Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was hoping to take our LO to junior parkrun in a few years but I think I'll skip it if there's hundreds of pushy parents there. I grew up in a competitive dance atmosphere, I don't need that tit!

Reactions: 5
I always tell my daughter she's only competing against herself.... she was mighty pissed off this weekend because she came 30th and she usually comes 26th (weird.... she has been in the same position for weeks on end! :p) so she was adamant it was her worst parkrun ever.... she'd actually run a bit faster than last week, there were just more kids there this week
I was hoping to take our LO to junior parkrun in a few years but I think I'll skip it if there's hundreds of pushy parents there. I grew up in a competitive dance atmosphere, I don't need that tit!
Noooo definitely go, it's lovely! The majority are not pushy, just the odd daft one that stands out!

Reactions: 1
You can happily avoid. Or watch and judge from a distance.

I appreciate there's a fine line sometimes between encouragement and pushiness, hopefully the parents are doing what their children need.

Our local one is small and generally not too competitive, there's one pushy parent with a super speedy kid (one week he fell over and just dropped out because he wasn't in first place anymore, he wasn't hurt) but that's it, others are all fine. We've not been beyond our local though.

What the hell, I commented on a post on the park run tourist trying to help someone with some advise and the admins have banned me until 15 August, no idea what I’ve done wrong and now making me see the cliquey toxic side of this stuff.

• Wow
If I am reading it right, some weirdo on the world parkrun tourist page flew to Australia for 48 hours to do a parkrun!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
If I am reading it right, some weirdo on the world parkrun tourist page flew to Australia for 48 hours to do a parkrun!
Sorry WHAT
---
I know a couple who did a park run in Singapore (I think) Australia and somewhere else but it was on their honeymoon. They didn’t go there just for that 🤦‍♀️

What the hell, I commented on a post on the park run tourist trying to help someone with some advise and the admins have banned me until 15 August, no idea what I’ve done wrong and now making me see the cliquey toxic side of this stuff.
The moderators are a bit ban/delete happy over there. They took someone's post down earlier- it had parkrun themed earrings in 🤷‍♀️

I love how they talk about the "Bushy Park pilgrimage" like they're doing Hajj

I'm actually able to make parkrun this weekend which is quite a novelty for me

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love how they talk about the "Bushy Park pilgrimage" like they're doing Hajj

I'm actually able to make parkrun this weekend which is quite a novelty for me
I'll be down in London in a few weeks time, and I was considering doing Bushy, but 1000+ people?! No thanks, I'll try a quieter one.

I'm glad I did Bushy, because it was nice to experience the original one, but I wouldn't do it regularly as it was far too people-y. Never mind the fact I'm the other end of the country 🤣
It's also quite eye opening watching the volunteers at work at such a busy event. Like a well oiled machine, especially those dealing with finish tokens.

Reactions: 5
I know someone who did this too.

If I'm going somewhere I'd want to explore it!
Quite frankly, that is verging on mental illness
---
I'm glad I did Bushy, because it was nice to experience the original one, but I wouldn't do it regularly as it was far too people-y. Never mind the fact I'm the other end of the country 🤣
It's also quite eye opening watching the volunteers at work at such a busy event. Like a well oiled machine, especially those dealing with finish tokens.
It runs like clockwork to be fair

I've no issue that they want to do it, just describing it as a pilgrimage that is pretty cringey to me :ROFLMAO: also I nearly had a breakdown at a parkrun with about 500 finishers so I'm definitely never going to Bushy in fact I was having a look at what I could do locally if I did fancy an adventure beyond the one I could walk to this weekend and immediately decided against one that listed over 300 as the average finisher numbers. I don't know how I even leave the house to be quite honest.