Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you everyone. I already do strength training 3/4 times a week and Pilates 2/3 so fitting in more running might be tricky but I feel like this is my new hyper focus so will find a way. I have a 7 month old so suppose I could practice with the pram.

I love the idea of a running club, the social side does appeal as none of my friends want to do parkrun with me 🤣
I joined a jogging club, I’d never run before. I love it, it encourages me to go knowing the rest of my group are going. I’ve only done 2 Parkrun so far though.

A question on volunteering - Do you only get one credit per event you volunteer at? Just looking at my home park run future roster and seen someone’s doing multiple roles.

Someone on the parkrun tourism page wants advice on where to leave their two dogs in their car next weekend as they can't take them with them :eek:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Some weirdo on the tourist page is on holiday in France planning on a 300 mile journey to Germany to do a parkrun on Saturday, christ, can they not enjoy the holiday

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Some weirdo on the tourist page is on holiday in France planning on a 300 mile journey to Germany to do a parkrun on Saturday, christ, can they not enjoy the holiday
I’m away next week with friends. We’ll be camping about a mile from a parkrun so some of us will wander along on Saturday morning and then meet the others for a big breakfast. Not the reason we chose to stay there though.

I think that tourist group encourages the insane trips as it’s so competitive for who’s done the daftest tit. Just leave it out

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There's a bloke who lives in Birmingham who regularly gets buses at stupid o'clock to parkrun in Scotland

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I'm impressed by the disposable income they must have to be forking out for hotel stays nearly every week.

Reactions: 4
I see parkrun have had to align all of the nordic special days to avoid the insane numbers that they got this year.