts so hadn't the experience to deal with Peaches properly.

Reactions: 13
He also brought the youngest back having already been at his parents' house. I think it's likely that the baby was wanting his mum and wouldn't settle or maybe she was missing him.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just started reading Gerry Agar’s Paula, Michael and Bob. Fascinating but I do feel grubby and guilty!

So far, Gerry has been flattering of Paula but some friend, writing an expose...

I googled the age at which Paula died out of interest (41 years old) and read that she died on Pixie’s 10th birthday!! 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.