Part Time Working Mummy #25 Astrid hunny watch your back, Single White Female 2 is back!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are thousands of kids in the same boat, they can’t all be granted a free pass! My eldest is year 6 and I’m all for her restarting the year in September so she gets to leave primary school properly. It wont happen but I think it should, for Year 6 and Years 11 and 13. No one should have a free pass and not have to take exams, and I think most kids would actually like to sit them. A lot of the Year 6 kids I know are gutted not to be doing the SATs, even though they mean nothing, because they’ve spent all year and parts of Year 5 working towards this.
My boy is year 10. Half way through his GCSEs and missing at least 4 months of formal education. Work is sent home, teachers available by email but definitely not as effective as being in school and in a room with your teacher on hand. I'm not telling him 'it's ok, you can just say you were the class of 2021 and everyone will understand' I'm saying to him 'when you get back to school you need to get your head down and work like hell!'

I feel very sorry for all the kids in the final years (year 6, 11 and 13) but I feel sorry for the kids in year 10 and 12 too. They will still be expected to do their exams next year, despite missing 4 months.

My point is, I think, Rachaeaeaeaele is really doing Betsy no favours by continually making her think people will give her leeway because of what's happened. Real life isn't like that and she is going to find out the hard way sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So if you are all for year 6, 11 and 13 redoing their year, what about the rest of the years that wouldn't able to move up, to start school, to start Uni etc?

It's affecting everyone's education, not just those specific year groups but going forward I think parents need to stop addressing it as though being the class of 2020 means you can do what you like and all will be forgiven as ptwm seems to be doing.
Couldn’t agree more. My wee boy is supposed to start school in August. With all this going on, I don’t even know what’s going to happen now, same as many others I imagine.

Reactions: 5
I bought these for my mum WHO IS TOXIC. Makes me wonder if her mum is on the payroll and that’s why she puts up with being spoken about like tit.

Also, anyone else find the chat about her weight insensitive and inappropriate?

“How did you lose the baby weight?”

“Oh it was all the fault of the TROLLS, I lost so much weight I was under 8 stone even though I constantly pigged out on crap, had my husband send me takeaways and lived on McDonald’s.”

Now she’s pretending Josh is making her fat, which is untrue as she clearly has a fast metabolism hence why she can eat so much tit and stay skinny, and also it’s really insensitive to people who are overweight. “See, I’m going to be rolled out of here” says the woman of 8 stone 🙄

So if you are all for year 6, 11 and 13 redoing their year, what about the rest of the years that wouldn't able to move up, to start school, to start Uni etc?

It's affecting everyone's education, not just those specific year groups but going forward I think parents need to stop addressing it as though being the class of 2020 means you can do what you like and all will be forgiven as ptwm seems to be doing.
Oh I meant all years. My son is Year 4, not engaging in the work the school is setting for him to do at home, and I fear for him having to start Year 5, knowing how much harder the work will be than it was this year, having finished Year 4 half a year too soon. I think it benefit every child to be kept where they are and to move up next year. My teacher friends agree and are concerned about how they will cope with new classes in September with some children who will have done loads of work at home and be fully prepared while others literally will have done nothing since March.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
I bought these for my mum WHO IS TOXIC. Makes me wonder if her mum is on the payroll and that’s why she puts up with being spoken about like tit.

“Oh it was all the fault of the TROLLS, I lost so much weight I was under 8 stone even though I constantly pigged out on crap, had my husband send me takeaways and lived on McDonald’s.”

Now she’s pretending Josh is making her fat, which is untrue as she clearly has a fast metabolism hence why she can eat so much tit and stay skinny, and also it’s really insensitive to people who are overweight. “See, I’m going to be rolled out of here” says the woman of 8 stone 🙄
I can’t stand people who do that. It just comes across as a thinly-veiled dig and attempt at having people gushing over how great her body looks. I get that having a fast metabolism is just your luck most of the time, but come on. We all know someone who behaves like that, knowing fine well they’re far from being a whale.

Reactions: 9
Meanwhile we've seen Josh strutting about like a Sergeant Major instructing them to stop talking etc while they're working.

