Paying off debt support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you cant get a 0% card and transfer them all on to that, start with the smallest one first? as it makes you feel chuffed when you pay it off quicker. I started that way, got the small ones paid off, now I'm paying off the one with the highest interest whilst making minimum payments on the other 2.

I don't recommend a loan. It just gives you more debt. I did the same as logically, your only paying 1 payment. But then I just racked up more debt, so took another loan to pay off the loan and the debt which has put me in even more debt. I went from having about 8k debt to now 18k debt.

As I said before, snowball it first, start small (depending on what your debt is like) and then once the little ones are paid off, chip away at the one that charges the most interest.
Such good advice here

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m in around £20k debt between 2 loans and a credit card. The payments every month just have me reaching back for the credit card before pay day rolls around again.
I’m reluctant to enter a payment plan or have it written off and impact my credit rating longer term.
I’m looking more at consolidating it as I feel like I’m paying more than I could be each month as it’s in three different places.
Any time I look for advice it’s all about writing it off.
Has anyone sat down with someone who can help them manage to get their debt under control in a cost effective way?
Looking for recommendations of organisations/companies as financial advisers aren’t giving debt as an option when querying

I’m in around £20k debt between 2 loans and a credit card. The payments every month just have me reaching back for the credit card before pay day rolls around again.
I’m reluctant to enter a payment plan or have it written off and impact my credit rating longer term.
I’m looking more at consolidating it as I feel like I’m paying more than I could be each month as it’s in three different places.
Any time I look for advice it’s all about writing it off.
Has anyone sat down with someone who can help them manage to get their debt under control in a cost effective way?
Looking for recommendations of organisations/companies as financial advisers aren’t giving debt as an option when querying
Not used a finance person, or anything like that but Have you looked at the snowball method? Paying the smallest first, paying minimum payments on the other 2 and blasting the smaller one till its paid, and so on?

Does anyone have recommendations for a 0% balance transfer credit card please? To be fair my debt isn't massive, just a credit card with a balance of £750 ish to pay off and then added interest at 34.9% APR but I am only paying the min payment and was looking to move it over to get it away quicker!

I’ve just made the decision to come out of my Iva after 16months. I had my first review yesterday and feel like I was sold a dream. I feel mentally ready to actually tackle my debt now and kinda wish I hadn’t done the Iva but here I am.

Does anyone have recommendations for a 0% balance transfer credit card please? To be fair my debt isn't massive, just a credit card with a balance of £750 ish to pay off and then added interest at 34.9% APR but I am only paying the min payment and was looking to move it over to get it away quicker!
Have you checked on Martin Lewis' website? He has an eligibility calculator and it's really good as it will show you the offers and if you are pre-approved for any.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve just made the decision to come out of my Iva after 16months. I had my first review yesterday and feel like I was sold a dream. I feel mentally ready to actually tackle my debt now and kinda wish I hadn’t done the Iva but here I am.
I had an Iva that I didn’t need🙃

Have you checked on Martin Lewis' website? He has an eligibility calculator and it's really good as it will show you the offers and if you are pre-approved for any.
oh my goodness you angel! I didn't know this was a thing, thank you so, so much!! xx