Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll be down in London in a few weeks time, and I was considering doing Bushy, but 1000+ people?! No thanks, I'll try a quieter one.
To be fair, bushy is a beautiful park and copes really well with big numbers. For a similar feel but smaller numbers Richmond would be my shout

Reactions: 3
My niece did her first (ish, she did 2 of the 3 laps but then wanted a shot in the play park instead ) park run today aged 3! Very proud aunty 🩷

I follow quite a few of the parkruns round me on the socials, all struggling for volunteers this week

Reactions: 2
We had a stag party at ours today. The groom is getting married this afternoon. He had a sash on and everything and they did the course together in a big group.

Reactions: 6
“Karen is celebrating her 100 park run today, do you think she wants any publicity”

Well the fact Karen has turned up with a 100 balloon im saying yes she does…..

Reactions: 14
I've started to become petty and won't clap when they announce milestones that aren't milestones. "Peter is doing his 200th event" good for him, but he's not getting a t-shirt.

I'm not keen on those customisable ones for the different events, too much going on.

The parkrun branded stuff is of varying quality too. Love the cut of the milestone t-shirts, but the print on the back tends to come off.

I don't have one, but the orange parkrun tops seem to cling to everyone in a rather unflattering way.

I had a rather uneventful run today, but very pleasant!

I’ve just found park run laugh’s Facebook group! Alas some people with a sense of humour.

Anyone else's parkrun have issues with people not funnel ducking, but joining the funnel at a time when they haven't crossed the line and collecting a token? I saw this yesterday- no wonder the results are always cocked up. You could have about 10 funnel managers and still someone would do something weird.

Did my first park run yesterday, I’m pretty fit but I’m not a runner and it showed I did enjoy it so want to go again, as long as childcare allows.

Any tips to improve? Probably do more running

Reactions: 4
Did my first park run yesterday, I’m pretty fit but I’m not a runner and it showed I did enjoy it so want to go again, as long as childcare allows.

Definitely a good place to start! I'd start trying one other run in the week and parkrun and then gradually run twice a week and parkrun. If you're not a runner I wouldn't even think about pace yet, just make your other runs feel really easy and push a bit more at parkrun for now.

Don’t over do it, if you need to walk, walk & always make sure you stretch after a run.

I joined a running club and just stuck with it and now I have found something I love and enjoy including the social side of it.

Thank you everyone. I already do strength training 3/4 times a week and Pilates 2/3 so fitting in more running might be tricky but I feel like this is my new hyper focus so will find a way. I have a 7 month old so suppose I could practice with the pram.

I love the idea of a running club, the social side does appeal as none of my friends want to do parkrun with me