That 'class of 2020' thing is really starting to get on my nerves. Yes, the year 11 and year 13 kids have had a tough year. No doubt about it. But I can pretty much guarantee that no employer will give a tit about if you were class of 2020 or not, it is not going to be a free pass to get you through life and in 3 years time, nobody will care what year you finished school. You'll either be employed or not employed. Kind or in Betsy's case...unkind. You will not be 'Betsy, from the class of 2020' and you will not get any kind of free green light just because you missed the end of your schooling.
I am fortunate that my kids are now grown up, I am not really up to date with how this years exams are going to play out, however I did read that maybe results will be based on expected results.
I had a conversation about this with my daughter who did her GCSEs 2 years ago, she was expected all A’s and B’s......she ended up with 1 A, 2 B and the rest C’s.....Because the truth is her anxiety came into play and overwhelmed her.
So this class of 2020 will work in some kids favour if it’s true!!!

Reactions: 8
I am fortunate that my kids are now grown up, I am not really up to date with how this years exams are going to play out, however I did read that maybe results will be based on expected results.
I had a conversation about this with my daughter who did her GCSEs 2 years ago, she was expected all A’s and B’s......she ended up with 1 A, 2 B and the rest C’s.....Because the truth is her anxiety came into play and overwhelmed her.
Yes, true, and that’s not very fair either but it is what it is. I think government will choose that option rather than allowing them to finish the year properly.

Reactions: 2
Also, blaming the trolls and saying she runs around after 6 kids all day. Haha! When have we ever seen her run? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Funniest and most untrue thing she’s ever said ; run around after six kids my arse 😁😁😁😁😁.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Absolutely, some kids are going to do very well getting the grades based on predicted and previous mock results. There are also, of course, the kids that will dip out due to that. The ones that got a poor mock result and would have revised like crazy and pulled it out of the bag and shocked everyone on the actual exam. I don't think there is an easy answer unfortunately...

Reactions: 10

Oh I meant all years. My son is Year 4, not engaging in the work the school is setting for him to do at home, and I fear for him having to start Year 5, knowing how much harder the work will be than it was this year, having finished Year 4 half a year too soon. I think it benefit every child to be kept where they are and to move up next year. My teacher friends agree and are concerned about how they will cope with new classes in September with some children who will have done loads of work at home and be fully prepared while others literally will have done nothing since March.
If you keep every year to repeat their year then new school starters wouldn't be able to start and there would be a whole year of no one starting University.

That would be more of an impact than three months of missing school.

Reactions: 4
If you keep every year to repeat their year then new school starters wouldn't be able to start and there would be a whole year of no one starting University.

That would be more of an impact than three months of missing school.
It’s likely to be the whole five months, which is almost half a school year. There will be kids starting new year groups and even schools having done no work since March - sadly there are a lot of children whose parents barely manage to feed and safeguard them at home let alone educate them. It’s a massive headache for the teachers and so many children will fall behind. There is already so much disparity (I work in a school and see it firsthand daily) between the children who have invested parents and those who do not. The after effects of this will be felt for years. Once children start to seriously fall behind, which half a year’s missed learning would easily do, it is very difficult for school alone to help them to catch up, there just aren’t the resources available.

How tit was that new cheeky wipes video/ad or whatever it is was..on her Facebook..I'm sure I saw baby wipes in her Tesco trolley a few weeks ago 😂😂 could be wrong though... she doesnt use the disposable nappies she was gifted either??
It was blatantly a "I've paid for this and I'm doing a demo so we either "work together" or I get #gifted or #ads for all the free promo I'm doing"

Apart from the fact she failed to mention that the wipes should be taken out of the soaked water after 48 hours if not used to keep them from going mouldy. Most people i know who also use cloth wipes tend to get the worst of it off the wipe before washing too so it isnt in the washing machine!

Reactions: 7
She shouldn't be taking iron or giving it to betsy without blood tests first as it can cause more harm than good, I'm anaemic and can't get it prescribed as I'm borderline and doctors constantly tell me I'll overdose on iron if I take anything. Really stupid thing to advertise. Has she actually done a proper advert for that iron?

