Peaches Geldof #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always disliked Noel since that comment. Poor Michael looked crushed and it affected him badly for a long time.
The comment often gets attributed to Liam, but for once he was entirely innocent.
I'm not sure Liam would've said something like that. I see it as a jealous comment and as Liam's a handsome man himself, he wouldnt have needed to.

Has Noel addressed the comment?
I saw him once walking . He is pocket sized. He was wearing a cross body man bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm not sure Liam would've said something like that. I see it as a jealous comment and as Liam's a handsome man himself, he wouldnt have needed to.

I saw him once walking . He is pocket sized. He was wearing a cross body man bag.
I remember watching those Brit awards as they aired and up until the documentary I would have sworn blind that it was Liam who said it. It might have been something to do with the rumour that Michael threw a fire extinguisher at Liam backstage.

As far as I know, Noel has never addressed it publicly.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I watched the doc on catch up. He was so fragile. I forget how the paps were in London at that time. That interview on BB 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I vaguely remember Noel mentioning it in an interview a few years ago. From memory he blamed his comment on drugs and said he would never say anything like that now. So a complete non apology. He didn't seem particularly sorry - just justifying why he said it.
Horrible.

Reactions: 11

Liam's an eejit, I've never thought he was the brightest bulb. Noel, however, is far smarter and would've known exactly what to say to really wound someone.

• Sad
The thing that upset me about what Noel said is that MH kind of shrugged on stage. In some way, I’d have felt less sorry for him if he’d given Noel a push. Something about it taking it from him shows how Noel managed to get him right where it hurts. And it hurt MH because he already thought it himself.
I hadn’t seen it before and didn’t know anything about the head injury.
I wonder what was discussed in that final phone call with sir Bob?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I never took to Paula Yates when she was alive. I thought her talent as a journalist and tv presenter was overrated. She was very fame hungry, and didn't seem like all that nice a person.

I'm also quite cynical of Bob Geldof. Hutch I actually liked a bit more and I thought he was the most decent person of all those involved in this tragic saga.

It was a tragedy for her kids when she died.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think he wanted the kids to come to Oz so Paula could be there and not keep moaning about Bob and the kids etc. I suspect MH just wanted it to stop. It all sounds pretty toxic.

I don't live that far from Bob and everyone thinks he's a prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think he wanted the kids to come to Oz so Paula could be there and not keep moaning about Bob and the kids etc. I suspect MH just wanted it to stop. It all sounds pretty toxic.

Weren't there rumours (I read this somewhere but can't remember the source) that MH was about to leave PY. It seems very plausible.

Spill the tea, what's he done

I found Peaches irritating for years but really thought she had calmed down, wised up and found peace before she died, and I had got to quite like her.

I remember thinking it was so sad that those poor wee boys will have no memory of her. I believe she really loved them.

I did feel there was a bit about the account given of the death and the lead up that seemed "off", it was already discussed in the previous thread.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The thing that upset me about what Noel said is that MH kind of shrugged on stage. In some way, I’d have felt less sorry for him if he’d given Noel a push. Something about it taking it from him shows how Noel managed to get him right where it hurts. And it hurt MH because he already thought it himself.
I hadn’t seen it before and didn’t know anything about the head injury.
I wonder what was discussed in that final phone call with sir Bob?
Re the head injury and he lost taste and smell - this happened to me when i had covid, for a few days and eating was very difficult as i was chewing yuck. It was difficult to swallow and I'd retch. I can't imagine how awful it would be if permanent.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Weren't there rumours (I read this somewhere but can't remember the source) that MH was about to leave PY. It seems very plausible.

Spill the tea, what's he done

I found Peaches irritating for years but really thought she had calmed down, wised up and found peace before she died, and I had got to quite like her.

I remember thinking it was so sad that those poor wee boys will have no memory of her. I believe she really loved them.

