Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll be down in London in a few weeks time, and I was considering doing Bushy, but 1000+ people?! No thanks, I'll try a quieter one.
To be fair, bushy is a beautiful park and copes really well with big numbers. For a similar feel but smaller numbers Richmond would be my shout

Reactions: 3
My niece did her first (ish, she did 2 of the 3 laps but then wanted a shot in the play park instead 😂) park run today aged 3! Very proud aunty 🩷

• Heart
  • Haha
I follow quite a few of the parkruns round me on the socials, all struggling for volunteers this week

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We had a stag party at ours today. The groom is getting married this afternoon. He had a sash on and everything and they did the course together in a big group.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
“Karen is celebrating her 100 park run today, do you think she wants any publicity”

Well the fact Karen has turned up with a 100 balloon im saying yes she does….. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've started to become petty and won't clap when they announce milestones that aren't milestones. "Peter is doing his 200th event" good for him, but he's not getting a t-shirt.

I'm not keen on those customisable ones for the different events, too much going on.

The parkrun branded stuff is of varying quality too. Love the cut of the milestone t-shirts, but the print on the back tends to come off.

I don't have one, but the orange parkrun tops seem to cling to everyone in a rather unflattering way.

I had a rather uneventful run today, but very pleasant!

I’ve just found park run laugh’s Facebook group! Alas some people with a sense of humour.

Anyone else's parkrun have issues with people not funnel ducking, but joining the funnel at a time when they haven't crossed the line and collecting a token? I saw this yesterday- no wonder the results are always cocked up. You could have about 10 funnel managers and still someone would do something weird.

• Wow
Did my first park run yesterday, I’m pretty fit but I’m not a runner and it showed 😂 I did enjoy it so want to go again, as long as childcare allows.

Any tips to improve? Probably do more running 🤣

Reactions: 4
Did my first park run yesterday, I’m pretty fit but I’m not a runner and it showed 😂 I did enjoy it so want to go again, as long as childcare allows.

Definitely a good place to start! I'd start trying one other run in the week and parkrun and then gradually run twice a week and parkrun. If you're not a runner I wouldn't even think about pace yet, just make your other runs feel really easy and push a bit more at parkrun for now.

Don’t over do it, if you need to walk, walk & always make sure you stretch after a run.

I joined a running club and just stuck with it and now I have found something I love and enjoy including the social side of it.

Thank you everyone. I already do strength training 3/4 times a week and Pilates 2/3 so fitting in more running might be tricky but I feel like this is my new hyper focus so will find a way. I have a 7 month old so suppose I could practice with the pram.

I love the idea of a running club, the social side does appeal as none of my friends want to do parkrun with me 🤣