• Heart
Having read all those stories and looked at the wipes video, the only thing I can say is how spectacularly boring. I was hoping for something more riveting. She has changed 😂. It’s like Netmums 🤔. One thing though, I honestly do not see what women see in Josh. Does anyone here think he is fit and if so what is it you like about him? I’m genuinely curious
Thread Name: Ask Rach a question, she will give you the scoop. Just don’t dare ask for the actual truth

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She shouldn't be taking iron or giving it to betsy without blood tests first as it can cause more harm than good, I'm anaemic and can't get it prescribed as I'm borderline and doctors constantly tell me I'll overdose on iron if I take anything. Really stupid thing to advertise. Has she actually done a proper advert for that iron?
Betsy is vegetarian, it is advised for vegetarians/vegans to take B12 supplements as it is a vitamin mostly sourced in meat. Also, there's no harm in taking iron either. But yes, you're right. It's not something she should advertise as different people have different needs for vitamins. If she gad a healthier diet, she probay wouldn't need to take iron tablets!

Betsy is vegetarian, it is advised for vegetarians/vegans to take B12 supplements as it is a vitamin mostly sourced in meat. Also, there's no harm in taking iron either. But yes, you're right. It's not something she should advertise as different people have different needs for vitamins. If she gad a healthier diet, she probay wouldn't need to take iron tablets!

Taking iron supplements when you are not anaemic impedes the bodies ability to take on iron from food. I’m a vegetarian and do not need to take iron, plenty of veg is rich in iron and a better source than red meat. Literally chuck some spinach in whatever you’re cooking and you’ll have a boost. Betsy is probs her 2nd best selling child atm that’s why she says that she takes them.

Also regarding the troll post- not exactly hard to stalk someone on social media with an open account is it? Its really not the same as actually being stalked .... twit.

Reactions: 13
Taking iron supplements when you are not anaemic impedes the bodies ability to take on iron from food. I’m a vegetarian and do not need to take iron, plenty of veg is rich in iron and a better source than red meat. Literally chuck some spinach in whatever you’re cooking and you’ll have a boost. Betsy is probs her 2nd best selling child atm that’s why she says that she takes them.

Also regarding the troll post- not exactly hard to stalk someone on social media with an open account is it? Its really not the same as actually being stalked .... twit.
Exactly; if you have a public social media account, ANYONE can see it. Yes you can block them but they can still view everything on public apps like Gramster. It’s not stalking. If you don’t like it or feel threatened, privatise your account and stop profiting from it.

Reactions: 12
Thread title - trolls, please stop stalking Rancid Rachel's public page, she only wants followers that will pay her a wage

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It’s likely to be the whole five months, which is almost half a school year. There will be kids starting new year groups and even schools having done no work since March - sadly there are a lot of children whose parents barely manage to feed and safeguard them at home let alone educate them. It’s a massive headache for the teachers and so many children will fall behind. There is already so much disparity (I work in a school and see it firsthand daily) between the children who have invested parents and those who do not. The after effects of this will be felt for years. Once children start to seriously fall behind, which half a year’s missed learning would easily do, it is very difficult for school alone to help them to catch up, there just aren’t the resources available.
So what are the benefits of everyone repeating their current year?

What about the ones who are starting school? Where do they go? They are too old. To stay in early years and this would then affect early years settings who are not insured to have over 4 year olds. They can't go to school as this would double class sizes in nursery as they are all repeating a year.

The universities would have no new starters and every year going up would be missing a year. What about those that teach there and the cost of fees that would be missing?

What about the new school started djento start September? They wouldn't be able to start and would either be at home or repeat their last year at nursery. That's disadvantaging them, especially if they are school ready.

I'm afraid that repeating a year will not solve it and could cause more damage and problems. While the foundations for learning are super important there is always opportunities through life to catch up and relearn and better yourself so to speak. Obviously this varies massively from each child and doesn't take into account children with special needs etc who will need extra support and scaffolding but it's extremely naive to think repeating is a year is the solution.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.