I did feel there was a bit about the account given of the death and the lead up that seemed "off", it was already discussed in the previous thread.
Same here, I'm slightly older than Peaches and found her so annoying in her younger years. Then discovered her again a few months before she passed and loved, really loved watching her videos of her and her children. She actually, probably influenced into having children. So sad.

Reactions: 9
watched it last night but found it odd to many other accounts,last night they said he was obsessed with paula (michael)and that she was trying to finish it with him but lots of other sources have said paula was obsessed with him and he wanted to finnish it,i think the later

never liked bob and his kids were bought up with nannies
Paula really snared M and she just came with to many problems and baggage shewas a lways a huge attention seeker and they were rge death of each other it's one huge tragedy for everybody

i believe michael did kill himself pn a spur of the moment decision maybe if he had not been so impulsive things may have been differrent imo but it would of still been a huge mess

Reactions: 9
watched it last night but found it odd to many other accounts,last night they said he was obsessed with paula (michael)and that she was trying to finish it with him but lots of other sources have said paula was obsessed with him and he wanted to finnish it,i think the later

never liked bob and his kids were bought up with nannies
Paula really snared M and she just came with to many problems and baggage shewas a lways a huge attention seeker and they were rge death of each other it's one huge tragedy for everybody

i believe michael did kill himself pn a spur of the moment decision maybe if he had not been so impulsive things may have been differrent imo but it would of still been a huge mess
Haven't watched the doc yet but I agree that's an unusual take on their relationship. General consensus from many sources over the years has been that MH was overwhelmed by the press attention and intensity of Paula's family situation. Paula was completely infatuated with Michael, there's no way she would have wanted to let him go.

I always think it's so sad how, initially, Paula accepted it as suicide and even blamed Bob for 'driving him to it.' But then she just couldn't take that Michael would willingly leave her or Tiger and she told anyone who'd listen about the auto-erotic theory. I think she honestly drove herself mad trying not to believe that Michael took his life 😢😞

Reactions: 3
I suspect MH probably did think the relationship had run its course because that's what he did. He was never going to settle. But the guilt he felt at breaking up a family and Paula being without her children, having to pick between them..

Bob upset locals over some issue with a gate being locked, l think it was public access, but he blocked it due to paps. Then, he applied for a government grant to re - wild hua garden when he can well afford to ir it himself. Generally known to be very tight. Upset the fishermen in Whitstable saying he didn't give a tit about their fishing issues. Keeps threatening to leave and most people wish he would! He isn't there much AFAIK.

Reactions: 12
I suspect MH probably did think the relationship had run its course because that's what he did. He was never going to settle. But the guilt he felt at breaking up a family and Paula being without her children, having to pick between them..

Bob upset locals over some issue with a gate being locked, l think it was public access, but he blocked it due to paps. Then, he applied for a government grant to re - wild hua garden when he can well afford to ir it himself. Generally known to be very tight. Upset the fishermen in Whitstable saying he didn't give a tit about their fishing issues. Keeps threatening to leave and most people wish he would! He isn't there much AFAIK.
Yeah he is a prick, people of faversham aren’t that keen on him, I’ve spotted him a few times and one of my family members lives just behind bobs home

Reactions: 7
Michael Hutchence was no saint by any means but out of the three of them (him, Paula Yates and Bob Geldof) Hutchence was by far the most fundamentally decent human being.

Yes the Bob, Paula and Michael book indicated Michael had started a new relationship in Australia and was looking to extricate himself from Paula and all the drama. But obviously felt massive guilt as it was all so public and they had a child.

Reactions: 11
I never took to Paula Yates when she was alive. I thought her talent as a journalist and tv presenter was overrated. She was very fame hungry, and didn't seem like all that nice a person.

I'm also quite cynical of Bob Geldof. Hutch I actually liked a bit more and I thought he was the most decent person of all those involved in this tragic saga.

It was a tragedy for her kids when she died.
I never liked Paula, I saw her as a big user and the act of being a loving mum was nonsense she was all for herself.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.