Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As requested on the running instagrammers thread. Wasn’t sure where to put in so went for off topic!

Reactions: 5
I run parkrun, a lot.

However, I go to my local one, enjoy a 5k, maybe have a chat with a few runners from my club, and go home again.

I have never understood the miles and miles people will travel on a Saturday morning to do a “challenge”

Reactions: 10
I think it’s good in principle, anything that gets people moving is good.

I don’t like how it’s become weirdly synonymous with running in some circles to the point you get the “oh you don’t do ANY parkruns??” Like no I just go for a run where and when I want to like a normal person.

“MY parkrun time is…” mate just say your 5k time

Reactions: 13
The Parkrun groups on facebook dedicated to touring, some real whoppers on them
---

I don’t like how it’s become weirdly synonymous with running in some circles to the point you get the “oh you don’t do ANY parkruns??” Like no I just go for a run where and when I want to like a normal person.

Its certainly isn't about running or fitness for these number chasing freaks, pints at the airport and the night before and full English straight after the events, there's even a group for that actually :LOL:

Reactions: 6

My mum will only run a parkrun and won’t just go out running. It’s so weird 😂 I’ve tried to get her to go out on another day and she just won’t. I’ve given up now cos I don’t want to be the pushy daughter but when she moans she hasn’t ran in 2/3 weeks but then won’t come out any other day I’m like….self inflicted much 💁‍♀️

she is about to join the running club my sister does so that may give her the confidence to just go out. I can understand it being a confidence thing but she knows I/my sister would never tell her she was going too slow for us!

Reactions: 6
The Parkrun groups on facebook dedicated to touring, some real whoppers on them
---

Its certainly isn't about running or fitness for these number chasing freaks, pints at the airport and the night before and full English straight after the events, there's even a group for that actually :LOL:
I don’t use Facebook anymore but I feel like the people who do this are the same ones that would post photos of their dinner everyday 10 years ago
---
My mum will only run a parkrun and won’t just go out running. It’s so weird 😂 I’ve tried to get her to go out on another day and she just won’t. I’ve given up now cos I don’t want to be the pushy daughter but when she moans she hasn’t ran in 2/3 weeks but then won’t come out any other day I’m like….self inflicted much 💁‍♀️

she is about to join the running club my sister does so that may give her the confidence to just go out. I can understand it being a confidence thing but she knows I/my sister would never tell her she was going too slow for us!
Once she gets to running peacefully alone without inhaling other peoples farts and BO, and avoiding some tosser who’s driven 150 miles hocking up phlegm like a 50 fag a day asbestos factory worker, she’ll never go back 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m ashamed to say I did a parkrunathon. It was for charity but thinking back now, travelling round the region in a coach, doing 8 park runs on a Saturday was 🙄.

I don’t go anymore, partly because of work but mainly because my local one has been booted out to a worse route by the uni and the next nearest is full of overtaking, moaning horrors.

• Heart
I’m ashamed to say I did a parkrunathon. It was for charity but thinking back now, travelling round the region in a coach, doing 8 park runs on a Saturday was 🙄.

I don’t go anymore, partly because of work but mainly because my local one has been booted out to a worse route by the uni and the next nearest is full of overtaking, moaning horrors.
Nothing to be ashamed of, you can get good camaraderie on events like that and it’s fun for a challenge now and again, especially for charity.
I think what irks me mainly about the whole parkrun thing is that everyone I know who does it is just about posting gurning selfies on Instagram with faux humble captions, and mincing about in their merch. But I think that’s mainly because I find most things on social media so annoying in general. Running insta used to be great years ago, people posting pictures of things they saw on runs, tips, it could help you decide events you wanted to do, or if you were in a slump it motivated you. Then suddenly runfluencing was a thing and it all went a bit tit, and now it’s all just selfies.

• Heart
I have found my people 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also people that double Parkrun on Xmas need to shut up and spend time with their families

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thanks for this thread. I am relatively new to running and my 5k is sllllooooowwww. I keep feeling like I should try park run but I'm embarrassed to. But this thread has shown me I'm not missing much!

Reactions: 2
Thanks for this thread. I am relatively new to running and my 5k is sllllooooowwww. I keep feeling like I should try park run but I'm embarrassed to. But this thread has shown me I'm not missing much!
They’re not all bad! But yeah….some are weird. If there are any Yorkshire tattlers, Hull parkrun has my heart as my favourite one 🏃🏼‍♀️ and not just cos it’s flat and rapid so my last 4 PBs have been there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
for some people Parkrun is their personality. there are proper races you know 😆

• Haha
I did Christmas parkrun twice when I was at my most disordered so I could “earn” my fat boy Christmas lunch. Much rather have a lie in now. 🤣

• Heart
THANK YOU MARSHALL! People who yell that, as if to show extra thanks
Another annoying thing that became popular due to the podcast (carrying on my moans from the runners thread). Just say thanks if that’s what you want to do.

Reactions: 2
Another annoying thing that became popular due to the podcast (carrying on my moans from the runners thread). Just say thanks if that’s what you want to do.
I've had THANK YOU MARSHALL screamed at me when I've been barcode scanning 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Christmas parkrun, or new year, is the main one I do 😆 we have other sporting activities Saturdays which mean I don't do it much.
Haven't they stopped the double now by saying they all have to be at 9? We spent one new year morning we queuing to get into the carpark at Haldon Forest. It was rammed with people trying to do the double.
My other half has a real bug bear about the organisation behind parkrun and the rules they issue, the trans thing, the sun newspaper executive they appointed, the dogs on leads not harnesses....